• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2020 Presidential Election night discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A word of warning: Do not pay attention to incomplete results this election. WIth mail in voting, early voting, and record numbers of people voting, until the total votes counted approaches 100%, the numbers the networks are presenting are basically meaningless.

This is NEVER true. Except for one newspaper messing up in 1948, the presidential race has always been called correctly before Wednesday morning. (I am aware of the butterfly ballot fiasco in 2000, but they originally called George Bush.)

haha - Fox shows early voting for Trump and CNN shows Biden.

Miami-Dade County is a problem for Biden.

Fox claims they aren't ready to call Indiana for Trump yet.
I am flipping back and forth between MSNBC, FOX, and CNN, not even sure which it was that called it.

its because the big democrat areas have not come in yet. Neither party bothered with Va, figuring its now deep blue. Lots of liberals have moved into the areas around DC in the last ten years.

IMO no one should be calling ANYTHING this early with so few votes counted. That was also the problem back in 2016.

Miami-Dade County is a problem for Biden.
However they're having a problem with counting mail-in ballots which is why the vote count so so low so far in Miami-Dade.

This is NEVER true. Except for one newspaper messing up in 1948, the presidential race has always been called correctly before Wednesday morning. (I am aware of the butterfly ballot fiasco in 2000, but they originally called George Bush.)
That has nothing to do with what I said. I was referring to partial results presented by networks.

We should have a good idea by midnight.

I am flipping back and forth between MSNBC, FOX, and CNN, not even sure which it was that called it.
The web is far better. 538 has live tallies. CNN, Twitter, google, you name it. All of them give you up to date info without some moronic talking head boring the shit out of you.

As I said in the other thread that just closed, I've got you guys, some killer marijuana concentrate, my yogurt and granola, and getting ready to log on to our election watch zoom party.

I'm ready to watch this circus!

Some states count mail in voting first
And others count them last, so it’s quite the mix. From what little I’ve watched of CNN, they’re pretty adamant about stressing how wild these things can swing due to the sharp divide on early voting by party.

The web is far better. 538 has live tallies. CNN, Twitter, google, you name it. All of them give you up to date info without some moronic talking head boring the shit out of you.
538 is really good, except I can't multitask this thread and the 4 other tabs I have open real well.

Bret Bauer on Fox just explained that the early vote total for most states will favor Biden, since polls have literally just closed, and the early votes are the first counted.

Almost half of FL reporting and the gap is roughly 40k to Trump, amazing. This may make the night for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom