• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2022 NFL Draft

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
We are less than two weeks away from the 2022 NFL Draft in Las Vegas, Nevada.

First, the most important part: the team selection order for all 262 picks:

Se4cond, the players who will be there for when they (hopefully) hear their names called:

Here are the schedule and ways to watch:

First Round: Thursday, April 28 (starting at 8:00 ET
Second and Third Rounds: Friday, April 29 (starting at 7:00 ET)
Fourth through Seventh Rounds: Saturday, April 30 (starting at 12:00 ET)

Television coverage is on ABC, ESPN, and NFL Network. If you are going there, look for the Bellagio Fountains and Allegiant Stadium.

Got all that? Now let's start the warmup to the most exciting part of every NFL offseason - and life for almost 300 football players.

The NFL has gone all in on Vegas after avoiding Sin City for decades.

LOL! I swear I composed my post before I found the link, cross my heart!

Heard that Arizona and Kyle Murray may part company

If that were to occur, what would he be worth in todays QB market?

And how many teams would go all-in?

Heard that Arizona and Kyle Murray may part company

If that were to occur, what would he be worth in todays QB market?

And how many teams would go all-in?

Until we know with absolute certainty the Cardinals want to let Kyler Murray join a different team (which would be stupid because his problem last year was injuries to himself and several teammates), I will assume they are not in the market for a QB.

We have already seen a lot more QB craziness than usual this year: Russell Wilson and Drew Lock switching places, Deshaun Watson finally getting out of Houston, Mitchell Trubisky getting a second chance to be a starter, and Matt Ryan replacing the player (Carson Wentz) someone at Indianapolis called "a mistake" recently. Then there is Andy Dalton moving to New Orleans because Taysom Hill is moving to tight end, but that signing (along with Trubisky's move) was not a trade deal. I do not know what Carolina has been doing with Sam Darnold, but the Panthers were very clear that they want to get a QB next week.

It seems Kenny Pickett (PIttsburgh) and Matt Corral (Ole Miss) are the only two quarterbacks getting a lot of attention from the Steelers, who need a better guy to compete with Trubisky in training camp than Mason Rudolph. I never watched Pickett play and have not seen Corral much, so all I know is they are right-handed throwers and wear different numbers. What do you think?

Last edited:
From my understanding, this is a contract dispute with Murray

He is still on his rookie contract, and he wants a huge bump before the season starts apparently

Could be trouble brewing in AZ because they dont want to give it to him yet.....apparently they dont see him as a BIG GAME qb

My team, the Chiefs, has two picks in each of the first four rounds. History indicates they will use the capital to move. Where and for whom is another issue. It's a redesign and retool sort of year

After the most eventful free agent period in history, the draft may be a letdown. The draft pool is not sexy. There are no elite QBs, pass-rushers, or WRs. Two of the best players in the draft are DB, one a safety and the other from a small school. However, the draft is deep in several positions. Quality eventual starting players can be had well into the 3rd round. I'll be following closely.

I have no idea why somebody would even mention Kyler Murray in this thread because he has absolutely nothing to do with the 2022 draft. The Cardinals would have already traded Murray weeks ago if they had any interest in using him as pick bait.

I think the Rams are the prototype for success going forward in the NFL. You build to win--season by season. I'm not saying get rid of all of your draft picks but if you can identify some solid second string players to accent your current starters, you can make some trades for playmakers. Its certainly no guarantee of success but I think you may see more and more of this going forward

I would love to know the amount of money spent on players who were drafted in rounds 1-3 in the last 10 years who spent 3 seasons or less in the league. I would bet it's close to a billion dollars (in terms of contracts--not the amount actually spent on the bust).

What will the Rams do with their $32 draft pick? Rookie salaries are based on the player's position and pick number, so free agent spending is not an issue. Position needs and draft availability are.

Oh wait, they don't have a first round draft pick . . .never mind. So what will they do to make up for it on Friday night?

Last edited:
The Panthers are looking desperate and are going to draft a QB at #6 who absolutely does not have the skill or potential to be drafted at #6

Derek Carr gets 40 million a year? That kills a salary cap. Seattle is now looking brilliant for trading Wilson. Rookies cost a shit ton less. And yes, they are not all turn key elites.

The Panthers are looking desperate and are going to draft a QB at #6 who absolutely does not have the skill or potential to be drafted at #6

I am hearing Mayfield rumblings too. No thanks!

Derek Carr gets 40 million a year? That kills a salary cap. Seattle is now looking brilliant for trading Wilson. Rookies cost a shit ton less. And yes, they are not all turn key elites.

What does that have to do with the draft? We all know he is not trade bait.

The Seahawks tried their best to keep Russell Wilson. He could force his way out of Seattle by deciding to play for Denver, where the people in charge said they would do whatever it takes to end their constant search for a franchise quarterback.

Obviously that trade means Seattle is going to draft a quarterback ASAP next week. Desmond Ridder (Cincinnati) is expected to be a first round pick and will be in Las Vegas, but the Seahawks are doing their due diligence with him. They probably want to trade a few picks to move back into the first round because the Panthers and Steelers among others) also need first round quarterbacks.

Valid point. Seattle is looking like a crater. It's good odds that they pick in the top 5 in 2023 plus they have a ton of draft capital in a deep draft this year.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of another poster, how long do you think the NFL business model can hold up?

What is the base rookie pay?
That is a draft question, right?

I have questioned the business model since the start of so and so got this dollar amount, therefore I deserve that plus a bonus……

The NFL is trying to get all games broadcast behind some sort of paywall, imo.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of another poster, how long do you think the NFL business model can hold up?

What is the base rookie pay?
That is a draft question, right?

I have questioned the business model since the start of so and so got this dollar amount, therefore I deserve that plus a bonus……

The NFL is trying to get all games broadcast behind some sort of paywall, imo.

The rookie pay scale is working well for the most part

If the NFL had a full season streaming package I think they could do it for cheap and increase revenue. Most people have to pay $60 a month for local these days anyway. So a $100-$250 package would be a value for a lot of fans and they could still sell the same ads

I am hearing Mayfield rumblings too. No thanks!

Baker Mayfield is understandably upset about the Deshaun Watson trade. His team traded the farm (three first round picks and more) to replace the QB they selected #1 overall and won one road playoff game with. His head coach sounded optimistic he would still be the starter. All this happened after he struggled through a shoulder injury that required offseason surgery. Why would he not want to get out of Cleveland? Considering these facts, I would only hold bad performances against Mayfield, not what he is doing now.

Jimmy Garoppolo is another quarterback trying to force his way out by skipping voluntary workouts. San Francisco gave way too much to Miami for a small school quarterback (Trey Lance) who has no chance of becoming a right-handed Steve Young. At least he is not being replaced by a team quitter like Watson. Let's see what he does when the mandatory training camps start.

The rookie pay scale is working well for the most part

If the NFL had a full season streaming package I think they could do it for cheap and increase revenue. Most people have to pay $60 a month for local these days anyway. So a $100-$250 package would be a value for a lot of fans and they could still sell the same ads
I don’t understand people who have to pay extra and then get subject to advertising..🤷

I don’t understand people who have to pay extra and then get subject to advertising..🤷

I don't think the NFL could go paywall for a reasonable price and keep and the same revenue without ads

I don't think the NFL could go paywall for a reasonable price and keep and the same revenue without ads
Practice jerseys are open to ads, I think I read that game jerseys will be open this year or next. It just seems like a ‘golden goose’ fable playing out.

Trading Wilson came about because of Seattle's incompetence. They have drafted horribly and haven't brought in any impact free agents in recent years. They made a horrible trade for Jamal Adams which included two first rounders. They failed to put a Super Bowl caliber team around Wilson. They didn't want to commit a huge new contract to a guy who didn't want to be there anymore. They had to trade him or watch him walk in a couple years. They were smart enough to realize they blew it.

Getting rid of an elite first ballot hall of fame QB is never brilliant. They are now in QB hell. Denver was there the past 7 years. Maybe they get lucky and get the right guy in the draft. Odds are not good.

They have a horrible offensive line. It seems wise to me to select a Tackle at 6 and look to next years draft when the QB talent is much better. If they do pick a QB it sounds like it will be Picket. He has a connection with Rhule. Rhule is on the hot seat so he needs a QB who can win now.

I have no idea why somebody would even mention Kyler Murray in this thread because he has absolutely nothing to do with the 2022 draft. The Cardinals would have already traded Murray weeks ago if they had any interest in using him as pick bait.
The Cardinals weren't in this situation weeks ago. Murray is now threatening not to play. They planned for whatever reason to address his contract in the summer. The trade market for Murray is teeny tiny just like he is. There are not a lot of teams that want a small QB who also plays small. There are not a lot of teams that need a QB. I don't blame Murray for wanting to get paid now before he gets hurt. He saw what happened to his buddy Baker. I don't blame the Cardinals for not wanting to commit a big contract just yet. Murray is not even a top ten QB in this league. He is not a great leader. He is not committed to the game like other QB's. He is useless when he gets hurt. He plays scared. He should be paid just above what Goff and Wentz are making.

I think the two sides will compromise. Murray is more valuable too the Cardinals than any other team. I'd love to see them trade him because I don't like the little punk. If they do sign him I hope it's no more than 40 million and with little guaranteed money.

Trading Wilson came about because of Seattle's incompetence. They have drafted horribly and haven't brought in any impact free agents in recent years. They made a horrible trade for Jamal Adams which included two first rounders. They failed to put a Super Bowl caliber team around Wilson. They didn't want to commit a huge new contract to a guy who didn't want to be there anymore. They had to trade him or watch him walk in a couple years. They were smart enough to realize they blew it.

Getting rid of an elite first ballot hall of fame QB is never brilliant. They are now in QB hell. Denver was there the past 7 years. Maybe they get lucky and get the right guy in the draft. Odds are not good.

The Jamaal Adams trade was New York's sin. The Jets quit on him, but he want5ed to stay. I don't understand why two first round picks were needed to make a deal with the Seahawks.

Seattle's mistake was failing to recoup picks they had sent to the Jets so that combined with at least one other trade, they had only three total for the whole seven rounds. They need every single pick the Broncos gave them more than Noah Fant and Drew Lock.

Back
Top Bottom