• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2020 Presidential Election night discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you see someone claim they were tabulators? Maybe they were. I read someplace they were last used in the primaries, and found they weren't reliable.

I made one possible assumption and conclusion based on what scant evidence I had seen in the conversation.

What i did pick up in sourcing the story is that they were obsolete touch screen machines that had been used for nearly 20 years and were replaced recently and as thus were being transported to a State facility for storage for an undetermined amount of time rather than having been put on the recycle destruction block because of a pending lawsuit regarding the operations of that particular type of machine.

The three found there on the roadside, investigation ongoing, were supposedly part of a haul going to storage that would have filled 7 semi trailers. How those three were separated from the rest and were placed, intentionally or accidentally, at that location will be interesting to discover.

The machines were as I said touch screen models but before being sent to the warehousing supposedly all of them had their memory cards removed and kept on hand by election authorities.

Just pointing out hypocrisy.

It's not hypocrisy because the two situations are not comparable.

Putting aside the dishonesty of LoP's false comparison, the guy just does not seem to realize that the proposition that Trump is attempting to do something wrong is logically necessary to his attempt to both-sides it.

Yes, I see it very unlikely that any of this legal maneuvering by team Trump will change that.

What will you say if they do pull a rabbit out of their hat, and team Trump wins?

Face it. It isn't over. The outcome will likely not change, but it isn't over. So, why concede?

Let's see if you and I can agree on what Trump needs to turn this around.

In my opinion, for there to be even the slightest chance of a change, you need three things from the lawsuits:
1) It has to have some actual merit to it, for there to be a chance of the argument being accepted at all
2) It has to be over an issue that actually changes the electoral outcome for a state
3) You have to have the above two things in more than one state because Trump needs to "flip" multiple states at this point to get enough electoral votes.

Would you agree that this is the general standard of what team Trump needs?

I see you bringing up irrelevant things, like normal.
Why is it irrrlevant?

Your batshit crazy speculation is that somehow they were dumped and involved in some conspiracy to flip votes to Biden.

An equally batshit crazy theory that they were used to flipvotes into Perdue is equivalently relevant.

Putting aside the dishonesty of LoP's false comparison, the guy just does not seem to realize that the proposition that Trump is attempting to do something wrong is logically necessary to his attempt to both-sides it.
My comparison was to show Gore hadn't conceded by this time yet. Are you claiming I am dishonest in that the supreme court said they were violating Florida law? What dishonesty are you claiming? Are you using some liberal code-speak that us clear minded people aren't indoctrinated to?

Team Gore had election officials disregarding the law in Florida for him, with the help of the Florida courts, until the Supreme court stopped it. Is anyone disregarding the Law for team Trump?

Please elaborate on my dishonesty. This should be good!

Let's see if you and I can agree on what Trump needs to turn this around.

In my opinion, for there to be even the slightest chance of a change, you need three things from the lawsuits:
1) It has to have some actual merit to it, for there to be a chance of the argument being accepted at all
2) It has to be over an issue that actually changes the electoral outcome for a state
3) You have to have the above two things in more than one state because Trump needs to "flip" multiple states at this point to get enough electoral votes.

Would you agree that this is the general standard of what team Trump needs?
I'm not attempting to analyze how they will find the needle in the haystack. Have you not seen me say ever time, I don't think team Trumps attempt will work, can you not see that from my posts? I accept that Biden is almost certainly the president come January.

But...

What if they do find that needle in the haystack? The odds are probably like winning the lottery, but people do win lotteries.

Why is it irrrlevant?

Your batshit crazy speculation is that somehow they were dumped and involved in some conspiracy to flip votes to Biden.

An equally batshit crazy theory that they were used to flipvotes into Perdue is equivalently relevant.
You are wrong. I had effectively stated that something illegal did happen here, and likely a plan to commit election fraud in my opinion. I never stated it as a fact.

Is English your second language? You sure seem to fail with so many words.

I'm not attempting to analyze how they will find the needle in the haystack. Have you not seen me say ever time, I don't think team Trumps attempt will work, can you not see that from my posts? I accept that Biden is almost certainly the president come January.

But...

What if they do find that needle in the haystack? The odds are probably like winning the lottery, but people do win lotteries.

I'm getting towards that. I identified criteria that the "needle" necessarily must fit or else it doesn't actually result in a "lottery win." To use the ridiculous example, Trump could sue in court over a single ballot being miscounted in California. Doesn't matter how valid the case is, it doesn't make him win the election. You need to hit those three points or else the outcome just doesn't change.

Here's the thing:

There are no pending cases or combination of cases that fit all three criteria I identified.

So, your "needle" has to be some case with massive support in unassailable evidence that somehow nobody knows about and inexplicably has not been presented to a court.

You're asking me to believe there's a chance that Trump's people have been sitting on proof of the biggest crime in American history and are... what, hiding it from us? Come on.

You are wrong. I had effectively stated that something illegal did happen here, and likely a plan to commit election fraud in my opinion. I never stated it as a fact.

It's far more likely to be not remotely motivated by influencing an election.

It’s a needle in a haystack.

Just not the needle you want to find.

That doesn’t mean it’s not just as real as your Holy Grail needle.

Its over. Its BEEN over. But now its official:

(CNN)The Michigan State Board of Canvassers voted Monday to certify the state's election results, formally granting President-elect Joe Biden the state's 16 electoral votes.
The certification all but erases President Donald Trump's pathway to try to overturn the election results through legal challenges that have been dismissed in key states.

The jackass seems to be conceding:

(“CNN)The General Services Administration has informed President-elect Joe Biden that the Trump administration is ready to begin the formal transition process, according to a letter from Administrator Emily Murphy sent Monday afternoon and obtained by CNN.“

Long overdue

Trump team asks for expedited review of a case... and misses the deadline to actually file their brief.

It is shocking just how consistently incompetent a team of lawyers can be when they work for Trump.

Trump spent 3 and a half years setting up judges he thought would help him lie his way to another victory, and has become undone because of his complete inability to use them. He is paying Giuliani thousands. Thousands a day. The grifter in chief is a victim of grifters, while still grifting his followers.

The Heritage foundation and their list just could not give him a victory.

Womp.

Womp.

Its over.
The jackass is acting like a spoiled two year old and that’s going to continue.

Now its time to move on and see what Biden can do-especially what actions he takes to control the pandemic.

Last Dance for the con man. Watching Rudy "Puddles" Giuliani publicly embarrass himself was an image that spoke well for this whole tantrum.

Karma.jpg

Under pressure, Trump appointee Emily Murphy approves transition in unusually personal letter to Biden

After 16 days teetering between her duty to President Trump and the methodically unfolding reality that Joe Biden won the election, Emily Murphy declared the Democrat the apparent victor Monday in an unusually personal letter to him.

Day after day, as her boss tried to subvert the election results with fraud claims and legal challenges, the embattled head of the General Services Administration held off on making what is usually a routine call after a presidential election. The administrator declares the apparent winner, and transition resources flow.
This would be different. Murphy, a by-the-book expert in federal procurement policy, consulted with her senior staff and her attorneys. The transition law dating to 1963 that was supposed to guide her in determining when a candidate has won had little to offer in the current case, with a president refusing to concede and a Republican Party standing by him.
=======================================================
Not sorry your guy lost. Trump had to go.

Trump touts Dow hitting 30K, congratulates administration staffers in brief appearance

President Trump gave a roughly one-minute news briefing Tuesday afternoon, touting the Dow Jones Industrial Average topping 30,000 and offering congratulations to his administration staffers.

I’m very thrilled with what's happened on the vaccine front, that's been absolutely incredible. Nothing like that has ever happened medically, and I think people are acknowledging that,” Trump began, after announcing the briefing only moments before.

“It's having a big effect. The stock market's just broken 30,000, never been broken, that number. That's a sacred number, 30,000, and nobody thought they'd ever see it.”
====================================================================

He praised his staff on the new Pfizer vaccine, which had no Government involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom