• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2022 NFL Draft

A week before the trade?
Wagner didn’t know exactly when this conversation happened. It could have been a couple days before or possibly a week. It sounds like Russ was gauging his interest level on moving to Denver. I see nothing wrong here.

Let’s hope that’s the 🐻

They made a mistake by not keeping Allen Robinson.

How many picks would a team be willing to give up? I am sure San Francisco wants a first rounder after giving it to Miami.

They made a mistake by not keeping Allen Robinson.

How many picks would a team be willing to give up? I am sure San Francisco wants a first rounder after giving it to Miami.
It’s rebuilding time. You know it will be slow when they load up on TEs filling from FA.

We need a WR from our 6 picks. GM Poles is only 36-yoa and was with KC for 12 years.

What is the link Kenny Pickett has with Matt Rhule?

I am sure having a better QB than Sam Darnold is more likely to save his jog than drafting an offensive tackle first. The Panthers can't put off picking their next Cam Newton.
Is Pickett better than Darnold? Maybe! If they pick him and he doesn’t quickly supplant Darnold it’s gonna be ugly. It seems weird that they would pass on Justin Fields and Mac Jones last year at 8 and now pick a lesser talent at 6 this year.

If I were a Panther fan my order of preference would be

1) Draft a tackle and tank this year. Get the QB next year
2) Draft a tackle and trade for Baker Mayfield. If he doesn’t work out draft Arch Manning in a few years.
3) Draft Malik Willis and prey he turns into something. At least he’d bring some excitement.

Is Pickett better than Darnold? Maybe! If they pick him and he doesn’t quickly supplant Darnold it’s gonna be ugly. It seems weird that they would pass on Justin Fields and Mac Jones last year at 8 and now pick a lesser talent at 6 this year.

The player they took at #8 was looking good before he broke his foot.

Kenny Pickett was the ACC MVP, so he should be better than Sam Darnold.

The player they took at #8 was looking good before he broke his foot.

Kenny Pickett was the ACC MVP, so he should be better than Sam Darnold.
He might be better. There are a decent amount of scouts who don’t even have a first round grade on Pickett. I just don’t see him being significantly better than Darnold.

JC Horn was a fine pick last year. At the time they had high hopes for Darnold.

Bucky Brooks has a lot of crazy opinions, but as a former player and scout, he knows how to judge prospect talent.

He this the best QB in this year's NFL draft is . . . Kenny Pichett.

Then there are mock drafts slotting him as a Steeler.
That would make more sense value wise. Tomlin wants an athletic QB. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them go Willis or Ridder as crazy as that sounds.

That would make more sense value wise. Tomlin wants an athletic QB. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them go Willis or Ridder as crazy as that sounds.

Bucky Brooks described Malik Willis as a "boom or bust" pick. Kenny Pickett's biggest advantage is he already lives in Pittsburgh. It is anyone's guess what the Steelers think of all four quarterbacks, since they also worked out Matt Corral and Desmond Ridder.

Here's the full breakdown of the 15 quarterbacks with the best chance to get drafted next week, based on conversations with NFL executives, scouts and coaches, all speaking on the condition of anonymity for competitive reasons and to provide a blunt assessment:

I only read about the top five quarterbacks. The article is a reminder some career backups are available in the draft.

"I wanna win Super Bowls with the Cardinals," Murray tweeted, "AZ is home."

Cardinals owner Michael Bidwill echoed Keim's comments in a conversation with The Arizona Republic's Kent Somers.

"Yea, that's not happening," Bidwill said. "There's just too much outside noise that people listen to. We understand that's just part of what goes on these days with social media. It's just not the case."

That's the theme of much of this draft: uncertainty. With a lack of quarterback star power, teams can go in a number of different directions, and much will depend on what the clubs in front of them -- Houston lurks as a potential wild card at No. 3 overall -- decide to do with their own selections.

With so much uncertainty, it behooves franchises to keep their intel close to the vest. Get your respirators ready, too: Smokescreens could (and should) arise in the next six days.

We'll sort it all out live in Las Vegas on Thursday night.

This sounds familiar. Even when there is a slam dunk at #1 overall, we often hear this kind of lie from coaches and executives with the top pick. Without an obvious top pick this year, this statement is more believable. Most of the projections seem to be one of two elite pass rushers: Aiden Hutchinson (Michigan) or Travon Walker (Georgia). The two teams that most badly need offensive linemen are in the NFC, so drafting Evan Neal would do nothing but challenge Jawaan Taylor.

With the Broncos set to make their first selection at the end of the second round at No. 64 overall, followed by two more picks in each of the next two rounds, there is still an opportunity for Denver to move up or down during the draft. But Paton said if any upward moves are made, they likely would not bring the Broncos into the first round, instead just positioning them higher in the second.

"When we get to that second day, we'll be on the phone calling every team. We'll have an idea of what we want to do on that second day, especially as it starts dropping to the mid rounds," Paton said. "Then we'll decide do we want to move, do we want to stand pat, or do we want to move back? That kind of depends on who is there and how many players that we like are there."

The USFL will provide better ‘off-the-streets’ free agents this year. Kind of a minor league. The other pro sports have their minors and college feeders.

July is still the dead month. The usfl has its championship on Sunday 7/3 in Canton, OH.

5 days …

The USFL will provide better ‘off-the-streets’ free agents this year. Kind of a minor league. The other pro sports have their minors and college feeders.

July is still the dead month. The USFL has its championship on Sunday 7/3 in Canton, OH.

5 days …

There is no reason to mention other sports leagues in this thread,; but I also have been counting down the days.

Derek Carr gets 40 million a year? That kills a salary cap. Seattle is now looking brilliant for trading Wilson. Rookies cost a shit ton less. And yes, they are not all turn key elites.
Derek Carr signed a 3 year, $121,500,000 contract with the Las Vegas Raiders, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $65,277,519 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $40,500,000. In 2022, Carr will earn a base salary of $17,377,519, a signing bonus of $7,500,000 and a workout bonus of $100,000, while carrying a cap hit of $19,352,519 and a dead cap value of $24,877,519.

July is still the dead month. The usfl has its championship on Sunday 7/3 in Canton, OH.

5 days …

Have you watched any of the USFL, it's just bad

The draft is a little deeper than usual this year. Many players came back to play another year because of lost time do to the pandemic. There will be some older rookies.

Back
Top Bottom