• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2010 Midterm Results Discussion

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Will keep this updated till I go to bed. Rather than have 20 threads on results, hoping to keep them here. Posting this then putting first results up.

Senate:

Paul(R) wins in Ky
DeMint(R) wins in S.C.
Leahy(D) in Vermont
Portman(R) in Ohio
Rubio(R) in FLA
Ayotte(R) in NH
SHelby(R) in Alabama
Mikulski(D) in Maryland
Isaakson(R) in Georgia
Coons(D) in Delaware
Burr(R) in NC
Blumenthal(D) in Conn
Coats(R) in Indianan
Boozman(R) in Arkansas
Manchin(D) in WVa
Coburn(R) in Oklahoma
Gillibrandt(D) in NY
Schumer(D) in NY
Thune(R) in SD
Hoevan(R) in ND
Moran(R) in Kansas
Vitter(R) in LA
Blunt(R) in Miss
McCain(R) in Arizona
Grassley(R) in Iowa
Johnson(R) in Wisconson
Boxer(D) in Cali
Wyden(D) in Oregon
Crapo(R) in Idaho
Inouye(D) in Hawaii
Toomey(R) in Penn
Kirk(R) in Ill
Reid(D) in Nevada
Lee(R) in Utah
Toomey(R) in Penn

House:

185 dems
239 repubs

Governors:

15 dems
27 repubs
1 Independent

Using Election Results : CBSNews.com to track results as it looks easiest to grab results from.

Last edited:
Results up to date as of 7:15 est

Some too close to call yet:

Rubio(R) has a 2 % lead atm
NH and Georgia has way too foo returns yet to judge(NH the vote is 7 to 5 votes)

Portman projected to win Ohio

Interesting note that CBS News just twitted: Among men, republicans have a 12 % lead in exit polling, among women dems have a 1 % lead.

I am pretty sure the Democrat that is the incumbent in my old district in SC is going to lose tonight. He was a pretty nice guy. Had a few lunches of me when I was in my internship in DC.

it looks like Reid will hang on unfortunately,

Fox News just called Florida for Rubio, and Coons for Delaware.

But those were pretty easy ones

Last edited:
Fox News just called Florida for Rubio, and Coons for Delaware.

Keep these coming too in case I miss one. Got workers here at house, so getting distracted at times. Think I am up to date on senate in OP, updating house and govs now.

Keep these coming too in case I miss one. Got workers here at house, so getting distracted at times. Think I am up to date on senate in OP, updating house and govs now.

So far, there have been no surprises in the senate races. They've called some more, and I'll try to post them in a bit.

Added Shelby and Mikulski as projected winners.

Random note about the coverage....

The guy on fox talking about whose winning what seats in front of the big video screen just acknowledged the Tea Party began as a grass roots movement in support of Ron Paul. Neat :)

Added Isakson.

We have two TVs. One on CNN and another on MSNBC. We are getting a third for Fox. It is so freaking hard to understand what people are saying with three different channels going at the same time...

Fox News has called in the senate races:

Ayotte (R) in New Hampshire
Isakson (R) in Georgia
Mikulski (D) in Maryland
DeMint (R) in South Carolina

Think I got all those Grim, and NBC is calling Coons in Delaware, which I think we all knew was going to happen.

I'm just going to post them... Takes too long to back-track.

Please do keep posting them.

Just a reminder that the average midterm turnover is 28 seats in the House and 4 seats in the Senate. Determining how well Republicans did will be by how much more than that they get.

Polls close in 10 states in 10 minutes

Burr(R) in NC projected to win.

Back
Top Bottom