• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2012 Presidential Election -Who are you voting for?

Who are you voting for?

• Democratic- President Barack Obama, IL

Votes: 76 32.1%
  • Republican- Governor Mitt Romney, MA

Votes: 107 45.1%
  • Libertarian- Governor Gary Johnson, NM

Votes: 32 13.5%
  • Green- Jill Stein, MA

Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Constitution- Congressman Virgil Goode, VA

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Peace & Freedom- Rosanne Barr, HI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Justice- Mayor Rocky Anderson, UT

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Write in- Congressman Ron Paul, TX

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Refusing to Vote

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the makeout hobo

Rockin' In The Free World
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Delete this thread if It's already been made, but...

Who are you casting your presidential vote for?

Damn you :p. Got a response before I had the poll up.

Delete this thread if It's already been made, but...

Who are you casting your presidential vote for?

Delete nothing, let's just sticky this so a poll isn't made like this every couple weeks.

Awesome! That means I've made this thread two elections and counting!

Obama Obama Obama Obama Obama

Still undecided. Leaning Obama. Voted for McCain last time.

I'm not telling. You'll have to guess.

Gary Johnson, The People's President!
Let's Get Gary on TV

GaryJohnsonProfilePic.jpg

Gary Johnson in politics:

Gary Johnson is one of the most popular presidential candidates for the United States this year. He is the candidate of the Libertarian National Convention and has been the Republican Governor of New Mexico twice. Having set up a construction company in the year 1976, which has been growing ever since and has turned into a multi-million enterprise, he is best known for his libertarian-minded conservativeness and for his noticeable activity in libertarian causes which include marijuana legalization. He has strong views about a variety of political issues that he openly addresses the public with.
Johnson believes that the US is nearing an economic collapse similar to that experienced by Russia in 1998. Balancing the budget is the solution posed by him. He advocates cutting the government spending, cutting taxes and reducing the role played by the federal government in the economy. The budget must be balanced by cutting down on defense and entitlement. Johnson opposes TARP and wishes to put an end to companies like Fannie Mae. Also, he wishes to eliminate the present tax system and replace it with a national sales tax called FairTax.

Gary Johnson is in support of the state and religion. He wants to legalize and regulate prostitution to make it safer. He strongly is in support of the policies advocated by the Equal Rights Amendment. Also, Johnson believes that it is a woman’s right to select on abortion until the fetus is viable. The decision must be left in the hands of the mother. He condemns homosexual marriage, tagging it as ‘offensive’. Johnson is a proponent of the death penalty and thinks that it is flawed as a public policy. In his view, a large portion of crimes are related to drugs and legalizing drugs will solve half of these crimes. Violence against government employees is not tolerated by him at any cost. Marijuana is thought to be safer than alcohol by him and he wishes to legalize it, along with the provision of drugs like methadone and heroin at local stores.

Johnson is a strong believer in education but wishes to keep out involvement of the federal government. Student loans are to be abolished, along with Departments of Education and HUD. Educational funds must be under the control of those using them. As far as energy consumption is concerned, Johnson advocates alternative energy and nuclear power. He refuses to accept cap-and-trade and wishes to provide incentives by the federation for energy.

With his intellectual views and fresh ideas, Gary Johnson holds quite a good chance. His reforms will transform the country quite significantly. There is much to look forward in his political policies indeed.

originally posted on Ron Paul R(evolution) SF

Still undecided. Leaning Obama. Voted for McCain last time.

And you are the only person in the United States of America that can claim that.

With Gov Romney's selection of Congressman Ryan, I was leaning towards voting for him. However, I can't for the life of me vote for a guy who A) Would commit us to another war with /insert unstable, chemically enabled (allegedly), Middle Eastern country here/. B) Flops around on abortion. C) Does not present himself as a unifying figure for the Congress
D) Advocates against SSM (its a freedom thing for me). For me, its a given that he and Ryan would work hard to make the economy better. Although no POTUS can do it himself despite popular belief. That is why foreign policy and social issues are what I'm basing my vote off of. I am tired of the war mongering. Its a big issue to me for obvious reasons. I have to fight in said wars. As far as abortion, I don't believe rape should be a reason for it. I do believe incest or mortal/extremely debilitating health concerns for the mother or child are reasons for it. I would love to see a candidate that addresses our divided Congress. If President Clinton could do the things he did in office, then Gov Romney should be able to. He has the experience to do so. Yet he doesn't speak of unifying nor focusing the Congress on issues instead of each other. Finally, the SSM view is self explanatory.
So, with all that being said, I will be writing in Congressman Ron Paul.

If you like the biggest tax increase in the history of this country vote for Obama....

If you like the biggest tax increase in the history of this country vote for Obama....

Not true. With the exception his policy of letting the Bush Tax Cuts expire for the very wealthy, Obama has not raised taxes, nor does he plan on raising taxes. The stimulus actually contained several tax breaks. Federal taxes right now are lower than they've been for the clear majority of post-war history.

Gary Johnson, The People's President!
Let's Get Gary on TV

View attachment 67132955

Gary Johnson in politics:

Gary Johnson is one of the most popular presidential candidates for the United States this year. He is the candidate of the Libertarian National Convention and has been the Republican Governor of New Mexico twice. Having set up a construction company in the year 1976, which has been growing ever since and has turned into a multi-million enterprise, he is best known for his libertarian-minded conservativeness and for his noticeable activity in libertarian causes which include marijuana legalization. He has strong views about a variety of political issues that he openly addresses the public with.
Johnson believes that the US is nearing an economic collapse similar to that experienced by Russia in 1998. Balancing the budget is the solution posed by him. He advocates cutting the government spending, cutting taxes and reducing the role played by the federal government in the economy. The budget must be balanced by cutting down on defense and entitlement. Johnson opposes TARP and wishes to put an end to companies like Fannie Mae. Also, he wishes to eliminate the present tax system and replace it with a national sales tax called FairTax.

Gary Johnson is in support of the state and religion. He wants to legalize and regulate prostitution to make it safer. He strongly is in support of the policies advocated by the Equal Rights Amendment. Also, Johnson believes that it is a woman’s right to select on abortion until the fetus is viable. The decision must be left in the hands of the mother. He condemns homosexual marriage, tagging it as ‘offensive’. Johnson is a proponent of the death penalty and thinks that it is flawed as a public policy. In his view, a large portion of crimes are related to drugs and legalizing drugs will solve half of these crimes. Violence against government employees is not tolerated by him at any cost. Marijuana is thought to be safer than alcohol by him and he wishes to legalize it, along with the provision of drugs like methadone and heroin at local stores.

Johnson is a strong believer in education but wishes to keep out involvement of the federal government. Student loans are to be abolished, along with Departments of Education and HUD. Educational funds must be under the control of those using them. As far as energy consumption is concerned, Johnson advocates alternative energy and nuclear power. He refuses to accept cap-and-trade and wishes to provide incentives by the federation for energy.

With his intellectual views and fresh ideas, Gary Johnson holds quite a good chance. His reforms will transform the country quite significantly. There is much to look forward in his political policies indeed.

originally posted on Ron Paul R(evolution) SF

Ever heard of Ross Perot?

Anyone pay any attention to the GOP primary race? Still think your vote counts? I used to until this year. How naive of me. You are voting for Wall Street if you vote Dem. or Rep. So whats a sane person to do? Move to Haiti with Wyclef.

Ahh, how I wish Ron Paul or Gary Johnson could win... Don't feel like throwing away my vote, so imma vote for Romney... I know that is bad to do, but I just don't want Obama again...

I'm voting for Romney right now mainly as a vote against Obama.

If you're one of the 1%, and rightly so. But if you're middle class, Romney is the one that will give you the tax increase.

Boy, they brainwash them good, there at Faux News.

Considering this is a right-leaning Forum, I guess Obama isn't doing so bad. It's almost like the Rasmussen Poll! LOL!

I'm torn between President Obama and Stewart Alexander. :shrug:

Don't know if it really matters, seeing as I live in Wyoming. But, sad as it is, I've got two issues I vote on-- and I think I actually trust Obama more than Romney on both of them.

I might vote for Johnson. Don't agree with him on everything, and certainly not on philosophy, but he's closer than the two the main parties are fronting.

Im voting for Obama to save the middle class....I voted for McCain the last time for the same reason..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom