• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2021 was the deadliest year in US history, CDC finds

I wonder how many pandemics like this we'll have had by 2030?

Or if the response will get better with repeated blows.

Nope. We could get hit with ebola and the usual suspects would not get vaccinated.

Nope. We could get hit with ebola and the usual suspects would not get vaccinated.
With enough chances, mother nature will kill those unwilling to vaccinate off.

Seems that the death rate is skewed towards the red states. I would suggest that those were the least vaccinated states.
View attachment 67386292
Source: https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/death-rate-per-100000/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Death Rate per 100,000","sort":"desc"}
He's still the POTUS, so your silly excuses are silly.
lol they really do want presidents to be dictators

Yup, the dems sure do want that alright.

I know of no statement in which Biden said he would shutdown Covid.
You must have a very selective memory.

He's still the POTUS, so your silly excuses are silly.
If a comet was heading towards Earth, would that be Biden’s fault?
What about a cloudy day?
The argument that because someone is the president when bad things happen it’s his responsibility, is dumb.

What about a cloudy day?
The argument that because someone is the president when bad things happen it’s his responsibility, is dumb.
Some people are unable to tell the difference between:

[1] "During the administration of President Ev Rewunknoz, _[insert negative thing]_ happened, because he _[insert actions which increased the odds of it happening]_."​

and

[2] "During the administration of President Ev Rewunknoz, _[insert negative thing]_ happened, despite the fact that he _[insert actions which decreased the odds of it happening]_."​

and read them both as

[3] "During the administration of President Ev Rewunknoz, _[insert negative thing]_ happened."​

or, more correctly

[4] "During the administration of _[insert name of political party speaker supports]_ President Ev Rewunknoz, _[insert negative thing]_ happened, because of what the _[insert name of political party speaker does not support]_."​

and

[5] "During the administration of _[insert name of political party speaker does not supports]_ President Ev Rewunknoz, _[insert negative thing]_ happened, because the _[insert name of political party speaker does not support]_ is only interested in destroying the country and enriching its financial backers."​

as opposed to

[6] During the administration of _[insert name of political party speaker supports]_ President Ev Rewunknoz, _[insert positive thing]_ happened due to the wisdom and foresight of President Rewunknos and despite everything that the _[insert name of political party speaker does not support]_ could do to stop it."​

and

[7] During the administration of the totally inept _[insert name of political party speaker does not support]_ President Ev Rewunknoz, _[insert positive thing]_ happened despite everything that the _[insert name of political party speaker does not support]_ could do to stop it and it was all due to the wisdom and foresight of the former President whose lawful re-election was stolen from him by the evil and malicious acts of the _[insert name of political party speaker does not support]_."​

What about a cloudy day?
Strawman fallacy, as expected. Biden is at fault because he made promises to deal directly with the virus, and these things were not just done, but even more people died than ever before.

Facts dont lie, but you sure do.

My POTUS told me COVID would one day disappear like a miracle.

My POTUS told me warmed weather would weaken the virus.

My POTUS told me that if we kept the lockdowns in place more people would die by suicide than COVID.

MY POTUS told me masks and social distancing and vaccinations should be totally optional.

My POTUS told me cases were going way down.

My POTUS told me the pandemic was fading away.

My POTUS told me the pandemic was "getting under control."

My POTUS told me that 99% of COVID cases were "totally harmless."

My POTUS told me the US had the lowest "fatality" rate in the world.

MY POTUS told me no one was testing for COVID as much as the US.

My POTUS told me children were "virtually immune" to COVID.

My POTUS told me he stopped all inbound travel from China.

My POTUS told me "powerful light and injected disinfectants" would knock out COVID in a minute.

My POTUS told me the left and the media were overhyping the seriousness of the pandemic to make him look bad.

My POTUS told me he inherited a "broken" system and that's why all of the above proved false.

My POTUS told me the pandemic would go away and we wouldn't need a vaccine.

My POTUS told me states had all the equipment they needed, or didn't really need it at all.

My POTUS said he was a believer in hydroxychloroquine.

My POTUS said he took no responsibility at all.

It isn't surprising there are other deaths, that really aren't from Covid but could still be tied to the pandemic.

Interestingly, these actually were somewhat brought up in the book "The Stand" (not really discussed so much in the movie, although at least one example is shown).

A small chapter discusses collateral deaths from the pandemic they faced, deaths that weren't really from Captain Tripps, but were basically due to the pandemic, like children left without caregivers, with no real ability to care for themselves, attacks on people (no police, no accountability), and even just medical emergencies that could have been easily taken care of if not for the death of so many doctors, healthcare providers.

While obviously not to this extreme, some of these things have happened on a much, much smaller scale. Hospitals overwhelmed by Covid can easily have things that could have otherwise been cared for with a better chance of success now have less chance of success. Cancer diagnoses and treatments get pushed back, whether due to medical facilities or just patients figuring "well this isn't something that is that big of a deal, it can wait til they are less busy", which leads to higher chance of death. And this can apply to any diagnosis or treatment really. I was very glad that I didn't think this way with my son's problem last year, but I can see other people thinking differently, especially if they were in a high infection, high hospitalization area last year or 2020. You add in civil unrest and you are going to see deaths go up.

Then there is also long Covid, which can be causing deaths that we aren't recognizing as being from that due to Covid being out of the system, but the damage done by Covid really is what mainly led to the death months later. This is likely going to take time to research more though.

Biden's America.
Trump supporters are significantly less healthy, more overweight, have more chronic disease, suffer from more drug overdoses, are less productive, and have a significantly shorter life expectancy. That's despite the fact that Trump supporters make more money and have more wealth.

2020 = Pandemic
2021 = Pandemic, inflation, war
2022 = Pandemic, inflation, war

Any chance we can hit "fast forward" to 2030?
Grim thought, but how many posters here are going to be dead in 2030

I know of no statement in which Biden said he would shutdown Covid.

Was your obsession with Trump that all consuming that you never watched your candidate at all? It was one of his favorite chants during the campaign.

Strawman fallacy, as expected. Biden is at fault because he made promises to deal directly with the virus, and these things were not just done, but even more people died than ever before.

Facts dont lie, but you sure do.
Mr. Trump was NOT dealing with the existing strains of COVID-19.

22-04-20 B2a2 - Daily Deaths TRUMP Years GRAPH.JPG

Mr. Biden WAS dealing with the EXISTING strains of COVID-19 - then along came the Omicron variant.

22-04-20 C3 - US NEW CASES per day 7-14-28 GRAPH.JPG

Mr. Biden's administration is now in the process of dealing with that variant.

22-04-20 B2a3 - Daily Deaths BIDEN Years GRAPH.JPG

However, I do wish to express my sorry over the fact that the "Trump Fairy" isn't here to magically whisk away all the nasties for you.

PS - I know that you are much to polite to tell everyone the **T*R*U*T*H** (which is that Mr. Biden is a spawn of Satan and personally developed COVID-19 in order to destroy America by getting every other country in the world to lie about a non-existent disease so that he could steal the 2020 election) and I commend you on your restraint.

Trump supporters are significantly less healthy, more overweight, have more chronic disease, suffer from more drug overdoses, are less productive, and have a significantly shorter life expectancy. That's despite the fact that Trump supporters make more money and have more wealth.

TDS whatabboutism as usual. Is the orange man hiding under your bed again?

Mr. Trump was NOT dealing with the existing strains of COVID-19.

Mr. Biden WAS dealing with the EXISTING strains of COVID-19 - then along came the Omicron variant.

Mr. Biden's administration is now in the process of dealing with that variant.

However, I do wish to express my sorry over the fact that the "Trump Fairy" isn't here to magically whisk away all the nasties for you.

PS - I know that you are much to polite to tell everyone the **T*R*U*T*H** (which is that Mr. Biden is a spawn of Satan and personally developed COVID-19 in order to destroy America by getting every other country in the world to lie about a non-existent disease so that he could steal the 2020 election) and I commend you on your restraint.
So what? Biden made a promise and he lied. What part of of that do you not understand? Putting Trump up as your excuse is moronic, for obvious reasons.

TDS whatabboutism as usual. Is the orange man hiding under your bed again?

So what? Biden made a promise and he lied. What part of of that do you not understand? Putting Trump up as your excuse is moronic, for obvious reasons.
There's not a lot you can do for people who make bad decisions just to "own the libs". People in communities that voted for Biden are healthy and getting healthier. People in trump communities are sick and getting sicker. At some point people need to take individual responsibility for their own life decisions and not blame the government for their bad decisions.

F3.large.jpg

Last edited:
I can only repeat my previous "I know that you are much to polite to tell everyone the **T*R*U*T*H** (which is that Mr. Biden is a spawn of Satan and personally developed COVID-19 in order to destroy America by getting every other country in the world to lie about a non-existent disease so that he could steal the 2020 election) and I commend you on your restraint.".

Holy shit, a lot of people died on Biden's watch.

Who's the POTUS right now? I'll give you a hint: its not the orange man no matter who much you wish it so.
Who was POTUS before Biden? No deaths on his watch, right? Or are you going to argue that fewer deaths during Trump's 'presidency' represents some twisted idea of a 'victory' for you?

Back
Top Bottom