• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2010-2011 NHL Thread

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Since Hockey starts this week, I figure I get the ball rolling. Devils are Atlantic champs, have a new head coach and plugged all their holes. This time we go all the way.

God I hope the Bruins don't implode like they did last year.

I'm really excited about this upcoming season. The Thrashers have a good coaching staff now, and solid goaltending, and our defense should be vastly improved from last year. The only thing I'm worried about is scoring, with the loss of Kovy, and Max, we won't score as many goals. But I don't think we should have to win games 5-4 like we used too, so as long as Kane, Little, Bergfors, get somewhere around 30 goals, and the rest of the guys contribute their fair share I think we'll do fine. And if we don't make the playoffs this year, ugh, I swear I'm pulling my hair out. The only think I'm really upset with is Big Buff playing D, we have so much depth at D he is just taking up spots from people, who are probably better than him at that position. Plus we didn't trade our top offensive prospect at the time for a mid- to bottom pairing defenseman. But hopefully he'll move to F some time during the year.

I was just coming to start a hockey thread, and Chevy beat me to it.

Atlantic-New Jersey is the most likely to win the division, but Pitt could.

Northeast-Buffalo has the best goaltender in hockey and a solid team. My heart says Boston, but I don't see it this year.

Southeast-Capitals, who will fail again in the playoffs.

Central-This is a tough call, but I am going with the Wings if they can stay healthy. Turco is simply not good enough to take a team to a division championship, and Chicago is all around weaker than a year ago.

Northwest-Colorado is the best in this weak division this year.

Pacific-San Jose will win and flame out in the playoffs, again.

Eastern Conference-Buffalo will make it to the cup finals

Western Conference-Wings go all the way

Finals-Wings in 6

Any one know what channel carried the Atlanta games on Charter in Atlanta?

Any one know what channel carried the Atlanta games on Charter in Atlanta?

SportsSouth covers all the Atlanta games. I don't know what channel that is on your provider, but just look for SportsSouth.

SportsSouth covers all the Atlanta games. I don't know what channel that is on your provider, but just look for SportsSouth.

I found the channel, but for some reason, it does not seem to have the games listed on the onscreen TV guide thing. First game for them is Friday, so got till then to figure it out.

And we need a hockey party for those of us in the Atlanta area!

I found the channel, but for some reason, it does not seem to have the games listed on the onscreen TV guide thing. First game for them is Friday, so got till then to figure it out.

That's interesting because I just checked mine, and it showed up. They should show the game though, I can't see why they wouldn't.

Watching BU's boys and girls play this weekend has gotten me ready for the NHL. Although I do believe that I will be paying more attention to BU's teams since we got some gold medalists on them.

So I just got back from the Thrashers opening game, and it was really a roller coster of emotions. I was so excited for hockey to be back, and then 3 minutes into the game our goalie Ondrej Pavalec just collapses on the ice, and doesn't move. It was the scariest moment I've ever had at a sports event, and we couldn't help but think the worst. Luckily he's okay, and stable right now. Though we still don't know what caused him to collapse.

The thing that surprised me the most was how the team responded. We competed with the Caps, we outplayed them most of the game, and we won the game 4-2. We've lost 8 straight games to them, and to win after the game started with that horrific start is simply amazing. It really shows the character of this young team, and the great coaching staff we have know. And if we play like we did tonight, I have no doubt we will make the playoffs.

So it turns out my brother in law's company has a luxury box at the arena the Thrashers play at, so I should be able to go to a couple games this year! He says he has met a couple times one of the Thrasher owners as well, and if we get lucky, may go on a night when Pittsburgh is in town and get to meet Mario!!!!!

I'm just praying the Cap's can actually do SOMETHING in the Playoffs this year.

Devils are just tripping over themselves, such a horrible performance tonight. Hey Rev were you there? I had to stomach five obnoxious Boston fans the whole night.

Devils are just tripping over themselves, such a horrible performance tonight. Hey Rev were you there? I had to stomach five obnoxious Boston fans the whole night.

Just five? That is a weak performance for us then!

Ahh I love it! Everytime Kovy loses it makes me smile :)

Kind of feel bad for Moose though, hopefully Broduer won't play 70-75 games so he can get more than 5-6 starts. He deserves better.

Hossa is tearing it up. The team isn't as strong this year though. The Blackhawks need some big hitters IMO.

Last edited:
Ahh I love it! Everytime Kovy loses it makes me smile :)

Kind of feel bad for Moose though, hopefully Broduer won't play 70-75 games so he can get more than 5-6 starts. He deserves better.

I dont know if Rev feels the same but Broduer probably will retire within the next five years if he isnt traded by then, especially if the season continues the way its going. Granted its still early.

Here is where I was during Saturday nights game

IMG00021-20101016-1957.jpg

IMG00020-20101016-1957.jpg

I don't know what's worse about this clip, a player attacking a fan for no reason, or the horrible biased announcing.

Wow, that's a bush league play, Dood needs to be fined, the organization owes that dude at minimum a public apology and they should suspend that player.

Yeah, the league is going to suspend him, and everyone is speculating around 6-12 games.

I dont know if Rev feels the same but Broduer probably will retire within the next five years if he isnt traded by then, especially if the season continues the way its going. Granted its still early.

Here is where I was during Saturday nights game

IMG00021-20101016-1957.jpg

IMG00020-20101016-1957.jpg

dood, I was there... Section 19 row 16 in the fire lounge.

I don't blame brodeur, he's still a top 10 goalie.

It's a bunch of factors.

1. Puck luck, come on 40+ shots a game? they just need to tweek it a bit to capitalize on thier offensive power, something new for them.

2. Defense is not in synch, who's left? white and greene? everyone else is a rookie or new.

3. overall team chemistry, it will come.

4. Kovulchuck is playing too much of a team game believe it or not.

Marty will play to the end of his contract and if there is a lockout that year will retire I bet. he's going nowhere.

Wow, that's a bush league play, Dood needs to be fined, the organization owes that dude at minimum a public apology and they should suspend that player.

The Blackhawks have them tonight. They should probably suspend the Sedin brothers too. :mrgreen:

Did Luongo cry last nite? I stopped watching once the Wild scored their fifth goal. :lol:

4. Kovulchuck is playing too much of a team game believe it or not.

To be honest thats not surprising. Watching him in Atlanta for years he always distributed the puck around, even though alot of his passes don't end up on the other guys stick because they're so fast. Though I'm assuming he still floats near the blue line in his own end, and shows a complete apathy towards defense?

Back
Top Bottom