• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2012 - Here we come!

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Who do you think will run? Who do you hope will run?

I think Mike Pence and Steve King will run. I'd like to hear more from both of them.

Who do you think will run? Who do you hope will run?

I think Mike Pence and Steve King will run. I'd like to hear more from both of them.

Who are they?

Congressmen from IN and IA, respectively.

Honestly there really is no big front runner for the Republicans. The one that has the best shot is Romney and he has to deal with MassCare. Well that and the fact he is Mormon, but after Paul winning with what ever the hell he is, Romney may have a shot.

from Mellie

I did rather like the first six books that King wrote. Since then ... not so much.

I agree with soccerboy, that the republicans don't have a big front runner at the moment. In my opinion, they are going to have a very hard time beating Obama in 2012 with the current crop of likely candidates. Unless someone new appears on the scene, and soon, it's going to be tough hill to climb for the republicans.

The person I'd like to see throw his hat into the ring is New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. If not him, we need someone like Paul Ryan or Eric Cantor to run.

Seven years ago I had hoped that Petraeus would run in 2012. However, now I suspect he will be too busy.

I agree with soccerboy, that the republicans don't have a big front runner at the moment. In my opinion, they are going to have a very hard time beating Obama in 2012 with the current crop of likely candidates. Unless someone new appears on the scene, and soon, it's going to be tough hill to climb for the republicans.

The person I'd like to see throw his hat into the ring is New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. If not him, we need someone like Paul Ryan or Eric Cantor to run.

Honestly I think the Republicans should focus more on getting the Senate and keeping the majority in the House rather than the White House. Especially if they don't have a clear candidate who can take the Presidency from either President Obama or Secretary Clinton. I would just advise against wasting money on a more hopeless cause and focus on more realistic goals like taking Congress.

Another fun question: Who do you think will be the first Republican to announce (either a formal declaration of candidacy or an exploratory committee) and when do you think it will happen?

Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't already done it. :lol:

Christie could be a good one. I really think it would be beneficial to go with a governor, but I guess the "congressman curse" would have its best shot of being broken yet again considering it'd be rather hypocritical for Obama to push lack of executive experience due to being a legislator.

Paul Ryan looks really, really interesting.

I'm sure people, especially some of the more partisans, will start pushing Rubio as the flavor of the month. And while I think he could be a great potential contender I think 2012 is way to soon for him. IF the Republicans don't take the white house in 2012 he could be a legit and worth while 2016 challenger.

I really, REALLY like Paul Ryan, but he's said that his kids are too young for him to run for President this time around.

Another fun question: Who do you think will be the first Republican to announce (either a formal declaration of candidacy or an exploratory committee) and when do you think it will happen?

Honestly, I'm surprised someone hasn't already done it. :lol:

One of the lesser-known ones, I bet. Maybe before the end of the year?

One of the lesser-known ones, I bet. Maybe before the end of the year?

I think it'll happen by next week at the latest. If I recall correctly, Tom Vilsack announced a presidential bid the day after the midterm elections in 2006, and a few others did the same in the following weeks.

I think it'll happen by next week at the latest. If I recall correctly, Tom Vilsack announced a presidential bid the day after the midterm elections in 2006, and a few others did the same in the following weeks.

Tom who?

'nuf said...lol.

I feel quite sure Romney will run and I think he has a good chance of winning the Republican Primary. I'd still love to see Palin run though.

Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan seem like good options. I don't care what her detractors say; Sarah Palin is still a possibility...as a VP.

from Chevydriver

I want Ron Paul to run again

Oh my heavens. A ticket of Ron Paul and Sarah Palin is enough to cause me to faint dead away with hope and ecstasy. Oh please let it be ... please please please.

from Chevydriver

Oh my heavens. A ticket of Ron Paul and Sarah Palin is enough to cause me to faint dead away with hope and ecstasy. Oh please let it be ... please please please.

Dr. Paul wouldnt run with someone who is the direct opposite when it comes the foreign policy

Maybe Rubio or Paul Jr will get a chance in 2016.

from Chevydriver

Ron Paul and Sarah Palin are pretty much opposites, well at least in terms of foreign policy.

from soccerboy

Ron Paul and Sarah Palin are pretty much opposites, well at least in terms of foreign policy.

One difference. Now look at the laundry list regarding economic policy where they are virtual twins. But lets say you are right. Isn't balance on the ticket a good thing?

Please give us a ticket of Palin and Paul..... it would be historic.

Marco Rubio and Paul Ryan seem like good options. I don't care what her detractors say; Sarah Palin is still a possibility...as a VP.

Palin has to be the top of the ticket. I'm hoping that she'll decide to run. She is a shoo-in for the nomination.

Hmm. GOP predicting massive victory in 2012. Wasn't that when the world was supposed to end?

from soccerboy

One difference. Now look at the laundry list regarding economic policy where they are virtual twins. But lets say you are right. Isn't balance on the ticket a good thing?

Please give us a ticket of Palin and Paul..... it would be historic.

No. Ron Paul would never run with Sarah Palin. It would not be a functioning ticket at all.

Back
Top Bottom