• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2024 State Electors

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Assuming Trump doesn’t go thermonuclear and actually try something extremely dangerous and illegal To stay in power.

Its all over and Biden will be President.

Thats the end of that story.

But given there is a roadmap here being tested to undo the results, do you think State level GOP will move to create a situation in which electors do not have to adhere to the vote and either outright take it away or “reserve the right” to vote their... Dare i say the word “conscience“.

Do you think they will try this over the next few years?

Assuming Trump doesn’t go thermonuclear and actually try something extremely dangerous and illegal To stay in power.

But given there is a roadmap here being tested to undo the results, do you think State level GOP will move to create a situation in which electors do not have to adhere to the vote and either outright take it away or “reserve the right” to vote their... Dare i say the word “conscience“.

It's the new GOP under Trump. Anything is possible. Yes, even this sort of malfeasance.

Some states have laws allowing “faithless electors” and other prohibit it. Couldn’t say if the state party leadership will try to change the laws in their states or not.

IF they do take the peoples vote / say away from the people the people should vote them out of office and make sure they know why
Have a nice day

I have no clue as to how things are going to evolve between now and 2024. The GOP may try to get back to its roots, or it may embrace its cray cray. I do think that all States without an official mail-in ballot system should adopt Colorado's system ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom