• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Will Trump Run for President in 2024?

• Total voters
No it won't. I'm not going to take the time to locate sources for you but Andy McCarthy and others have been all over that topic today. I also saw a Huff Post article on it earlier today.
But, if he can be convicted for incitement of insurrection, the constitution doesn't bail him out for that one. It's a long shot, I agree.

As I recall it the DOJ chose not to prosecute because although she had mishandled some documents there was no evidence of intent. She also complied with requests to hand over all requested materials. In this case it looks as if Trump inappropriately held on to these documents intentionally.
That's a valid point.

Do you suppose that the intent criterion should apply with Trump also?

That's a valid point.

Do you suppose that the intent criterion should apply with Trump also?
Yes, it should unless it was changed with the law passed under Trump making this crime a felony. Having said that the reason Comey gave about Clinton was that there was no evidence that she deliberately intended to mishandle the storage of the documents. In this case, Trump deliberately withheld the documents when requested to return them and stored them in a relatively unsecured location. That indicates intent on his part but minds greater than mine will make that determination. I should add there are two crimes here. The improper storage of classified documents AND contravening the Presidential Records Act. The later was not part of the Clinton equation.

Last edited:
What info do you have about 'us losing predictit'. That's scary for me! If that happens I imagine all moneys not scored as of that time would be returned
Go into predictit.com, just the home page. Across the top of the screen (in a blue rectangle) is a CFTC staff action link. Click on that and it explains it. When that info was released a week or less ago, it was a really big topic in the comments section of each individual market.
I only use predictit for info about betting trends and directions. I've never placed a bet on it so this situation isn't pertinent to me. But, as I mentioned, it was a big topic for those placing bets, when that recent news broke. If you go into the 2024 election winner market, for example, and scroll down a few days in the comments section, you'll see a lot of conversation about it.
Hope this info is helpful to you.

Go into predictit.com, just the home page. Across the top of the screen (in a blue rectangle) is a CFTC staff action link. Click on that and it explains it. When that info was released a week or less ago, it was a really big topic in the comments section of each individual market.
I only use predictit for info about betting trends and directions. I've never placed a bet on it so this situation isn't pertinent to me. But, as I mentioned, it was a big topic for those placing bets, when that recent news broke. If you go into the 2024 election winner market, for example, and scroll down a few days in the comments section, you'll see a lot of conversation about it.
Hope this info is helpful to you.
Thanx for the info. I just went into predictit & withdrew $140 that I haven't bet yet. I have $340 on DeSantis NOT to be the Republican nominee to win $189.
I guess that's up in the air now.

Trump is about to become a wounded animal backed into a corner. Whatever happens, it's going to be dangerous.
The danger will come from Trump thugs because Trump is much of a coward to do anything himself.

Trump is too big of a head case not to run.

He loves the attention.

He is the classic shit disturbing shit head.

That's what Republicans like about him

He is selfish and sf centered.

And will lie steal or cheat to win

That's what Republicansove about him.

He is above the law and will con anybody out of money.

That's what Republicans love about him.
Trump losing the last election with his ego will have a effect on him possibly losing again.

We all have to take him seriously and do everything in our collective power to insure he never sets foot in the WH again. The future of America depends on that.
Your obsession with the orange man isnt healthy, dude.

Your obsession with the orange man isnt healthy, dude.
Sure it is. Every day we are hearing something new about Trumps criminal behavior. It has me laughing constantly about how stupid this man and his followers are. Everyone knows laughing is very good for one's health.

Sure it is. Every day we are hearing something new about Trumps criminal behavior. It has me laughing constantly about how stupid this man and his followers are. Everyone knows laughing is very good for one's health.
LOL well you'd better hope he doesnt get relected or else it might just do something else for your mental health.

No one's worked up. As I wrote, this is just for fun.
It's for fun in a worked up kind of way. It's why you're doing a poll like this 2 years out. ;)

Back
Top Bottom