• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2022 NFL Draft

Teams currently without a first round pick:

Chicago Bears (traded to New York Giants)
Cleveland Browns (traded to Houston Texans)
Denver Broncos (traded to Seattle Seahawks)
Indianapolis Colts (traded to Philadelphia Eagles)
Las Vegas Raiders (traded to Green Bay Packers)
Los Angeles Rams (traded to Detroit Lions)
Miami Dolphins (traded to Kansas City Chiefs)
San Francisco 49ers (traded to Miami Dolphins)

Also, the New Orleans Saints got Philadelphia's first round pick from Indianapolis, so the Saints have two first round picks.

They have a horrible offensive line. It seems wise to me to select a Tackle at 6 and look to next years draft when the QB talent is much better. If they do pick a QB it sounds like it will be Picket. He has a connection with Rhule. Rhule is on the hot seat so he needs a QB who can win now.

There is no win now QB in the draft and even if there was you pointed out the Panthers are not a win now team

They have a horrible offensive line. It seems wise to me to select a Tackle at 6 and look to next years draft when the QB talent is much better. If they do pick a QB it sounds like it will be Picket. He has a connection with Rhule. Rhule is on the hot seat so he needs a QB who can win now.

What is the link Kenny Pickett has with Matt Rhule?

I am sure having a better QB than Sam Darnold is more likely to save his jog than drafting an offensive tackle first. The Panthers can't put off picking their next Cam Newton.

There is no win now QB in the draft and even if there was you pointed out the Panthers are not a win now team
actually, the cats are a QB and OT away from being competitive
this projection assumes mccaffrey will be healthy (btw, i just passed him in the grocery store less than 3 hours ago ... 69 year old fart smoked CMC in the meatarian aisle. *spikes a porterhouse*)

Trading Wilson came about because of Seattle's incompetence. They have drafted horribly and haven't brought in any impact free agents in recent years. They made a horrible trade for Jamal Adams which included two first rounders. They failed to put a Super Bowl caliber team around Wilson. They didn't want to commit a huge new contract to a guy who didn't want to be there anymore. They had to trade him or watch him walk in a couple years. They were smart enough to realize they blew it.

Getting rid of an elite first ballot hall of fame QB is never brilliant. They are now in QB hell. Denver was there the past 7 years. Maybe they get lucky and get the right guy in the draft. Odds are not good.

Let's start with the fact that RW lost the locker room. His robot antics grew thin with many of the vets. He never once restructured his contract to allow for more players. Great player? HOF, yes. But he wanted out. So he moped.

As to the Adams trade, yeah it looks bad, But in fairness the jury is still out. As to them drafting poorly, how ironic? They got Wilson in the 3rd round, Metcalf in Round 2. Earl Thomas was a #1, Sherman and Chancellor round 5. Bobby Wagner round 2. Doug Baldwin undrafted. Cody Barton 3rd round. Jordyn Brooks Round 1. Absolutely there were misses. But to suggest they don't draft well is disingenuous at least.

Actually, the cats are a QB and OT away from being competitive. This projection assumes McCaffrey will be healthy.

I was thinking about this the last time Christian McCaffrey got hurt. The problem is Carolina only has #22. CM needs a teammate who can split carries with him. Of course that would not be cutting his carries ins half, just giving the big cat breaks when he needs a rest to avoid getting hurt again. But the Panthers definitely should try to improve their running back room next week.

What is the link Kenny Pickett has with Matt Rhule?

I am sure having a better QB than Sam Darnold is more likely to save his jog than drafting an offensive tackle first. The Panthers can't put off picking their next Cam Newton.
Pickett was recruited by Rhule in 2016 to play for Temple.

Let's start with the fact that RW lost the locker room. His robot antics grew thin with many of the vets. He never once restructured his contract to allow for more players. Great player? HOF, yes. But he wanted out. So he moped.

You are criticizing the 2020 Man of the Year while his presumptive replacement wears #2 because "you don't wear #3 in Seattle." (Drew Lock had worn #3 every year until he was traded.)

Russell Wilson always said he wants to keep playing football when asked if he would consider retiring. He probably got tired of playing for Pete Carroll. Certainly it was not the best way to change teams, but with Bobby Wagner also gone, this is not a bad time for him to get the change of scenery he wanted.

As to the Adams trade, yeah it looks bad, But in fairness the jury is still out. As to them drafting poorly, how ironic? They got Wilson in the 3rd round, Metcalf in Round 2. Earl Thomas was a #1, Sherman and Chancellor round 5. Bobby Wagner round 2. Doug Baldwin undrafted. Cody Barton 3rd round. Jordyn Brooks Round 1. Absolutely there were misses. But to suggest they don't draft well is disingenuous at least.
They made some nice picks 12 years ago.

The last 4 or 5 years has been a disaster regarding roster construction. I would mope too if I were Russ.

They made some nice picks 12 years ago.

The last 4 or 5 years has been a disaster regarding roster construction. I would mope too if I were Russ.

Yes, including Russell Wilson himself. He should have been picked before the third round started. Jaguars fans were mad at then -GM Gene Smith for picking a punter (who is now with the Cowboys) when Wilson was available.

He probably got tired of playing for Pete Carroll.
Carroll held Russ back. Five out of Russes ten years with Seattle they were 32nd in pass attempts. I get why they ran so much with Lynch and the legion of Boom. They failed to play to their strength and adjust with the times. Coaches like Carol are being kicked to the curb in favor of younger more innovated coaches who game plan around their star QB.

Yes, including Russell Wilson himself. He should have been picked before the third round started. Jaguars fans were mad at then -GM Gene Smith for picking a punter (who is now with the Cowboys) when Wilson was available.
Back then short QB’s weren’t a thing.

Which trade for a 2022 first round pick is the most surprising so far?

Mine is Tyreek Hill to Miami. I am a little surprised about the DeVante Adams trade to Las Vegas too, but nothing compares to the Hill trade.

Which trade for a 2022 first round pick is the most surprising so far?

Mine is Tyreek Hill to Miami. I am a little surprised about the DeVante Adams trade to Las Vegas too, but nothing compares to the Hill trade.
Adams said he wouldn't play under the franchise tag so his trade was less surprising. I didn't see the Hill trade coming.

You are criticizing the 2020 Man of the Year while his presumptive replacement wears #2 because "you don't wear #3 in Seattle." (Drew Lock had worn #3 every year until he was traded.)

Russell Wilson always said he wants to keep playing football when asked if he would consider retiring. He probably got tired of playing for Pete Carroll. Certainly it was not the best way to change teams, but with Bobby Wagner also gone, this is not a bad time for him to get the change of scenery he wanted.

RW did amazing things @ Children's Hospital in Seattle. He is a boy scout.
Carroll held Russ back. Five out of Russes ten years with Seattle they were 32nd in pass attempts. I get why they ran so much with Lynch and the legion of Boom. They failed to play to their strength and adjust with the times. Coaches like Carol are being kicked to the curb in favor of younger more innovated coaches who game plan around their star QB.
What happened when he let Russ cook?

I was thinking about this the last time Christian McCaffrey got hurt. The problem is Carolina only has #22. CM needs a teammate who can split carries with him. Of course that would not be cutting his carries ins half, just giving the big cat breaks when he needs a rest to avoid getting hurt again. But the Panthers definitely should try to improve their running back room next week.
Donta foreman is a free agent pick up who is a bruiser, in addition to last year’s rookie Chuba Hubbard who has potential. I think they are OK for running backs

Donta foreman is a free agent pick up who is a bruiser, in addition to last year’s rookie Chuba Hubbard who has potential. I think they are OK for running backs
They have other needs besides RB. Foreman was solid last year when Henry went down.

They can’t keep giving CMAC the ball 40 times a game. It’s tempting because he is so fricking good.

What happened when he let Russ cook?
The Seahawks didn’t have the talent on either side of the ball to properly let Russ cook. Denver has both the talent and coaching which will allow Russ to put up MVP numbers. The highest Seattle ranked in pass attempts was 16th during Russes time there. He lead the league in TD’s that year.

Apparently Russ had his own agenda. He recruited Bobby Wagner to Denver 1 week before the trade. Imagine that?

His robot antics grew thin with many of the vets.
I’ll agree with you here. He does come off as fake and robotish to me. I like the Brady’s, Mannings, and Rogers who don’t hold back who they are.

The Seahawks didn’t have the talent on either side of the ball to properly let Russ cook. Denver has both the talent and coaching which will allow Russ to put up MVP numbers. The highest Seattle ranked in pass attempts was 16th during Russes time there. He lead the league in TD’s that year.
It is always someone else's fault. Russ started out hot, then not so much.

Apparently Russ had his own agenda. He recruited Bobby Wagner to Denver 1 week before the trade. Imagine that?

Seems reasonable to me. Russ knew he was going to Denver so why not try to recruit a future hall of fame LB.

Should the Seahawks select a replacement for Bobby Wagner with their second round pick? We all know the first round pick must be a quarterback.

As it is now, Mr. Irrelevant will be a compensatory pick by the 49ers.

Back
Top Bottom