• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2016 Democratic National Convention

Gonna see if Bernie can sell me on Hillary. That's a helluva tough sell.

I don't know if he can say anything to convince me to vote for her.

I hate her pick for veep. That kind of pissed me off. But the truth is, I didn't want her to pick Warren to that useless position. I want Warren as AG.

Bernie has done so much for the party and thanks to his working hard on the Democratic platform making it the most progressive in Democratic party history and also thanks to the wikileak emails of the DNC... Bernie may very well just have finally killed the remnants of that Goddamn DLC wing of the Democratic Party. All's it takes to pretty much finish it off at this point is for Debbie Wasserman Schultz to lose her primary and for Donna Brazille to also step down from the Democratic National Committee and into political oblivion where she belongs.

Bernie is going to get a HUGE say in who next takes over as head of the DNC. I like what he's done for the party. He's definitely changing it from within.

Last edited:
I hate her pick for veep. That kind of pissed me off. But the truth is, I didn't want her to pick Warren to that useless position. I want Warren as AG.

Bernie has done so much for the party ad thanks to his working hard on the Democratic platform making it the most progressive in Democratic party history and also thanks to the wikileak emails of the DNC... Bernie may very well just have finally killed the remnants of that Goddamn DLC wing of the Democratic Party. All's it takes to pretty much finish it off at this point is for Debbie Wasserman Schultz to lose her primary and for Donna Brazille to also step down from the Democratic National Committee and into political oblivion where she belongs.

Bernie is going to get a HUGE say in who next takes over as head of the DNC. I like what he's done for the party. He's definitely changing it from within.
What is the progressive vision? Im not a moderate by any means but i dont really fit into either party. I agree and disagree with both sides on a varity of issues. When i look at progressive positions it i get the impression youball want to be everything to everyone. I think thats nobel but i struggle to see how its possible.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

The conventions only go to show how like sheep some people are and how useless the media interviews are as everyone is coached to lie on every question. We desperately need a third party and a new method of electing them.

Bernie has done so much for the party and thanks to his working hard on the Democratic platform making it the most progressive in Democratic party history and also thanks to the wikileak emails of the DNC... Bernie may very well just have finally killed the remnants of that Goddamn DLC wing of the Democratic Party. All's it takes to pretty much finish it off at this point is for Debbie Wasserman Schultz to lose her primary and for Donna Brazille to also step down from the Democratic National Committee and into political oblivion where she belongs.

I think you are overestimating Sander's control over what actually happens. Its one thing for the party to say they will do something, and another for them to actually do it. Sanders will be sent out to the farm as soon as they can make it feasible. The DNC has no interest of changing, and these scandals will be forgotten by January.

I think you are overestimating Sander's control over what actually happens. Its one thing for the party to say they will do something, and another for them to actually do it. Sanders will be sent out to the farm as soon as they can make it feasible. The DNC has no interest of changing, and these scandals will be forgotten by January.

Perhaps. We'll see.

Perhaps. We'll see.

Its like the Republicans cheering gay people at their convention and then spending the next 4 years trying to ban them from being married.

Its like the Republicans cheering gay people at their convention and then spending the next 4 years trying to ban them from being married.

This is when reality is stranger than fiction.

Nobody is listening to the speakers. Just chanting against the DNC. Perhaps Demi Lovato should just do a full concert?

Yay, illegal immigrants!

Nobody is listening to the speakers. Just chanting against the DNC. Perhaps Demi Lovato should just do a full concert?

She said that she suffered from mental illness, which is pretty obvious when you listen to her songs.

You know, if you want to talk about the plight of illegal immigrants/try to make people sympathetic to them, having the speech in Spanish doesn't seem like a good idea. Do have to like wonks, "speaking Spanish reaches out to latinos!" That just seems...really insulting Hispanic folk.

(if anything, they should be much smarter...because they aren't Americans =p).

You know, if you want to talk about the plight of illegal immigrants/try to make people sympathetic to them, having the speech in Spanish doesn't seem like a good idea. Do have to like wonks, "speaking Spanish reaches out to latinos!" That just seems...really insulting Hispanic folk.

(if anything, they should be much smarter...because they aren't Americans =p).
Yeah, it reminds me of when I went to an insurance convention and then one of the White attendees started speaking in Jive slang to one of the Black individuals. I wanted to just burst out laughing but I couldn't because I was cringing too hard.

Line up speakers for tonight:

Al Franken
Cory Booker
Elizabeth Warren
Bernie Sanders
Sarah Silverman

SARAH SILVERMAN???....I luv her.

And then to keep up with the GOP there's going to be a slew of soap opera stars that will speak also.

Last edited:
The masses are cheering. All 18 of them. This is lame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al Franken's speech is reminiscent to Clint Eastwood's babbling. It's cute how they all talk about her "values" and "honesty," in light of everything from the Clinton Foundation...to WhiteWater...to Benghazi...to the email server...and now Debbie Wasserman-Crook.

I mean...I guess the liberals can all fellate her because she's "not Trump," or she's "on their side," but to speak of her being honest is to speak of Obama as being whiter than Dick Cheney.

Al Franken's speech is reminiscent to Clint Eastwood's babbling. It's cute how they all talk about her "values" and "honesty," in light of everything from the Clinton Foundation...to WhiteWater...to Benghazi...to the email server...and now Debbie Wasserman-Crook.

I mean...I guess the liberals can all fellate her because she's "not Trump," or she's "on their side," but to speak of her being honest is to speak of Obama as being whiter than Dick Cheney.

In spite of all her faults...Hillary just seems genuinely happier and more positive than Trump the Grump's doom and gloom. :)

In spite of all her faults...Hillary just seems genuinely happier and more positive than Trump the Grump's doom and gloom. :)
Absolutely. What's she supposed to do? React negatively to that massive albatross that's hanging around her neck?

The problem is...more people relate to the "doom and gloom" to Hillary's "look how wonderful I am!"

Absolutely. What's she supposed to do? React negatively to that massive albatross that's hanging around her neck?

The problem is...more people relate to the "doom and gloom" to Hillary's "look how wonderful I am!"
Yeah, that is a problem. A lot of that has to do with only five people owning most of the media and controlling the national dialogue.

Hillary reminds of Mrs. Partridge from the Partridge Family. "Come on get happy...."

What is the progressive vision? Im not a moderate by any means but i dont really fit into either party. I agree and disagree with both sides on a varity of issues. When i look at progressive positions it i get the impression youball want to be everything to everyone. I think thats nobel but i struggle to see how its possible.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

One of my friends posted this on FB Friday morning after the RNC.

"On Monday, our own convention begins, where we’ll reveal our values. We’ve built the most progressive Democratic platform in history, which calls for affordable health care, affordable college, a fair wage, strengthening LGBT, labor, and reproductive rights, criminal justice reform, and the explicit acknowledgment that black lives do matter."

My response: Aside from the LGBT issue, how is this progressive? Weren't we doing this before the Clinton era? And please stop with the "black lives matter". How can we eliminate racism and segregation when we continue to label ourselves? I'm doing more than simply acknowledging that.

BLM isn't a political platform. The politicians are going to support it because it's non-invasive and they become a monster in the public eye if they don't. I question who truly believes in it.

Dissect that statement.
She's stating nothing.

I found this article later within this forum but never posted it on our FB convo because I immediately felt I was talking to a wall.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings/
I don't like to cry diversion without stats to back it up. Thanks Washington Post.

Tirelessly searching for anyone who is willing and able to intelligently discuss why I should consider voting for Hillary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's going through dementia, she if often confused, which is why she randomly smiles and barks like a dog.

Back
Top Bottom