• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2020 Debates--First debate,

Last night everyone saw why Trump folks don’t want fact checking.

Fact checking after the fact is fine, but you don't allow any one source to do so live during the debate for just the reason I've stated.

Fact checking after the fact is fine, but you don't allow any one source to do so live during the debate for just the reason I've stated.

If Trump says “I protected all pre existing conditions” that is a fact that can be checked. It is not open to interpretation. It’s open to SPIN, if that’s what you’re complaining Trupm won’t be able to do.

If Trump says “I protected all pre existing conditions” that is a fact that can be checked. It is not open to interpretation. It’s open to SPIN, if that’s what you’re complaining Trupm won’t be able to do.

Again, fact checking what either candidate says after the debate is over is perfectly fine... You don't do it live because that allows one person to dictate absolute truth to the public, when we already know that fact checkers can be just as flawed and incorrect as the false statements they rule on.

Again, fact checking what either candidate says after the debate is over is perfectly fine... You don't do it live because that allows one person to dictate absolute truth to the public, when we already know that fact checking websites can be just as flawed and incorrect as the false statements they rule on.

I think checking facts during the debate allows the public to know if the candidate is saying something truthful, and if he isn’t, he should have to explain.

A fact checker can quickly verify if Joe Biden disagreed with Trump’s call for a ban on incoming infected from China, for example. They can look at public statements and see if he said the words “I oppose this ban.”

Easy peasy.

I think checking facts during the debate allows the public to know if the candidate is saying something truthful, and if he isn’t, he should have to explain.

A fact checker can quickly verify if Joe Biden disagreed with Trump’s call for a ban on incoming infected from China, for example. They can look at public statements and see if he said the words “I oppose this ban.”

Easy peasy.

Sorry, I disagree... Find me one fact checking website that has been absolutely correct every single time, then I might consider it.

:lulz:

That's one word for it. Harris vs Pence is going to be HILARIOUS.

Off the cuff Harris would destroy him but Pence debate team preps well. He's going to have a couple zingers in his hip pocket to try and put her on the defensive.

Yes, the VP debate should be really interesting.

We know that Ms. Harris can be nasty.

We also know that Mr. Pence usually keeps his cool.

It won't change any minds, but it will be entertaining.

The first (and probably only) presidential debate will be very sad.

Mr. Biden is simply not mentally or physically up to debating. It is not his fault. No one asks to become mentally or physically frail.

I hope that Mr. Trump does not savage him too much. He should show some compassion, which might win him a few votes from Independents.

(I notice that some Dems are already trying to lay the groundwork for canceling the debates by claiming that presidential debates are no longer necessary every four years.)

Biden will pound trump in the debates and the cultits will blame in on performance enhancing drugs.

Sorry, I disagree... Find me one fact checking website that has been absolutely correct every single time, then I might consider it.

So you demand a 100% success rate from everyone other than Trump?

So it's OK by you that Politifact, a fact checking website, uses spin in incorrect phrasing to give a false impression to their readers...

LMAO... Lovely.

That backs up exactly why I don't support live fact checking during a presidential debate.

Please don't pretend that you are influenced by facts. We witnessed Trump telling the world that the virus was a Democratic hoax in order to make him look bad; telling us that young people can't catch the virus.; telling us that we had 15 cases that will be zero in a week, at the same time telling Woodward, on tape, that the virus was very serious and deadly and admitting that the virus does affect young people. Those are indisputable facts. Yet, they don't budge your support of this habitual liar who jeopardized the public health.

A “website” would not be sitting on stage. A fact checker(s) would. Checking lies only after they’ve already circulated is exactly what the lying side insists is fair.

Again, fact checking what either candidate says after the debate is over is perfectly fine... You don't do it live because that allows one person to dictate absolute truth to the public, when we already know that fact checkers can be just as flawed and incorrect as the false statements they rule on.

Incorrect. Fact checking after the debate serves the purposes of the candidate that requires lying and obfuscation because Trump knows he cannot answer a single question with anything that resembles anything the rest of us know as “reality.”

What Biden means by instant fact checking is having his tele-prompter turned on so he can read from it, because he can't remember a thing. I'm still on the side of the democarts will find a way to stop the debates.

Biden is preparing for the debates...Trump is not.

I think Trump showed his cards during the ABC townhall which gave Biden all the ammo he needs to destroy him during the debate.

No, the democrats aren't going to try to stop the debates...but I wouldn't be surprised if Trump did because he's done it before.

Last edited:
Biden is preparing for the debate...Trump is not.

I think Trump showed his cards during the ABC townhall which gave Biden all the ammo he needs to destroy him during the debate.

No, the democrats aren't going to try and stop the debates...but I wouldn't be surprised if Trump tried to since he's done it before.

Many people are saying once Trump ****s himself in the first debate, he’s gonna back out of the rest.

Many people are saying once Trump ****s himself in the first debate, he’s gonna back out of the rest.

Then he better wear his Depends...that's all I can say. lol

So you demand a 100% success rate from everyone other than Trump?

Not at all... But if you want a debate to be fact checked live, then they better damned well be flawless because their rulings will be taken that way by the American people watching.

Off the cuff Harris would destroy him but Pence debate team preps well. He's going to have a couple zingers in his hip pocket to try and put her on the defensive.
Other than the fact that Harris is a trial attorney, I see no reason to expect this. Her positions are difficult to defend rationally.

Biden will pound trump in the debates and the cultits will blame in on performance enhancing drugs.
Only the cult thinks Biden will win a debate.

Please don't pretend that you are influenced by facts.
The irony.

We witnessed Trump telling the world that the virus was a Democratic hoax in order to make him look bad; telling us that young people can't catch the virus.; telling us that we had 15 cases that will be zero in a week, at the same time telling Woodward, on tape, that the virus was very serious and deadly and admitting that the virus does affect young people. Those are indisputable facts. Yet, they don't budge your support of this habitual liar who jeopardized the public health.
This from someone that claims to follow facts. Sorry, only alternate facts from Bizarro world.

Incorrect. Fact checking after the debate serves the purposes of the candidate that requires lying and obfuscation because Trump knows he cannot answer a single question with anything that resembles anything the rest of us know as “reality.”
Fact checking during a debate is distracting. After is much better.

Biden is preparing for the debates...Trump is not.
Source?

I think Trump showed his cards during the ABC townhall which gave Biden all the ammo he needs to destroy him during the debate. No, the democrats aren't going to try to stop the debates...but I wouldn't be surprised if Trump did because he's done it before.
Biden's handlers can prepare statements. it remains to be seen if Biden can deliver them.

Only the cult says that about Trump. People outside the echo chamber think Biden has real problems. He could easily come off looking foolish by reciting the wrong line.

Now just over a week away, we have a major event which could easily impact the debate--The Supreme Court vacancy.

Back
Top Bottom