• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2019-2020 NHL Thread - Ice Hockey Baby!!!

I wanted to care yesterday that they were playing. My favored team was playing. But I couldn't get myself to care. Especially when I turned the channel to watch the start of the VGK/VAN game, and they immediately start with a lecture video. Changed the channel, never went back. I don't even know who won. I don't really care.

5f481fb8cdc48.image.jpg

Guys, can we keep the politics and **** out of this thread? If we want to discuss the politics, maybe make another thread to do it in?

Islanders Vs Tampa Bay for conference finals.

Pretty much a no-brainer right now.

Flyers youngsters are showing some positives for a decent future.
Flyers veterans are obviously ready for retirement, and the golf course.

Just happy there's no Penguins, and hopefully no Bruins. No Caps is also a benefit this year.

The Flyers Islanders series is the Islanders to win or lose. All the Islanders have to do is want it.

It's obvious the majority of the Flyers just don't care enough to truly want it.

Taking out the Pens in 4 last year terrific. The Caps this year was almost as nice. Too bad Johnston didn't get to square off with Wilson. Us Isles fans still remember him basically ending Visnovsky's career.

Adam Pelech, best defensemen no knows about other than Isles fans. Different team with him in the lineup. As much as I like Johnny Boychuck, Greene has been really good teaming with Leddy.

Battle of the back up goalies tonight.

Guys, can we keep the politics and **** out of this thread? If we want to discuss the politics, maybe make another thread to do it in?
The league brought it into the arena. They brought the politics into it. Which is why I care a hell of a lot less about it today than I did on Wednesday.

Yeah, that's the one.

What's your point? Just to troll me?

edit: it's actually not the one, that's TB/BOS. Same point, though.

ROTFLMAO... the New KHL is a political league now... just look at their website, see what they’ve done. It’s part of the moronic league.

Leftists **** everything up... even hockey.

When they take politics out of the league, then it need not be discussed. But that’s not where the New KHL is.

Tampa advances, and I have a hard time seeing the isles being able to beat them.

I’d say it’s not so much “politics”, and much more basic human rights, as well as basic human decency.

Also, considering the (overly white) NHL not only recognizes it, but went so far as to postpone and reschedule playoff games for a few days suggests it’s a legitimate talking point regardless of where this thread is located.

On top of that, this thread is almost dead. The season is almost over. There’s maybe five people tops watching it anymore, and hopefully now there’s two less people.

But sure… lets keep it strictly hockey.

Boston is done. Halleluiah!!!!

Flyers might eek out a win tonight forcing game 6, assuming the Isles are already looking towards Tampa Bay, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Flyers are done tonight. I see no way on Earth there’s a game 7 in that series. Flyers just don’t have it in them.

Can easily see a Tampa Bay – Dallas Stanley Cup finals series.

Two teams the vast majority of ice hockey fans out there couldn’t possibly care less about. Especially as football gets started and Baseball starts heading into World Series territory.

Might be the lowest ratings for a sports championship series ever.

Game 6!!!

Although again, the Flyers squandered a good lead, almost self-imploded, then barely survived.

I see the Islanders coming out with all guns blazing Thursday, and probably overwhelming the Flyers to finish this series.

Flyers start strong, then fade.
Islanders start slow-ish, then ramp up the intensity for the next few periods.

I predict no game 7 in this series.

I’d say it’s not so much “politics”, and much more basic human rights, as well as basic human decency.

Also, considering the (overly white) NHL not only recognizes it, but went so far as to postpone and reschedule playoff games for a few days suggests it’s a legitimate talking point regardless of where this thread is located.

On top of that, this thread is almost dead. The season is almost over. There’s maybe five people tops watching it anymore, and hopefully now there’s two less people.

Flyers might eek out a win tonight forcing game 6, assuming the Isles are already looking towards Tampa Bay, but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Flyers are done tonight. I see no way on Earth there’s a game 7 in that series. Flyers just don’t have it in them.

Two teams the vast majority of ice hockey fans out there couldn’t possibly care less about. Especially as football gets started and Baseball starts heading into World Series territory.

Those are exactly the kind of "fans" that turn so many people off of hockey. Add to that the head shots. If not for that crap, it could be a great sport.

Anyway, it looks like the Lightening are taking a long break. Are they the favorite? Hard seeing how they would not be.

Anyway, it looks like the Lightening are taking a long break. Are they the favorite? Hard seeing how they would not be.

TB has to be the favorite from the East.
Not sure if they'd be the favorite for the Finals just yet.

Hard to say. Very little about this playoff series that's "normal".

Colorado forces a game 7.

Would love to see the Flyers do that tonight, but if I had to put down my own money on the game I'd surely go with the Isles hammering in the last nails of the coffin.

Two teams could have finished their series today, and both failed. 3 game 7s in the conference semifinals.

And Dallas advances.

BIG WIN FOR THE ISLES!

I was nervous going in. Figured another nail biter but they took control early on and gave up next to nothing. Should have won game 6 but screwed up a power play late and lost a third OT. Brock Nelson backchecking Voracheck I think at his own circle then turning around for a 2 on 1 and putting in a perfect pass from Bailey was the highlight of the night. No Taveras needed. Barzal took a beating but also played great. Kudos to Philly, they could have given up after being down 3 - 1 and being severely out played in game 6 but they found a way to reach game 7. First time since 1993 the Isles have made it to the conference finals.

nyi.jpg

It’s politics.... this KHL.

Tampa is putting on a clinic!

Tampa is putting on a clinic!

Isles were beat after slugfest with Philly and having to travel. Typical grinding in game 2, some really nasty hits. Mostly on Brock Nelson. Cross check to the head wasn't even called. Hedman is the difference. Tough to get through and defend.

Isles were beat after slugfest with Philly and having to travel. Typical grinding in game 2, some really nasty hits. Mostly on Brock Nelson. Cross check to the head wasn't even called. Hedman is the difference. Tough to get through and defend.

5 minute power play, 5 on 3 power play...you got to take advantage of those. Now, late game, needing at least one more goal to win, and the Isles are starting to wear out.

5 minute power play, 5 on 3 power play...you got to take advantage of those. Now, late game, needing at least one more goal to win, and the Isles are starting to wear out.

Yea they screwed up some opportunities. But they have Andrew Ladd who is very well rested. LOL!

Yea they screwed up some opportunities. But they have Andrew Ladd who is very well rested. LOL!

Was that a beautiful pass or what?

Psychologically, this game has to be rough for the Isles. They played really well, they had the 5 minute and the 5 on 3, and they still lost. Bouncing back after game 1 when they had a ton of excuses for losing was easy. Not sure bouncing back from this one will be so easy.

The KHL... what trophy are they playing for... certainly not Lord Stanley’s Cup.

Have they announced it yet? The BLM Bowl? The Kaepernick Crud? The Molotov Cocktail?

The KHL... what trophy are they playing for... certainly not Lord Stanley’s Cup.

Have they announced it yet? The BLM Bowl? The Kaepernick Crud? The Molotov Cocktail?

Awesome game last night even if my Isles lost at the end. You should go watch the real KHL since that seems to be your thing. Stanley Cup action was great and you not enjoying it over political issues even better. Those tapes with the malignant narcissist POS lying scumbag were also pretty awesome. Kudos to Woodward!

Awesome game last night even if my Isles lost at the end. You should go watch the real KHL since that seems to be your thing. Stanley Cup action was great and you not enjoying it over political issues even better. Those tapes with the malignant narcissist POS lying scumbag were also pretty awesome. Kudos to Woodward!

Some people look to enjoy life, some look to be offended and outraged at all times. I am the former.

You watching the game tonight. Dallas just got a really pretty goal.

Back
Top Bottom