• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2020 Political Mailers

PoliSciPulse

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
What's the most creative political mailer that you received during the 2020 election? You don't even have to agree with the message.

Here's mine: I got a mailer from the David Purdue (R-GA) that was a hologram. Turn it one way, you got one message, adjust your vision, there was another message. Even though I didn't like Purdue, he got extra points for creativity/out of the ordinary.

If you didn't get any political mailers, then what's the most creative ad on TV you saw?

I don't know. If an ad is creative enough that I like it does not make me buy-in to what they're selling. Do creative pol ads get more people to vote that way? What pol ads have made people make a decision other than they would have?

I don't believe any one mailer could have that impact. It's the massive numbers that are presented in general without any documentation.

It is in my notion that all political messages should pass the truth in advertising measure before being allowed presentation by any means.

Why do voters believe any political ad is true? Since 1980 as lies aka misinformation became routine political tools.

Which is why campaign spending needs rigid management across the board!!!!!!

I will most always seek out information regarding any campaign literature that invades my privacy.

I don't know. If an ad is creative enough that I like it does not make me buy-in to what they're selling. Do creative pol ads get more people to vote that way? What pol ads have made people make a decision other than they would have?
The only way an ad changes a voter's mind is if they knew absolutely nothing about either candidate.
I will tell you the constant attacks on Raphael Warnock as to his religious nature did sour my opinion of Warnock, but did not make me vote the other way.

The only way an ad changes a voter's mind is if they knew absolutely nothing about either candidate.
I will tell you the constant attacks on Raphael Warnock as to his religious nature did sour my opinion of Warnock, but did not make me vote the other way.

Then they were not of any mind to change and thus did not "change" their mind but rather established an original position.

Back
Top Bottom