• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2019-2020 NHL Thread - Ice Hockey Baby!!!

Some people look to enjoy life, some look to be offended and outraged at all times. I am the former.

You watching the game tonight. Dallas just got a really pretty goal.

I missed it. Switching between tennis, football and hockey. I have Kelce on my fantasy team plus there are actual fans in the stands. I will definitely be watching hockey tomorrow night!

The KHL... what trophy are they playing for... certainly not Lord Stanley’s Cup.

Have they announced it yet? The BLM Bowl? The Kaepernick Crud? The Molotov Cocktail?

You should go join the other kids playing UNO.

Nobody cares. We are watching some good games.

Stars came out ready to rumble last night. :)

Can't wait to watch Islanders TB tonight.

Islanders have to come out stronger than they've ever been to not go down 3-0.

Will Brayden Point play tonight?

Should be a fun game to watch. Still think TB will win series, but I hope the Islanders can make it interesting.

Just turned the TB - NYI game. Third period with 6 minutes to go and the game was tied by a hometown boy. Can there be anyting more exciting to watch?

Just turned the TB - NYI game. Third period with 6 minutes to go and the game was tied by a hometown boy. Can there be anyting more exciting to watch?

Yea the Isles coming up with the winning goal and an empty net one even with Kucherov hooking and slashing Pageu. Even better was Martin pummeling Goodrow who cross checked Nelson in the head in game 2. We need Johnston in game 4 to hammer some one, preferably Kucherov.

You should go join the other kids playing UNO.

Nobody cares. We are watching some good games.

Well, if numbers mean anything... millions care... as they tune out of the Kaepernick Hockey League. Odd considering they have a sports starved audience... Non?

Me... I’m simply participating in the New KHL... a political movement with a few hockey games attached.

Tell me... what should they name the trophy of this New KHL?

The Wokeness Cup?

The Molotov Cocktail?

What a say a you-a?

Some people look to enjoy life, some look to be offended and outraged at all times. I am the former.

You watching the game tonight. Dallas just got a really pretty goal.

After the past 4-plus years... you have proven yourself to be offended and outraged at all times.

Tell me... what do you like about the New KHL?

The declining fan base? Maybe prices will plummet such that after the China Virus and the continued BLM virus... you’ll be able to afford a ticket to attend one of their political gatherings live... ROTFLOL...

Yea the Isles coming up with the winning goal and an empty net one even with Kucherov hooking and slashing Pageu. Even better was Martin pummeling Goodrow who cross checked Nelson in the head in game 2. We need Johnston in game 4 to hammer some one, preferably Kucherov.

Isles needed that win.

TB needs Brayden Point back. And boy if Stamkos was healthy....

At any rate, looks like we might have a good series here after-all. No sweep.

The way these games are going I can easily see both the Western and Eastern Conferences finals going 7 games.

Another good game tonight with Vegas and Dallas. Had thought Vegas would have walked thru easily but Dallas has been the surprise.

The way these games are going I can easily see both the Western and Eastern Conferences finals going 7 games.

Another good game tonight with Vegas and Dallas. Had thought Vegas would have walked thru easily but Dallas has been the surprise.

Dallas seems to hit hard and play fast.
Islanders have same game.

A SC finals between those two teams would be such a slug-fest.

I'm still betting on Tampa Bay winning series against Islanders.

TB against Vegas would be a speed-fest.

That would be fun too.

Dallas seems to hit hard and play fast.
Islanders have same game.

A SC finals between those two teams would be such a slug-fest.

I'm still betting on Tampa Bay winning series against Islanders.

TB against Vegas would be a speed-fest.

That would be fun too.

I all along thought it would be Tampa Bay and Dallas ending up in the cup. But never say never here.

Any combination of these four teams would give a good war.

And I don't miss the audience one bit. I use to think it just wouldn't be the same but am now rethinking that. No more jerks throwing crap onto the ice. Same thing with the other sports.

I don't miss fans sitting behind a basketball hoop doing all they can to distract a foul shooter. Nor the drunken idiots at a football game filled with liquid testosterone fighting each other.

The only distractant we have is the one poster who is just going into conniptions trying to get attention to himself. I imagine his whole life has been like that.

Isles and TB are getting quite testy today!!!!

Gonna be a fun game if this "energy" keeps up into the next two periods (or more).

Isles and TB are getting quite testy today!!!!

Gonna be a fun game if this "energy" keeps up into the next two periods (or more).

I turned on the TV today at 7 to start getting ready for the game, only to discover that it was an afternoon game. I was pissed.

I turned on the TV today at 7 to start getting ready for the game, only to discover that it was an afternoon game. I was pissed.

You missed 3 goals being scored in I think it was 15 seconds.

First goal was Islanders taking a 1-0 lead.

Then, in the next 15-ish seconds, TB scored two goals with the third goal proving to be the game winning goal.

Talk about momentum swings...

So the question is: Tampa Bay in 5, 6, or 7 games?

I'm thinking Isles win next game, then TB eliminates them in game 6. Especially if Brayden Point is playing.

Dallas heading to Stanley Cup finals!!!!

True story! Of course, I fell asleep before any goals where scored. Not that the game was boring, but I was dead tired and my rocker/recliner is wonderfully comfortable.

Islanders survive to force a game 6.

TB really needs Brayden Point on the ice.

Islanders survive to force a game 6.

TB really needs Brayden Point on the ice.

That was a shock seeing the Islanders win game 5. I think for a team to come back and take a series after being down 3-1 is like once or twice in 35 times it has happened.

There is undoubtedly pressure on NYI to win game 6 or start packing their gear but I almost feel there has to be bigger pressure on Tampa Bay. If they let NYI tie this series up then they will face a NYI with a huge Momentum captial M.

I almost feel there has to be bigger pressure on Tampa Bay.

I think all the pressure is on TB.

After last year's embarrassing first round sweep, they've got a lot to "fix" in terms of making things up to their fans. Anything short of SC finals would be yet another embarrassment.

Islanders, they just gotta put the pedal to the metal. They've already outplayed their expectations this year.

Game 6 tonight.

Will Islanders force a game 7, or will Tampa advance to SC Finals?

I wouldn't be disappointed in a game 7, but I think (especially if Brayden Point in healthy enough to play) TB wins the series tonight.

Too bad the forum will be down for most of the weekend.

By the time this place is back up and running again we'll know who is playing for the whole she-bang!!!!

Stars win game 1 against Tampa Bay 4-1.

A little shocking I guess. Expected TB to put up a bigger fight.

Sure hope this series goes 7 games. Don't care who wins to be honest. Just want it to be a tough fight for whoever wins.

Stars win game 1 against Tampa Bay 4-1.

A little shocking I guess. Expected TB to put up a bigger fight.

Sure hope this series goes 7 games. Don't care who wins to be honest. Just want it to be a tough fight for whoever wins.
This is shaping up to be a battle of the goalies with some of their entourage.

Tampa showed up on time today.

Tampa showed up on time today.

They sure as hell showed up for the first period.

Not sure how/why they let Dallas get to within one goal, or how/why TB couldn't score after the first period?

I can see Dallas beating Tampa into submission in this series. I would not have thought that a month ago.

Back
Top Bottom