• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2016 General Elections

Cast your vote!

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Third Party

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No vote

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

Captain America

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Now that the field is pretty much set, convention upsets notwithstanding, if the election were held today, for whom would you cast your vote?

It will be interesting, as time passes towards the election, to see how our Debate Politics community stacks up to the RCP poll averages.

This is a blind poll just like a voting booth with a curtain. Americans have the right to keep their vote secret.

Commentary not required. Just vote. (Although, I know the usual suspects cannot resist starting controversy. Freedom of speech and all that.)

Last edited:
Third party.

The best way to revolt against the Two-Party system is for people to get behind a third-party candidate and Declare Independence.

We all knew in the back our mind that Bernie Sanders wouldn't win, but when he talked about political revolution, he talked about disillusioning people with the Democratic establishment.

And the current state of the GOP is fairly self-explanatory.

The Second American Revolution begins now.

Independence Front (thinking about restarting this site).

All apologies to jamesrage.

After starting this thread I discovered he started one just like it. (Only with a bit more commentary in the poll selections.)

I would understand if this poll was taken down.

Again, all apologies. :3oops:

i might participate in the poll when the election gets closer. i am having real problems with voting for Clinton, and she's the only plausible path to stop Trump. that is so depressing.

also, **** the stupid two party system. and i should point out that even though the censor makes the word unreadable upstairs, it is in all caps.

Third party. America cannot afford to have 4 more years of Democrats in the exec and certainly not appointing a liberal judge to the SCOTUS. Hillary is a wretched human being too.

Trump is a fool, he's high emotion low information and an arrogant man who is unqualified to hold the most powerful position in the world. We can't elect some loud-mouthed ignorant reality TV star.

I'll be voting 3rd party largely in protest of the current choices.

Trump all the way. It will be the only good presidency since Reagan and the greatest one since JFK. All his policies are good, it almost feels like a miracle. Finally a president who is not a warmonger and cares for the workers - the most important people of a country.

All apologies to jamesrage.

After starting this thread I discovered he started one just like it. (Only with a bit more commentary in the poll selections.)

I would understand if this poll was taken down.

Again, all apologies. :3oops:

No apology needed. That other poll is useless due to the wording.

Maybe take a break from the whole president gig for like a year? I know, that's so 1785, but think about....

I don't know, chill a bit and see what happens.

Congress would probably f*ck it up though, especially the GOP.

Just a thought.

No apology needed. That other poll is useless due to the wording.

Well, I tried my best to present my poll as benign and as un-opinionated as I could. I was hoping for just some laid back, non-controversial back-and-forth but we all know that desire is a fool's errand here @ DP. LOL!

One more day y'all and that day is Friday. TGIF! Happy Weekend!

Follow up"

Time stamp date: 6/10/16
Time: 12:37 CST

Current thread poll reflections:

Hillary Clinton 41.8%
Donald Trump 11.76%
Third Party 29.1%
No vote: 17.65%

Current RCP Poll Reflections:
Hillary Clinton: 42%
Donald Trump: 39%
Third Party (Johnson) 12%
No vote: Info not available.

Summary:

National RCP poll averages on Hillary Clinton polls seem to be in line with the polling on this thread.

RCP polls appear to be more favorable to Donald Trump than the poll in this thread. But he is still losing (coming in 2nd,) so that is also in line with this poll, just less extreme.

(Doesn't seem to be a lot of Trump fans here at DP. But that could be because a lot of Trump fans don't own computers or know how to type. Just a guess..)

Source: RealClearPolitics - 2016 Latest Polls

Stay tuned..... :2wave:

Last edited:
Follow up"

Hillary Clinton 41.8%
Donald Trump 11.76%
Third Party 29.1%

Summary:

National RCP poll averages on Hillary Clinton polls seem to be in line with the polling on this thread.

RCP polls appear to be more favorable to Donald Trump than the poll in this thread. But he is still losing (coming in 2nd,) so that is also in line with this poll, just less extreme.

(Doesn't seem to be a lot of Trump fans here at DP. But that could be because a lot of Trump fans don't own computers or know how to type. Just a guess..)

so then, you just proved with this post your objectivity went right out the window, and you hate Trump and Trump supporters, feel superior to them, and look down on them all.

how typical....

so then, you just proved with this post your objectivity went right out the window, and you hate Trump and Trump supporters, feel superior to them, and look down on them all.

how typical....

Oh, absolutely. I make no bones about it. Trump is an idiot.

But the poll, and my introduction to the poll, and I think you would agree, was straight forward without opinion, bias or prejudice.

That is the meat of this thread. Not a lot of grey area.

Now, my opinionated follow-up's are simply inevitable. As are yours. But that is after-the-fact. My poll is simple without any caveats.

I think we both can agree that the follow up's are the most fun and in the spirit of Debate Politics, no?

The follow up posts, aside from the poll, well, we both know they are gonna happen. Let's have some fun with it.

Third party. America cannot afford to have 4 more years of Democrats in the exec and certainly not appointing a liberal judge to the SCOTUS. Hillary is a wretched human being too.

Trump is a fool, he's high emotion low information and an arrogant man who is unqualified to hold the most powerful position in the world. We can't elect some loud-mouthed ignorant reality TV star.

I'll be voting 3rd party largely in protest of the current choices.

Why do you say this and then say you'll vote third party? You are helping Clinton become president and apparently sending America to its doom if you think these things cannot happen.

Follow up"

Hillary Clinton 41.8%
Donald Trump 11.76%
Third Party 29.1%

Summary:

These are such stupid statements. There are plenty of uneducated morons that are voting for Clinton too. In fact, the democrats have been known to attract voters from groups that they have attempted to keep uneducated so that they can continue to count on their vote.

Oh, absolutely. I make no bones about it. Trump is an idiot.

But the poll, and my introduction to the poll, and I think you would agree, was straight forward without opinion, bias or prejudice.

That is the meat of this thread. Not a lot of grey area.

Now, my opinionated follow-up's are simply inevitable. As are yours. But that is after-the-fact. My poll is simple without any caveats.

I think we both can agree that the follow up's are the most fun and in the spirit of Debate Politics, no?

The follow up posts, aside from the poll, well, we both know they are gonna happen. Let's have some fun with it.

I do not consider being insulted for my support for a candidate, " fun ".

I do not, and have never insulted Hillary or Bernie supporters, yet both of them, see it fine to insult Trump supporters all day long. Just like you just did.

Supporting a political candidate is a precious American value. I personally will not INSULT anyone for their choice.

I will poke at liberals all day long, but never will I insult them for their choice of candidate.

I guess that is the major difference between me and others like you who group everyone who supports your opposition in one big basket, like you did in your insulting post.

PS...Trump took a huge majority of people in the northeast, and other intellectually populated areas, but I guess that makes them all complete dumbasses in your eyes too.

In this area, I am so much better than you and your kind, who throw insults and make little of their intellectual capacity simple because they support a different candidate.

You are 100% WRONG in this case in what you said.

nor will I reply to anything you say further. YOUR lack of manners and intellect in that post shows me the level you are operating at, which is way below mine.

yes, I am better than you in this case.

Last edited:
Third party.

The best way to revolt against the Two-Party system is for people to get behind a third-party candidate and Declare Independence.

We all knew in the back our mind that Bernie Sanders wouldn't win, but when he talked about political revolution, he talked about disillusioning people with the Democratic establishment.

And the current state of the GOP is fairly self-explanatory.

The Second American Revolution begins now.

Independence Front (thinking about restarting this site).

Why do you need to start something new? Why not just vote for the Green Party? Their "revolution" has been going strong for 40 years and they even threw the 2000 election to GW Bush so you can't say they never made any impact. It seems to me that a new party would only dilute the wild-eyed progressives vote.

I do not, and have never insulted Hillary or Bernie supporters, yet both of them, see it fine to insult Trump supporters all day long. Just like you just did.

Supporting a political candidate is a precious American value. I personally will not INSULT anyone for their choice.

I will poke at liberals all day long, but never will I insult them for their choice of candidate.

I guess that is the major difference between me and others like you who group everyone who supports your opposition in one big basket, like you did in your insulting post.

PS...Trump took a huge majority of people in the northeast, and other intellectually populated areas, but I guess that makes them all complete dumbasses in your eyes too.

In this area, I am so much better than you and your kind, who throw insults and make little of their intellectual capacity simple because they support a different candidate.

nor will I reply to anything you say further. YOUR lack of manners and intellect in that post shows me the level you are operating at, which is way below mine.

I'm afraid that after November you won't want to admit who you voted for but suit yourself.

Why do you say this and then say you'll vote third party? You are helping Clinton become president and apparently sending America to its doom if you think these things cannot happen.

At this point in time I can't bring myself to vote for Trump. Either candidate will be a disaster and I concede the fact that America is on a course for 4 more years of fools in the white house.

At this point in time I can't bring myself to vote for Trump. Either candidate will be a disaster and I concede the fact that America is on a course for 4 more years of fools in the white house.

Yea, but you said the US can't afford Liberals or a Liberal justice. Do you think Trump is going to pick a Liberal for the Supreme Court? Cause if not, it seems your reasoning would be that Trump would be a better pick since he would not pick a Liberal judge.

Awwww.... May I offer you a tissue?

You may, (or may not,) recall, quite some time ago, you and I were going back and forth quite pleasantly and I even offered the olive branch stating that I would be honored to buy you a beer should we ever meet. You came back at me stating that you read my post history and that because of my political viewpoints that you would never take me up on that offer. Remember? If you don't think that wasn't a personal insult, you are delusional. And you drew the "first blood," so to speak.

Since, I haven't bothered even talking to you, (except to give you a like or two on posts I agreed with.)

My opinion was not directed at you for a personal insult. But if you took it that way, well, let's just consider that a bonus.

You aren't any better than anyone else around here. Get over yourself Sparky. :peace

Back
Top Bottom