• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2019 set to be warmer than 2018

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
NASA has just posted a projection of the 2019 global temp, and it looks like it’s gonna be another hot one!

a3654de72fcf5aeb0ac5ea98f2209cb4.jpg

The graphic was posted by Gavin Schmidt, Head of NASA GISS, and as you can see, they’ve had a fairly good track record of projections in the past.

Twitter

That’s:
...1.2±0.15 ºC above the late 19th C. A warmer yr than 2018 (which will #4), almost certain >1ºC yr, and 1 in 3 chance of a new record.

NASA has just posted a projection of the 2019 global temp, and it looks like it’s gonna be another hot one!

a3654de72fcf5aeb0ac5ea98f2209cb4.jpg

The graphic was posted by Gavin Schmidt, Head of NASA GISS, and as you can see, they’ve had a fairly good track record of projections in the past.

Twitter

That’s:
...1.2±0.15 ºC above the late 19th C. A warmer yr than 2018 (which will #4), almost certain >1ºC yr, and 1 in 3 chance of a new record.

Speaking of NASA GISS:

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[h=1]Long Term Temperature Records Contradict GISS Temperature Record[/h][FONT=&quot]I think I see some issues with this, but I had some preliminary vetting done to clear it for posting. Would love to see Mosh’s take~ctm By Mark Fife, I have been convinced for a long time there is something wrong with the theory of global warming. My initial response was based upon two factors.…
Continue reading →
[/FONT]

We shall see. An El Nino year here and there can pause the ongoing cooling, but it can't stop it. This looks like wishful thinking.

As I said, the track record is excellent.

f2efceefc4fb8d197ed413a74827f01d.jpg

That shows that since 2000 the actuals have tracked way below the projections ,especially if you take the outlier El Nino 2015-2016 numbers out. Why'd you post this?
LAFF

That shows that since 2000 the actuals have tracked way below the projections ,especially if you take the outlier El Nino 2015-2016 numbers out. Why'd you post this?
LAFF

Crack analysis.

But.

You probably want to keep your day job.

LAFFRIOT

20 warmest years on record are in the last 22, and the last four were the warmest of those. I would say the odds are with the OP.

20 warmest years on record are in the last 22, and the last four were the warmest of those. I would say the odds are with the OP.

idn't that kewt...Kinda like Schmidt telling Mann how great his work is.
LAFFRIOT

Still way below models though.

I certainly hope it’ll be warmer. This year it barely got hot, and now it’s close to freezing. In the hill country I betcha they get 5 inches of snow 4 times this season. And Waller will get one of those.

I certainly hope it’ll be warmer. This year it barely got hot, and now it’s close to freezing. In the hill country I betcha they get 5 inches of snow 4 times this season. And Waller will get one of those.
Me too! Still waiting for that promised warming. Algore missed big time!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Me too! Still waiting for that promised warming. Algore missed big time!

I know science is hard for some, but Gore doesn’t make climate models.

I could post some data showing how the climate models have been accurate in the long term, but I’m guessing you won’t grasp it too well.

Do you happen to live in Australia, by any chance? The entire northern hemisphere got hit with a massive and prolonged heat wave.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...here-uk-algeria-canada-sweden-whats-the-cause

Temperature records around the world were smashed, all summer long:
https://www.axios.com/heat-records-...map-f82a017b-4383-43d0-ae52-42517138b108.html

Do you happen to live in Australia, by any chance? The entire northern hemisphere got hit with a massive and prolonged heat wave.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...here-uk-algeria-canada-sweden-whats-the-cause

Temperature records around the world were smashed, all summer long:
https://www.axios.com/heat-records-...map-f82a017b-4383-43d0-ae52-42517138b108.html
im ready to buy coal at 113 per ton and burn it in the fire pit if that’s what it’ll take to warm up this planet. Hell. Let’s set some forests alight too. Maybe hit the Serbians and Japanese with atomic weapons while we are at it. The place needs to warm up by an average of 5 degrees F at least.

im ready to buy coal at 113 per ton and burn it in the fire pit if that’s what it’ll take to warm up this planet. Hell. Let’s set some forests alight too. Maybe hit the Serbians and Japanese with atomic weapons while we are at it. The place needs to warm up by an average of 5 degrees F at least.
Maybe you should just buy a puffer jacket.

I know science is hard for some, but Gore doesn’t make climate models.

I could post some data showing how the climate models have been accurate in the long term, but I’m guessing you won’t grasp it too well.
Data: garbage in garbage out. Man cannot control the weather. "Scientists" cannot control for all the variables and the Dogma prohibits dissent or peer review.

Plowed 5" plus of global warming 3 times so far. Ice on all our lakes and ponds. Could be worse though, a few thousand years ago there was a mile of ice over my land. Pretty sure that would be more than a match for a Fisher Xtreme V.

Just packed some shorts and sandals.....going somewhere tropical for a few weeks. Hope the island is still there.

Data: garbage in garbage out. Man cannot control the weather. "Scientists" cannot control for all the variables and the Dogma prohibits dissent or peer review.

Plowed 5" plus of global warming 3 times so far. Ice on all our lakes and ponds. Could be worse though, a few thousand years ago there was a mile of ice over my land. Pretty sure that would be more than a match for a Fisher Xtreme V.

Just packed some shorts and sandals.....going somewhere tropical for a few weeks. Hope the island is still there.

Yeah.

I knew it would be too complicated for you.

Outside cold!

Warming not happen!

Grrr!

Yeah.

I knew it would be too complicated for you.

Outside cold!

Warming not happen!

Grrr!
Yep.....too complicated! If I only had faith I'd be compliant.

2016>2017>2018> . . . .
We shall see.

https://viralglobalnews.org/global-temperatures-in-2018-are-set-to-be-the-fourth-highest-on-record/

The UN agency said in its provisional report that ‘the past four years – 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 – are also the four warmest years in the series’.
Figures released by the WMO showed that the planet was nearly 1C above pre-industrial levels for the first ten months of this year.

The temperature for 2018 was recorded from five independent data sets.

If these trends continue temperatures could rise by as much as 3.5C by 2100, researchers warn.

https://viralglobalnews.org/global-temperatures-in-2018-are-set-to-be-the-fourth-highest-on-record/

The UN agency said in its provisional report that ‘the past four years – 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 – are also the four warmest years in the series’.
Figures released by the WMO showed that the planet was nearly 1C above pre-industrial levels for the first ten months of this year.

If these trends continue temperatures could rise by as much as 3.5C by 2100, researchers warn.

Nice. Another partisan media source, instead f quotes from peer reviewed papers.

The you have the audacity to complain about Watts Up With That.

You are really some hypocrite... A real piece of work...

Just alarmist BS.

Back
Top Bottom