• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2012 Poll for those who do not want to vote for Obama [again]....

Who would you most likely support?

• Ron Paul

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Sarah Palin

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Bobby Jindal

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Mike Huckabee

• Jeb Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Ryan

• Other conservative or libertarian candidate

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Yes, I know we've had many of these polls, but we haven't had one for awhile.

Who would you support in 2012?

Obama :mrgreen:

I've liked Huckabee for quite some time, if he can minimize the Bible-thumping.

I say Paul Ryan. He seems to be one who understands common sense. I need to read more about Gary Johnson. He sounds like a good one too.

Last edited:
Is this poll supposed to be intended for people who voted for Obama?

Ron Paul would be the best choice of the ones up there.

Is this poll supposed to be intended for people who voted for Obama?

Could be. Only those who don't want to vote for Obama in 2012.

If it is Obama versus any of those, I would vote Obama.

Out of that list I'd probably have an easy choice unless it was Palin, who I have issues with, or Johnson and Jeb, as I know little about either atm.

Don't know if I could pick a favorite. I like a lot of Ron Paul's views and voted for him in the primary, but don't think he'd have a legitimate shot at all of winning. I like Huckabee a lot but he's just a bit too crazy fundy for me at times. Ryan seems like a very interesting sleeper candidate. Jindal I was down on from his Republican response but heard him a few times talking about the oil spill and really liked him. Gingrich and Romney I think are both sound and could give Obama a good fight.

My vote will not count anyway, so I'll just vote for whatever third party candidate is on the ticket.

Could be. Only those who don't want to vote for Obama in 2012.

Ok, the [Again] tag in the title made me think it was geared to people who had voted for Obama. As for me, I chose Gingrich. I think he's very intelligent, articulate, and could have a shot at beating Obama.

Yes, I know we've had many of these polls, but we haven't had one for awhile.

Who would you support in 2012?

I picked other conservative or libertarian. Tom Tancredo. Duncan Hunter and Sam Brownback would be my other choices.

I found this old quiz, It might give people an idea who comes close to their views even though some of these guys may not be running in 2012.
Presidential Candidate Matching Quiz 2008

It's a really big shame that Paul Ryan has said he will not run. Someone ought to beat him over the head until he changes his mind, because he would win the nomination in a heartbeat.

Otherwise, of the choices up there, I'd probably go for Gingrich. There are some potentially good choices not listed there though, like Mitch Daniels and Tim Pawlenty. Don't know much about what I or anyone else will do now though; it's almost two whole years away, after all.

My vote will not count anyway, so I'll just vote for whatever third party candidate is on the ticket.

In what sense does it not count? Do you mean 1. because of its insignificance, 2. because you live in Chicago, or 3. because Obama's homestate will go for Obama anyways? Or 4. other?

It's a really big shame that Paul Ryan has said he will not run. Someone ought to beat him over the head until he changes his mind, because he would win the nomination in a heartbeat.

He said he wouldn't run? Hm. His Facebook messages sound like a campaign already....

Jeb Bush has also said no to 2012.

He said he wouldn't run? Hm. His Facebook messages sound like a campaign already....

Palin Favorite Paul Ryan Rules Out 2012 Run for President - The Note

"I'll give you as Shermanesque a quote as I can," said Ryan. "I am not going to run for president. I'm just not going to do it. My head's not that big, and my kids are too small.”

Unfortunately, he made it pretty clear and definitive. That's more than most politicians would do.

Jeb Bush has also said no to 2012.

Yeah, Jeb Bush is a big definite no thank you. Not because he'd be a bad president, but there is no way we are going to elect a third Bush, especially after what happened to the first two. It won't and frankly shouldn't happen.

In what sense does it not count? Do you mean 1. because of its insignificance, 2. because you live in Chicago, or 3. because Obama's homestate will go for Obama anyways? Or 4. other?

All of the above.

The "other" portion is because individual votes for Prez are worthless in every instance where the state is solidly in favor of one candidate.

My vote would be just as worthless in Texas, which will definitely be "red" in 2012 as it will be in Illinois.

In "purple" states, they become slightly less worthless, but they are still pretty much worthless. With the stranglehold of the two-party system, all votes are worthless in the long run.

Last edited:
I like Gary Johnson too but the problem with Gary Johnson is a similar problem Ron Paul has. Rather than not support something on a free market or nonaggression principle, he'll politicize it and try to make himself seem righteous and morally superior.

Ron Paul has my vote, if he wins the primaries.

Paul can't win. He's too weird. Romney is the country's only hope. He would fix the econ etc in a year.

Paul can't win. He's too weird. Romney is the country's only hope. He would fix the econ etc in a year.

He's too weird? Why? Because his arguments actually use logic rather than politics?

No one I see there that I would pick.

Back
Top Bottom