• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2010 fantasy football

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Are we going to do it again this year?

Let me know when you get it set up man. If it wasn't for Hugh getting lucky at the end, the title should have been mine.

Everyone who joins should look over the league rules and scoring system.

If there is something you feel should be changed, then speak up before the draft (the draft date is not set in stone, and may change according to what works best for the most members of the league)

Once the draft occurs, no rules will be changed. So if one doesn't speak up right away, they renounce their right to whine like hell over the rules later.

Everyone who joins should look over the league rules and scoring system.

If there is something you feel should be changed, then speak up before the draft (the draft date is not set in stone, and may change according to what works best for the most members of the league)

Once the draft occurs, no rules will be changed. So if one doesn't speak up right away, they renounce their right to whine like hell over the rules later.

Is this an open invite or do you already have a set group?

Message posted regarding scoring and draft date/time.

And for the record Crip, I had the highest point total for the league. You won the regular season matchups when I had off weeks, but I won when it mattered most. The best team won, period.

Message posted regarding scoring and draft date/time.

I'm putting the vote for the kicking rule change you proposed to a vote here, Hugh:

For evryone in the league:

Yes or no: Should kickers receive negative points for missed kicks?

Hugh votes "no" and I vote "yes".

I'm putting the vote for the kicking rule change you proposed to a vote here, Hugh:

Yes...........

And for the record Crip, I had the highest point total for the league. You won the regular season matchups when I had off weeks, but I won when it mattered most. The best team won, period.

IIRC, Stephen Jackson was a game time decision when we had our title match and he sat out costing me the points I would have needed to win. I had like a 2-3 game cushion in our division, and I missed the first round or 2 of the draft to boot. You got lucky.

As for the missed FGs, I say -3 for anything under 30 yds, -2 for 30-40, -1 for 41-50, no penalty for attempts for 50+, and any 50+ FG should receive 4 pts instead of 3.

IIRC, Stephen Jackson was a game time decision when we had our title match and he sat out costing me the points I would have needed to win. I had like a 2-3 game cushion in our division, and I missed the first round or 2 of the draft to boot. You got lucky.

As for the missed FGs, I say -3 for anything under 30 yds, -2 for 30-40, -1 for 41-50, no penalty for attempts for 50+, and any 50+ FG should receive 4 pts instead of 3.

Here's what it currently is:

Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4
Field Goals 50+ Yards 5
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -4
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards -2
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -1

Right now we have three in favor of negative points (although you seem to want an alteration) We'll see how th erest of teh votes swing before making any changes.

I would say yes if it is under 40 yards

Right now we have three in favor of negative points (although you seem to want an alteration) We'll see how th erest of teh votes swing before making any changes.

Once the rules are set, its all good...rules is rules...

I think it should go down like:

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -4
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -2
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards -1

Identical records, but a 133 point difference between us and I got lucky? LOL

I like missed kicks taking away. I also like WI's suggestion so its not a HUGE of a hit. I'd like to see:

Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3
Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3
Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3
Field Goals 40-49 Yards 3
Field Goals 50+ Yards 4
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards -3
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards -2
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards -1
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards -0
Point After Attempt Made 1
Point After Attempt Missed -1

Alternatively to balance it if you'd want I'd say make 0-19 yard field goals 2 points.

Also, are we doing PPR?

If not, could we do PPR? :)

Back
Top Bottom