• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2016 Trump inherited a smooth running country and healthy economy, in 3 plus years ruined it

The King of Bankruptcy

Watching Trump speak, it really appears that he lacks not only the ability, but even the interest in taking responsibility for dealing with this crisis.

He has told us that he takes no responsibility for it and nothing he has done contradicts it.

He should resign or be thrown out of office by Congress. This sick joke known as the Trump Era needs to end as soon as possible.

Let's take a closer look at Tim Morrison's biased opinion you posted. A closer look will reveal morrison's motive. morrison's opinion is about the disasterous series of event's he is covering his ass for.

GOVERNMENT

Donald Trump Didn’t Disband Pandemic Team, He Did Far Worse

Mar 17, 2020 at 12:47 PM
When we started hearing that the Trump administration sowed the seeds for the lackluster response to this outbreak by firing the nation’s whole pandemic preparedness team a few years ago, it was genuinely disturbing how unsurprising it was.

But former administration officials are now pushing back against the report that Trump recklessly fired the response team of experts by claiming… he didn’t dissolve the team at all. An odd flex given that Donald Trump already admitted that he fired everyone in the office, explaining that he didn’t want people on the payroll when there wasn’t an active threat and “when we need them, we can get them back very quickly.”

And while being comically contradicted by Trump himself should end the inquiry, the managerial lackeys who actually staked their careers on this debacle are taking to the press to try and defend their crumbling professional reputations.

Tim Morrison, a former NSC official, wrote to the Washington Post claiming, “No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.” It’s an editorial earning a lot of plaudits from John Bolton, Morrison’s former boss. who is also deeply implicated in this move since he oversaw the decision. Right-wing Twitter is sending it around in… I don’t know… some kind of weird attempt to claim that whatever Trump did with the team isn’t why the response has been so badly botched?

It’s also an editorial that seems to woefully misunderstand both “pandemics” and “preparedness.”

Morrison’s claim is that he ran the successor organization to the pandemic preparedness group, a move that cut most of the minds behind the original, but…

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled

Morrison and Bolton are publicly arguing that they aren’t responsible for dismantling a highly praised pandemic team because they buried its mission under the auspices of an arms control and bioterror unit. Except those are security threats predicated upon predicting and remediating human state and non-state actors.

Like the revolving door corporate hacks that they are, the administration made its cuts about “efficiency” rather than “results” and somehow has the gall to pretend they were right when the whole operation crashes around them.

Diseases might come from bioterrorism, but they’re far more likely to come from the serendipity of mutation. If some entity were planning a bioterror attack, it would focus on agents that are highly lethal and, necessarily, not highly contagious — diseases can’t survive when they kill the host.

This is precisely why an organization charged with gameplanning terrorist attacks is ill-suited to deal with traditional pandemics. The whole frame of reference is wrong.

Donald Trump Didn’t Disband Pandemic Team, He Did Far Worse | Above the Law

Tim Morrison an arms control expert running some convoluted reminence of a response team, more trump incopetence. Versus well trained epidemiologist that had their budgets cut leading to disbandment

Excellent post.

Vote for the guy who was part of an administration that created a pandemic response team and briefed the current administration that a pandemic type flu like virus could sweep the world?

**** yea I'm voting for that guy. Heaven forbid we have someone who thinks and reads. :roll:

The second Republican president in a row to ignore the advice of The Deep State concerning an impending crisis.

i didn't move the goal posts at all. typical dishonest of a leftist.
the fact is that it still exists and is still running.
when you are not overstaffed you don't need as many people so naturally the budget is going to go down.

the rest of your post belongs in the conspiracy theory forum.

Yes you did, and you know it too.

Yes you did, and you know it too.

I will go with the word of the people that were actually there and in charge of what happened
vs people that weren't.

Did President Trump Cut the CDC Budget?

Although it’s true that Trump’s fiscal year 2021 budget proposal does propose a funding cut to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that budget has not been enacted.

why do you continue to lie?
i mean it is easily fact checked and we can get to the truth pretty easily.
i thought leftist hated lies?

I will go with the word of the people that were actually there and in charge of what happened
vs people that weren't.

Did President Trump Cut the CDC Budget?

Although it’s true that Trump’s fiscal year 2021 budget proposal does propose a funding cut to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that budget has not been enacted.

why do you continue to lie?
i mean it is easily fact checked and we can get to the truth pretty easily.
i thought leftist hated lies?

Debating the advanced pandemic team aand trump's involvement has been interesting. Even with your characterization of trump's involvement with the team, lack of a pandemic team was only mistake #1. What happened next was a complete disaster of a reponse from trump our leader and his consult facebook son-in-law.

Result: Well just read anything, any news source, the U.S. is f****ed

Yeah vote for a senile Joe Biden. From where he sits he sees 1954 all over again, waiting for a telephone operator to come on who has long since retired.

Sounds like job creation to me.

lol

Debating the advanced pandemic team aand trump's involvement has been interesting. Even with your characterization of trump's involvement with the team, lack of a pandemic team was only mistake #1. What happened next was a complete disaster of a reponse from trump our leader and his consult facebook son-in-law.

Result: Well just read anything, any news source, the U.S. is f****ed

there was no lack of a team you prove once again the leftist do not care about lying which is why you continue to do it.
The team was consolidated into other units as part of the CDC. the teams still existed.

so once again faux outrage at lying is just that faux outrage which is why you continue to lie even though it was proven
that trump did not get rid of the team. it was reorganized into a more effective unit than it was.

No evidence of your claim. Who are you aiming the lies for? Yourself? The Cult?

Let me help you free yourself from the cult and the need to endlessly lie

Contrary to? Trump’s suggestion that the Obama administration did “nothing,” officials declared a public health emergency early in the H1N1 outbreak, secured funding from Congress and ultimately declared a national emergency, as we’ll explain below.

On top of that, the CDC sequenced the new virus, created testing kits, and the Food and Drug Administration approved multiple vaccines, among other actions.

Rep. Michael Burgess, a Republican from Texas, praised the CDC at a House hearing in 2016 for quickly developing a vaccine for the swine flu in about six months — in time for the start of the school year in September 2009. “So that’s a 6-month time frame if I’m doing my math correctly that you were able to identify the genetic sequence of the virus, reverse engineer a vaccine, test it, assure its safety and efficacy, and get it to school teachers on the second week of school. That’s pretty impressive,” he said.

Trump said in a tweet that the Obama administration’s response to the 2009 H1N1 pandemic “was a full scale disaster.” While he can have that opinion, there is little to support such a negative view.

A New York Times article from January 2010 said that while some mistakes were made, a variety of experts thought the administration had generally handled things well.

William Schaffner of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine told the Times that officials deserved “at least a B-plus,” while Mount Sinai virologist Peter Palese called the overall response “excellent.”

Obama’s Emergency Declarations
In one tweet, Trump quoted Fox Business Network’s Lou Dobbs as misleadingly claiming that it “took 6 months for President Obama to declare a National Emergency” for the H1N1 “swine flu” outbreak that “killed 12,000 Americans.” It’s true that Obama didn’t declare a national emergency for six months, but that ignores several other steps the administration took, including declaring a public health emergency the same month that the novel H1N1 infections were first reported.

At the time of the tweet, Trump had not yet declared a national emergency for COVID-19.

(Dobbs’ actual quote was slightly different. He said on his March 12 show that it “took six months for President Obama to then declare a national emergency, one that ultimately killed more than 12,000 Americans and infected 60 million more.”)

On April 15, 2009, the first infection was identified in California, according to the CDC, and less than two weeks later, on April 26, 2009, the Obama administration declared a public health emergency. The day before, on April 25, the World Health Organization had declared a public health emergency.

Dr. Richard Besser, then-acting director of the CDC, confirmed to the press on the day of the U.S. declaration that there were 20 cases of H1N1 in the U.S., and that “all of the individuals in this country who have been identified as cases have recovered.”

The same day — April 26 — the CDC began releasing antiviral drugs to treat the H1N1 flu, and two days later, the FDA approved a new CDC test for the disease, according to a CDC timeline on the pandemic.

On April 30, 2009, two days after the public health emergency declaration, Obama formally asked Congress for $1.5 billion to fight the outbreak, and later asked for nearly $9 billion, according a September 2009 Congressional Research Service report. On June 26, 2009, Obama signed Congress’ supplemental appropriation bill that included $7.7 billion for the outbreak.

The U.S. public health emergency was renewed twice — on July 24, 2009, and Oct. 1, 2009.

Trump’s H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic Spin - FactCheck.org

Let's not forget under Obama and H1N1 no panic, no total financial collapse. Under trump-ouch!

NOTHING you can post will overcome the historical numbers of Obama and H1N1. It took him 7 months to declare it a national emergency. 7 MONTHS and by that time we had over 4000 dead. Trump does it in 30 days with 80 dead at the time and you want to give him s**t over it?

You hypocrisy is unimaginable.

And yet again when Trump talks the market crashes.

Maybe next week he'll keep his lying mouth shut and then WS can rally a little. But I doubt it. It's like lying is breathing to him.

And yet again when Trump talks the market crashes.

Maybe next week he'll keep his lying mouth shut and then WS can rally a little. But I doubt it. It's like lying is breathing to him.

Presidents are elected to lead ......so no.

We are not Russia or China...

Not yet anyways...

Presidents are elected to lead ......

Yeah, thanks for making my point... Trump don't 'lead', all he does is lie, and push the buck and blame to other people.. That's not a leader. And WS knows he's not... So every time the liar in chief talks, the market tanks.

Back
Top Bottom