• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"2019 is so woke that you don't have to be white to be guilty of 'white privilege'"

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
In a debate with CNN analyst Areva Martin on his radio show about what makes some people qualified for certain jobs over others, [David] Webb said as a general rule when applying for jobs he cares more about his work-related expertise and experience, not skin color. Martin responded archly with, "Well, David, that's a whole long conversation about white privilege..." Webb then told her that he's black. :lamo

https://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn...r-white-privilege-webb-informs-her-hes-black/

Audio clip available at the link.

In a debate with CNN analyst Areva Martin on his radio show about what makes some people qualified for certain jobs over others, [David] Webb said as a general rule when applying for jobs he cares more about his work-related expertise and experience, not skin color. Martin responded archly with, "Well, David, that's a whole long conversation about white privilege..." Webb then told her that he's black. :lamo

https://www.mediaite.com/online/cnn...r-white-privilege-webb-informs-her-hes-black/

One would think that a CNN legal analyst would know her subject before inserting foot in mouth. :lol:

Sigh... this is a classic example of why this issue is going nowhere.

He'll be getting his reparations bill shortly as well.

To be fair...she DID apologize and retracted what she said. But yeah...she stepped in it big time. Not surprise really though. I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often with the amount that the words "white privilege" and "racist" etc etc are thrown around. Identity politics needs to be burned and buried.

I've seen Webb a couple of times on the TV. Seems pretty level headed, and this comes through in the audio, if you ask me.

Who doesn't? Martin doesn't.

When I joined this Forum I chose not to "broadcast my race." I did not think it pertinent in an anonymous political debate forum, preferring other's simply address my views and not my "identity."

No problem for the years prior to Trump's election.

After that however, several "woke" members assumed I was "White" because of my opinions on certain topics and my support for the President I voted for.

A couple called me out for my "White privilege speaking" just like your OP example; compelling me to finally point out I too was a Black American.

That's given most pause, but recently I was accused of "White Supremacism" by one of those same "woke" members, themselves self-identified as "White."

It's as if they can't believe anyone who isn't White can have views that are different from their own. :wassat1:

Last edited:
One would think that a CNN legal analyst would know her subject before inserting foot in mouth. :lol:
I think CNN appoints a person as a "legal analyst" if he's read a John Grisham book.

Last edited:
I think CNN appoint a person as a "legal analyst" if he's read a John Grisham book.

Or read every other chapter and thought they knew the ending, em, much like this CNN person. :lamo

I think CNN appoint a person as a "legal analyst" if he's read a John Grisham book.

Throw in a couple Tom Clancy novels and they'll be vying for a permanent anchor chair.

When I joined this Forum I chose not to "broadcast my race." I did not think it pertinent in an anonymous political debate forum, preferring other's simply address my views and not my "identity."

After that however, several "woke" members assumed I was "White" because of my opinions on certain topics and my support for the President I voted for.

A couple called me out for my "White privilege speaking" just like your OP example; compelling me to finally point out I too was a Black American.

That's given most pause, but recently I was accused of "White Supremacism" by one of those same "woke" members, themselves self-identified as "White."

It's as if they can't believe anyone who isn't White can have views that are different from their own. :wassat1:

They don't apologize either when called out as wrong...

I've witnessed the same thing on this forum. I'm a racist, dontcha' know?
How would they know what race any of us are unless we posted a picture of ourselves or mentioned our race?

Last edited:
Throw in a couple Tom Clancy novels and they'll be vying for a permanent anchor chair.
Or at least a military analyst.

The funny thing is that this is no different than the tactics of a significant portion of the contributors here. This just highlights the utter lack of intellectual integrity of their positions. When in doubt...just play the race card, just make sure that the person you're talking to isn't black and have it blow up in your face so spectacularly.

I've been called a white racist and supremacist many times. I kind of enjoy it. :lol:

CNN Analyst Calls Out Fox News’ David Webb On-Air For ‘White Privilege’. Webb Informs Her He’s Black

In a debate on his radio show about what makes some people qualified for certain jobs over others, Webb said as a general rule when applying for jobs he cares more about his work-related expertise and experience, not skin color.

“That’s a whole ‘nother long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of,” said guest Martin.

Confused, Webb asked, “How do I have the privilege of white privilege?”

“David… by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege,” Martin began, when Webb interjected:

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black.”

Ms. CNN Analyst thought she was going to school ‘whitey”... instead, her poison got exposed.

Re: CNN Analyst Calls Out Fox News’ David Webb On-Air For ‘White Privilege’. Webb Informs Her He’s B

Ms. CNN Analyst thought she was going to school ‘whitey”... instead, her poison got exposed.

Ms. Martin: Look at me, I'm a leftist racist weenie with no heart and no brains.

Re: CNN Analyst Calls Out Fox News’ David Webb On-Air For ‘White Privilege’. Webb Informs Her He’s B

Ms. CNN Analyst thought she was going to school ‘whitey”...

She did and had her go-to at the ready.

Back
Top Bottom