• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2016 NFL Draft

I like the Lions draft so far, all linemen. It's not sexy, but I believe it's the winning formula. This is a nice first step for our new GM, who formerly worked for the Patriots.

NFL needs the Lions to do well...one of these days. That team has been so bad, but they must be really happy that there is a team in Cleveland.

I know a lot of people are criticizing the Cowboys for the Elliott pick, but just from the perspective of my Pittsburgh Steelers I think that running backs have been getting a raw deal the last little while in this pass first cycle of offense. The Steelers have a great back in Le'Veon Bell and their offense is much more dynamic with him in there as a threat to run and to catch passes out of the backfield. The past two playoffs runs, Bell has been injured for the Steelers and they've suffered because of it. If Bell had been healthy and playing, the Steelers would have gone a lot farther.

If Elliott can be a dynamic back like Bell has been, he could make the Cowboy's offense hum, taking pressure of a suspect defense and more importantly taking pressure off Romo and the Cowboy's constant need to play from behind.

Not draft related, but happened while the draft was progressing - why would the Bears pick up Hoyer as a backup to Cutler? Haven't Bears' fans suffered enough with QBs who implode come playoff time?

Not draft related, but happened while the draft was progressing - why would the Bears pick up Hoyer as a backup to Cutler? Haven't Bears' fans suffered enough with QBs who implode come playoff time?

I agree, I think Hoyer is terrible. The Bears already have two other QBs but I think its because Hoyer has worked with the Bears OC before is why they took him as a veteran backup. Nevertheless, I hope he gets cut in training camp. :roll:

I agree, I think Hoyer is terrible. The Bears already have two other QBs but I think its because Hoyer has worked with the Bears OC before is why they took him as a veteran backup. Nevertheless, I hope he gets cut in training camp. :roll:

I guess he came cheap on a one year deal, and he did have his best regular season of his career last year, but how can anyone forget that awful Houston/KC playoff game when he single handedly ended their season.

The hidden gems in this draft are often the UFA signings. This is where Seattle is so strong and this year looks like a bumper crop.

Amazingly. Vernon Adams didn't get drafted. He's headed to Seattle as well.

Back
Top Bottom