• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2012 Acceptance: Obama vs The Headlines

I read that article and it was a complete waste of time

It's full of the usual far left false premises. The Obama Administration has been spending at TARP levels for almost 4 years.

TARP was supposed to be a one time expenditure. Obama's budgets have been laughed out of WA and the Democratically controlled Senate hasn't passed a budget since before the IPAD hit the market.

You've been brainwashed by a cult of Hope and Change

1) I didn't vote for Obama
2) I'm voting for Johnson
3) You completely failed to explain why it was a waste of time
4) The executive branch does not spend money
5) Tarp was never a one time expenditure, but a length commitment to the financial industry
6) Obama's budgets are a joke. But Obama's budgets are far more realistic then Ryan's. Ryan's budget counts on employment hitting levels we haven't seen in a long time and then never changing. Ever.

Think for a change. It seems all you are capable of doing is parroting.

the new republic, venerable voice of elite liberal analysis since woodrow wilson:

Watching President Obama give his nomination speech last night, it occurred to me for the first time that he might actually lose.

Rereading the speech this morning, I find that it wasn’t as bad as it sounded. It lacked poetry, but it managed a reasonable balance between acknowledging that the economy stinks, asserting that we’re on the right track, and pointing out that the Romney presidency would make things worse for everyone but the rich. But the speech still possessed several glaring faults.

TNR: Obama's Effortful Humblebrag and Uninspiring Speech

obama avoided the topic of health care, for example, his signature achievement

the lugubrious libs at walter lippmann's monthly wanted to see ahab-obama brag on it the way julian castro, son of la raza rosie, did---7 presidents tried, 7 presidents failed

dodd-frank---ditto, denied

timothy noah craves franklin deficit roosevelt, a little reassurance that "everything is going to be fine"

gonna be?

unless you work for govt, it already is

Obama: "The Private Sector Is Doing Fine" | RealClearPolitics

where ya been?

instead, the lib laments, everything is so difficult

obama---i won't pretend it's gonna be easy, i never have, you didn't elect me to tell you what you wanna hear, but the truth instead...

and the truth is---it's gonna be hard, it's gonna be long

"we're dangerously close to jimmy carter territory here," observes the opus

we wince at the lincoln-on-his-knees imagery

"just because our greatest president was a bit depressive, that doesn’t mean we want the present one to lacerate himself over his failures, and we certainly don’t want to hear him tell us about it"

"the mention of fdr only served to remind us of how different, temperamentally, obama is from the happy warrior"

an irritating combination of bill clinton's "era of big govt is over" and jimmy carter malaise

we need a president who can cheer US up, not one whom we need to cheer HIM up

we chafe at obama's attempt to lay the credit at our feet

obamacare, yes, we're proud

gay marriage, great

but don't try to lay at OUR feet the responsibility for middle class incomes being down 5%, for more than half of the few jobs created coming from the poorest paying sectors

and we bristle at any association of being responsible for "obama's own subdued state of mind"

he can't afford to "outsource his optimism"

Years ago, I took my daughter Alice to see a rope-tricks demonstration. The guy who did it was very good. But he came very near to spoiling it by telling us, as he performed the tricks, how very difficult they were. It was like hearing Fred Astaire say that his feet were killing him. I later explained to Alice that part of doing something well should be disguising, or at least minimizing, how difficult it is. Obama’s speech reminded me of that rope-trick guy. Don’t tell me how hard it is. I already know that. Make me feel that you have the confidence to get it done, and make that confidence contagious. That’s what Obama’s having trouble doing, and if he doesn’t get better at it soon the results could be catastrophic for him and for the entire country.

do you disagree?

Obama: 'You'll Love Me Even More' | Video

see ap fact check above

and just wait til you hear what bob woodward has to say about that 4T in his "the price of politics" out tuesday

obama was in IA and NH yesterday, FL today

at least his last 10 stumps have occurred at colleges

You would think that after the fact checkers have shown that he is lying, he would stop...but nooo.

Back
Top Bottom