• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2021 NCAA Basketball March Madness

Ya duke and Kentucky are really Bragging how many final 4s they make!

It is about the championships.

Heck, I brag about my daughter leading her college sport team to the sweet 16. Gonzaga fans have every reason to brag about their amazing accomplishments.
That said, they have been at the top of the mountain a long time, a championship is required for the notoriety they have receive. IMHO.

As to Duke, they have 5, I believe, National Championships in basketball. Apples and rutabagas.

Well that went the wrong direction. This is over.

Zags choked. The game is over.
We saw the signs on Saturday. No way should UCLA have been anywhere near forcing overtime.

Congratulations to the Baylor Program and Baylor fans! Baylor dominated all the important categories tonight.

86 - 70

Even with this loss, the Zags completed an impressive season! IMO, they peaked in beating UCLA. They needed another few days to recover to make the final a seriously competitive game.

I had a dismal bracket, but the picking three of the Final Four, both of the finalists and the national champion makes it look a lot better, though not quite the 0.1%.

I was saying that Baylor's defense could take over the game. It certainly took over the first five minutes. But, the real story was rebounding. Baylor had a jaw-dropping 14-1 edge in offensive rebounds. Indeed, Gonzaga had only 17 rebounds total. Add an edge in assists, steals and blocks and you get a blowout.

Truthfully, I don't think Gonzaga had any idea what they would be up against. They played only four top 25 teams all year and none since December. Baylor had four top 25 teams in conference play, twice each.

Congratulations to the Baylor Program and Baylor fans! Baylor dominated all the important categories tonight.

86 - 70

Even with this loss, the Zags completed an impressive season! IMO, they peaked in beating UCLA. They needed another few days to recover to make the final a seriously competitive game.
I'd love to know what happened to the Zags. The last two games were so far out of character for this current team it almost raises suspicions. Up until Saturday, they were blowing teams out by 15-20 points.

Not saying they tanked...but I am not not saying it either. Maybe something blew up in the locker room. Maybe they got tired. IMO, they quit hustling. Why?

I'd love to know what happened to the Zags. The last two games were so far out of character for this current team it almost raises suspicions. Up until Saturday, they were blowing teams out by 15-20 points.

Not saying they tanked...but I am not not saying it either. Maybe something blew up in the locker room. Maybe they got tired. IMO, they quit hustling. Why?

They choke in big games. That's what happens when the biggest competition in your conference are Santa Clara and Saint Mary.

All year long they play in a weak conference and that finally caught to them?

My take: in terms of conference and level of opponents, the Zags play in a 'B' League. Stepping up to play back to back 'A' League talent burned the Zags out.

As an Ohio State football fan, I am used to seeing that.
I think the scare UCLA gave gave the Zags put some doubt in the back of their minds.. Zags knew they were stepping up in class.. Ucla was a play in team, right? And they almost beat them... UCLA wasn't even 1 of the better teams in the PAC-8 OR PAC-10,whatever the hell it is now..

I'd love to know what happened to the Zags. The last two games were so far out of character for this current team it almost raises suspicions. Up until Saturday, they were blowing teams out by 15-20 points. Not saying they tanked...but I am not not saying it either. Maybe something blew up in the locker room. Maybe they got tired. IMO, they quit hustling. Why?
Look at Gonzaga's games. They blow out a 16 seed. Oklahoma is a decent team, but not as good as the #2 team in the WCAC. Creighton was a better team, but not playing very well. Gonzaga beat both by double digits, but did not run them off the court. The impressive win was against USC, who was not as good as Creighton
but who had just humiliated Kansas. Maybe USC had a letdown, but Gonzaga destroyed them.

Against UCLA they ran into a combination of things--tenacity, team defense, and a hot shooter. The fact that UCLA's defense gave Gonzaga trouble is a sign for the finals. Here are the rankings of the five teams, in order--16, 8, 5, 6, 11. for comparison, Baylor played--16, 8, 5, 3, 2. Not only was the league soft for Gonzaga, so was the tournament.

Baylor was on a roll. Looking at the scores, no one tested Baylor either, but they were better teams. The closest anyone came was 9 points, Arkansas in the regional finals. Both of the Sweet 16 games were closer than either of the Final Four games. In the finals, Baylor matched Gonzaga's greater offensive firepower with 3-pt shooting and won the game with turnovers and on the glass. The rebounding was 38-22, with the offensive boards 14-1.

Really, it was not the blowout it appears, just the first 6-7 minutes. At the first commercial time out, 12:55, the score was 23-9. Baylor had hit their first five 3-pts and generated six turnovers. From that point on it was about equal. Gonzaga's defense tightened up and they started working the big men into the offense. Baylor would have a rebounding edge all night. Suggs had a big game, offset by Baylor's bench. After Baylor's early spurt, the rest of the game it was back and forth, winding up within two points of the same place.

I would like to take this moment to reiterate that having conference champions in the four playin games is horse shit.

With that said, let the games begin.
A new season is upon us. Time for a new OP on NCAAB.

Not seeing anyone pick up the 🏀 and start a new thread for NCAA basketball 🏀.

Back
Top Bottom