• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2016 will not feature Christie vs. Clinton but if it did....

Who would you vote for in the 2016 Presidential election: Christie or Clinton

• NJ Governor Chris Christie

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike.Redd

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
2016 will not feature Christie vs. Clinton | Rare

I read this really great article and it gave me an idea for a poll. The article basically tells how a lot of events can happen between now and election day in 2016. We never know how anything will turn out. If any one could tell the future they would probably be a billionaire right now due to stocks, lotteries, etc. Point is we need to focus on the now. There are numerous bills on the floor for the house and the senate. we need to focus on the important issues of today i.e. Obamacare, the economy, etc., then the elections 3 years from now.

But if it really did come down to Christie vs. Clinton, who would you vote for?

The premise of the linked article is that neither will be on the nominee in 2016 because, well, because he doesn't think it will happen. Pretty stupid article. Hint to the writer: defend your positions.

I read this really great article and it gave me an idea for a poll. The article basically tells how a lot of events can happen between now and election day in 2016. We never know how anything will turn out. If any one could tell the future they would probably be a billionaire right now due to stocks, lotteries, etc. Point is we need to focus on the now. There are numerous bills on the floor for the house and the senate. we need to focus on the important issues of today i.e. Obamacare, the economy, etc., then the elections 3 years from now.

I'd vote for Chris Christie, even though, party wise, I more closely identify with the Democrats. Benghazi really changed my view of Hilary. Not because of how it happened; but how she handled herself on the stand.

Also, leave your husband, woman.

If those two did go head to head, the liberals would be in a real pickle.

On the one hand, they wouldn't be able to resist the fat jokes at Christie's expense.

On the other hand, they don't want to risk alienating all the other fat liberals.

What to do....?

I'd vote for Chris Christie, even though, party wise, I more closely identify with the Democrats. Benghazi really changed my view of Hilary. Not because of how it happened; but how she handled herself on the stand.

Also, leave your husband, woman.

I think this is just as likely as her coming out. Isn't going to happen.

On the one hand, they wouldn't be able to resist the fat jokes at Christie's expense.

On the other hand, they don't want to risk alienating all the other fat liberals.

What to do....?

I dunno. The last Christie, "fat joke," was delivered from Rand Paul I believe. Not exactly a liberal there.

But I would vote for him over just about anybody I can think of at the moment.

Oh man. This is like Sophie’s Choice for me. I support both of them.

Sure, I’m a liberal and I’ve voted Democrat in every past election but that doesn’t mean I’m an extreme zealot to my party. If I see a politician on the other team that stands for a number of things I agree with and I feel that they would represent our country well and place its best interests first, I would have no problem voting for him or her.

Governor Christie is one of those few Republicans I like and would definitely vote for. However, I’m also a Hillary Clinton supporter. Honestly, I wished that she won the 2008 Democrat Party endorsement instead of Obama. But if it came down to the two of them, I’m pretty sure I’d vote for Christie.

What to do....?

And yet it is a conservative who brought his weight in as an issue in this thread. Oh the irony...

And yet it is a conservative who brought his weight in as an issue in this thread. Oh the irony...

Nah...I don't think his weight is an issue. I think the liberals will make his weight an issue...or they'll want to. Some of them might think twice about it.

Nah...I don't think his weight is an issue. I think the liberals will make his weight an issue...or they'll want to. Some of them might think twice about it.

Depends on who he took as a running mate. We all remember that we were one heart attack from Sarah Palin being president if you liked McCain. I imagine a similar tactic would take place. Wonder if Hilary's recent health issues would come into play?

Depends on who he took as a running mate. We all remember that we were one heart attack from Sarah Palin being president if you liked McCain. I imagine a similar tactic would take place. Wonder if Hilary's recent health issues would come into play?

Shrug...

Palin would have made a better President than Hillary. If only because she isn't a Beltway insider.

But yeah...liberals will use any nasty tactic they feel they can get away with to affect public opinion. We've seen that with McCain, Palin, Romney...heck, they tried it with Bush, too. Just didn't work that time.

He's had lap band surgery, and I say good for him. In the first three months, he lost 40 pounds. He'll be half the man he used to be by the time the election rolls around. Unfortunately, he's not completely unhinged, so it's unlikely he will get the nomination.

Should have included a none of the above option. I wouldn't vote for either of them. I doubt I'll ever vote for another GOP candidate. The party's gone so far overboard it's probably never going to rejoin reality. They've let right-wing extremists and theocrats take over the party leadership. They're done, as far as I'm concerned.

The Democrats aren't much better. They're sellouts, too. They were with the Republicans going into Iraq. They signed onto the Patriot Acts. They're with Obama and Bush on illegal spying. They're with Obama on persecuting whistleblowers as "traitors". And, with all of that, Hillary is the worst of 'em.

I'll either vote for a 3rd party or just leave that part of the ballot blank; although even that's not necessarily a safe option -- not since Al Gore ridiculous adventures in Florida.

2016 won't feature a lot of people.

I'll make my decision a little closer to election time.

I dunno. The last Christie, "fat joke," was delivered from Rand Paul I believe. Not exactly a liberal there.

But I would vote for him over just about anybody I can think of at the moment.

I would definitely vote for Christie over Clinton.

I actually like Christie, he seems to break away from the party to be more independent and do what he feels is best for his state.

I despise Clinton. I used to like her but after Benghazi she needs to be far far away from any position of power. I also don't like the idea of political families that run on power generated by a family member that established their name. The Clinton, Bush, and Kennedy families shouldn't be "political" families with people trusting them due to the actions of previous family members.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom