• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2016 Election

Favorite rumored candidate in the 2016 election

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Martin O'Malley

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Andrew Cuomo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Ryan

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Marco Rubio

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Chris Christie

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Jeb Bush

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 22 36.1%

• Total voters
The only person qualified on your list is Jeb Bush - if the taint of the Clinton name and Hillary's performance in State hasn't harmed her chances, there's no reason to think that the American people would look at Jeb Bush and not see the competent leader with lots of government executive experience and think more about Bush 1 than Bush 2.

I sure hope he runs - he'd be a terrific President.

GWB screwed Jeb's chances...he will always be tainted with GWB's legacy. The 2016 Presidential title is Hilary's if she wants it...thats the biggest question that remains to be seen. If Hilary doesn't run it will probably be a much closer election and you will see a number of Democrats throw their hat into the ring. For the GOP, its either going to be Rubio or Christie. Rand Paul is too far out there.

I think he's just right.

Yeah.
Christie is going for it.
All the signs are there.
Besides the attempted weight loss he's making Conservative noises to get him through the primary and he's perceived as "one of the good Republicans" by people who need to convince themselves of that in order to vote for one.
He's smart, has a good resume, and we're ready for someone who's not inclined to *****foot.
He'd beat Hillary ... assuming she doesn't come up with an excuse to not run ... I think we've already seen what can happen when the media decides which candidate should win and many people will still be feeling the pain ... and she's nowhere near as slick as their last candidate anyway.

Yeah.
All the signs are there.
Besides the attempted weight loss he's making Conservative noises to get him through the primary and he's perceived as "one of the good Republicans" by people who need to convince themselves of that in order to vote for one.
He's smart, has a good resume, and we're ready for someone who's not inclined to *****foot.
He'd beat Hillary ... assuming she doesn't come up with an excuse to not run ... I think we've already seen what can happen when the media decides which candidate should win and many people will still be feeling the pain ... and she's nowhere near as slick as their last candidate anyway.

Insightful, as usual.:thumbs:

The only person qualified on your list is Jeb Bush.
Fairly silly statement. Cuomo and Clinton's resumes in particular match up quite favorably to Bush's.

Evening Bubba,

A lot of Conservatives don't like him, they think he's too emotional. Look at all of the people who turned against him at the end of Romney's campaign. Don't you think that will hurt him?

Yeah.
All the signs are there.

Fairly silly statement. Cuomo and Clinton's resumes in particular match up quite favorably to Bush's.

That's what makes politics great - you're allowed to call my view silly while making an inane statement of your own.

Evening Bubba,

A lot of Conservatives don't like him, they think he's too emotional. Look at all of the people who turned against him at the end of Romney's campaign. Don't you think that will hurt him?

Hi JC ... they didn't like the Obama schmoozing ... but emotional? ... I think they'd welcome some fight in their Presidential candidate for a change and Christie would bring it.

Hey CJ, whenever I hear Jeb Bush's name, I assume his chances wouldn't be good because of Bush fatigue. I think Hillary has an advantage of having Bill on her side, as a lot of people like him for some reason. :) I have the feeling that Bush 1 and 2 would be liabilities.

The only person qualified on your list is Jeb Bush - if the taint of the Clinton name and Hillary's performance in State hasn't harmed her chances, there's no reason to think that the American people would look at Jeb Bush and not see the competent leader with lots of government executive experience and think more about Bush 1 than Bush 2.

I sure hope he runs - he'd be a terrific President.

As a successful two term governor of our third largest state Jeb creates a pretty high hurdle for resume comparison. Christie will be similarly strong by 2016.:cool:

When I say emotional, I don't just mean the Obama thing. He seems like he has a crush on Springsteen and Bon Jovi and did (imo) a horrible video with some entertainment stars that I think was meant to get him some hollywood exposure but seemed to fall really flat. I didn't see his speech at the convention, but heard it was all about him until the end.

Hi JC ... they didn't like the Obama schmoozing ... but emotional? ... I think they'd welcome some fight in their Presidential candidate for a change and Christie would bring it.

Hillary's resume?
You mean Hillary's Job Titles ... I know I can't think of actual positive accomplishments she's achieved as SofS .
Face it ... her tenure as SofS is of note for a dead Ambassador in Benghazi and a burlesque appearance in a Congressional appearance afterwards.

When I say emotional, I don't just mean the Obama thing. He seems like he has a crush on Springsteen and Bon Jovi and did (imo) a horrible video with some entertainment stars that I think was meant to get him some hollywood exposure but seemed to fall really flat. I didn't see his speech at the convention, but heard it was all about him until the end.

Oh ... well he is the Gov of Jersey and the Springsteen thing falls easily into helping the "one of the good Republicans" ethos.

That's what makes politics great - you're allowed to call my view silly while making an inane statement of your own.
Hardly inane. To label Bush as the only qualified individual on the list above would indicate that Gubernatorial experience in addition to a short stint as Commerce Secretary handily outweighs, in the case of Cuomo, cabinet level experience in addition to being both Attorney General and Governor of a State slightly more populous and arguably more prominent on a National Scale. O'Malley's resume as both a two term Mayor and Governor of a prominent city and state would also match up favorably.

Hey CJ, whenever I hear Jeb Bush's name, I assume his chances wouldn't be good because of Bush fatigue. I think Hillary has an advantage of having Bill on her side, as a lot of people like him for some reason. :) I have the feeling that Bush 1 and 2 would be liabilities.

Good morning JC - hope you're doing well these days. As time passes, people forget the irrational hatred they had for former Presidents during the times they served. Just look at Bush 1 - people now fondly remember having a well rounded, experienced, statesman in the White House and not so much the flip on no new taxes. Bush 2 is also less reviled at this point. The Bush name will never draw in the hard-core liberal wingers and elites, but it will draw back much of the conservative middle and the independents who are mostly from the right.

Hardly inane. To label Bush as the only qualified individual on the list above would indicate that Gubernatorial experience in addition to a short stint as Commerce Secretary handily outweighs, in the case of Cuomo, cabinet level experience in addition to being both Attorney General and Governor of a State slightly more populous and arguably more prominent on a National Scale. O'Malley's resume as both a two term Mayor and Governor of a prominent city and state would also match up favorably.

Actually, you could through any Democrat into the ring in either New York or Maryland and they'd get elected Governor - and Clinton had to run to New York to get elected to the Senate and ran a terrible primary campaign for President - those aren't big accomplishments. And when was the last time you had a President elected from either of those states. Cuomo's father was much more accomplished and got nowhere in a run for President and half of O'Malley's family probably doesn't recognize who he is. Bush, on the other hand, has both successful experience and instant name recognition, he's a southern ex-Governor, always a plus, and he has an hispanic wife and beautiful, fun family. He's just the kind of person people gravitate to.

But my opinion is no more valid than yours. It'll be fun to watch.

Actually, you could through any Democrat into the ring in either New York or Maryland and they'd get elected Governor -
and Clinton had to run to New York to get elected to the Senate and ran a terrible primary campaign for President -
those aren't big accomplishments. And when was the last time you had a President elected from either of those states. Cuomo's father was much more accomplished and got nowhere in a run for President and half of O'Malley's family probably doesn't recognize who he is. Bush, on the other hand, has both successful experience and instant name recognition, he's a southern ex-Governor, always a plus, and he has an hispanic wife and beautiful, fun family. He's just the kind of person people gravitate to.

But my opinion is no more valid than yours. It'll be fun to watch.

Against Obama, Hillary was up against inevitability.
Why?
Because race trumped gender and all his other baggage ... as well as the thinnest of resumes.
How do we know this?
Consider this actual episode during the Democrat Primary & ask yourself if any other candidate could have avoided a charge of sexism.
Remember?

obama - clinton - new hampshire.jpg

I would like to see Hillary run but I think the next election should be a fresh face or someone new.

I can just see Billy now, ****ing everything in the Lincoln Bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom