• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2020 Presidential Election night discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I just googled it.
It's ok, found here.
260,126 spread. Very close to what I've been expecting (see last night post). Still a million or so counts left, strongly democratic. I'm expecting 52% Biden 48% Trump or better, when all said and done.
Suddenly all those polling electoral map scenarios starting to look prescient.

Dude, we did not win Texas. getting real close, in 2 years the Gov and Lt Gov have a Problem.

That said, we got rid of the Trash living in out Whitehouse, hopefully they will be moved out in time to fumigate and disinfect the place before the Biden's move in.

Much as Trump did in 2016, Biden is currently on pace to carry all three of MI/PA/WI by margins that are narrow, but wide enough to be outside the range of what a recount would plausibly overturn.

88% of the vote in PA has been counted. Trump leads with just under 200,000 votes, but nearly 80% of absentee ballots have been for Biden.

Last edited:
Ok if you dont realize that the democrats will have to raise taxes if they want to pass a lot of the programs that they want then I guess we are done
Biden does not plan to raise taxes on the middle class, only on corporations and individuals with incomes over 400k. Republicans have ALREADY voted and Trump has SIGNED a tax bill that will RAISE taxes on the middle class in 2021 early in his term. Without the Senate, Biden may not be able to undo that.

Looks like we have to wait a day, but Hey, Savor The Moment!
Yes, exactly what I thought when I checked the news this morning: every hour is a good hour when Trump has not been declared the winner. Considering how badly everyone screwed up their predictions for this election, though, I refuse to have anymore hope than a decrease in queasiness. Last night was awful.

It seems like Joe has won but I'm not at ease until it's confirmed. Mail-in ballots from Democratic areas are almost certainly for Joe. His lead will almost certainly increase.

*sigh* bug I want confirmation.
Going to be hard to contest if he gets a few more key states. Wonder if Trump will concede if he gets Arizona, Nevada, and Pennsylvania.

Ok if you dont realize that the democrats will have to raise taxes if they want to pass a lot of the programs that they want then I guess we are done

Why do they need to raise taxes to pay for programs? Trump printed money at will, why do Democrats have to live by a different standard?

Going to be hard to contest if he gets a few more key states. Wonder if Trump will concede if he gets Arizona, Nevada, and Pennsylvania.

He'll be the first president not to concede ever.

Why do they need to raise taxes to pay for programs? Trump printed money at will, why do Democrats have to live by a different standard?
New programs would be ongoing and would need to be funded

From what I can see, Biden has to win Nevada. What is the holdup over there, do you know?

The time difference. Nevada is in the Pacific Time Zone, so polls closed at 11:00.

Biden loses Nevada he is toasted.

I'm ready to call it.

IMO Biden and Harris will win the election
. I'm sad to say this, but I am a realist.

It was the mail-in ballots that turned the tide. Just like the Democrats expected they would.

Without them, Trump would have taken the key States of Wisconsin and Michigan; and I expect him to lose Pennsylvania when that batch of mail-in ballots is eventually counted.

After all, that State's Attorney General declared Trump would not win in PA...and he controls the vote counting. 🤷‍♂️

I could list all sorts of reasons to disparage the process with multiple faults, but that is water under the bridge.

The only real light is that the Republicans appear to be retaining control over the Senate, at least for the next few years.

Hopefully the next election will swing the other way when people see the kind of undermining and damage Harris, Pelosi, and the AOC "crew" try to pull.

Oh, and look for the DOJ to change it's tune on Flynn...poor guy is doomed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom