• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2010-2011 NHL Thread

I'm pretty convinced that the commentators for the Stanley Cup Champion Blackhawks are drunk while commentating.

Since I get all the games this season, I have learned that I was really spoiled by the exceptionally good Fox Sports Detroit announcing team. Ken Daniels, Mickey Redmond and Larry Murphy far outshine any other announce team out there for hockey.

Since I get all the games this season, I have learned that I was really spoiled by the exceptionally good Fox Sports Detroit announcing team. Ken Daniels, Mickey Redmond and Larry Murphy far outshine any other announce team out there for hockey.

Most of them really suck. The NHL could really improve all around in the PR department.

Didn't Byfuglien use to play for one of those teams that used to be good?

This is what I am talking about as far as PR. Why isn't the whole league doing this. I know my local CHL team already had a Breast Cancer awareness night and they wore pink and black Jerseys. They did it last year too. The NFL has been doing it this month with the gloves and sweatbands.

The whole league is doing some things, with this being Hockey Fights Cancer month, this is just something he chose to do. Lidstrom used pink sticks one night for it.

The whole league is doing some things, with this being Hockey Fights Cancer month, this is just something he chose to do. Lidstrom used pink sticks one night for it.

Are they wearing pink Jerseys and auctioning them off and giving the procedes to cancer research? They could do more, IMO. That's all I'm saying.

Are they wearing pink Jerseys and auctioning them off and giving the procedes to cancer research? They could do more, IMO. That's all I'm saying.

Not that, though the sticks Lidstrom used(he used a different one each shift, and he plays alot of shifts) he did autograph and where auctioned off. I suspect the skates Orr will wear will be auctioned off as well. I know they do raise a ton of money over the month, and do everything they can to bring awareness to the issue of cancer(FSD did a segment with one of the Wings staff who was a 2 time cancer survivor as part of the month)

Not that, though the sticks Lidstrom used(he used a different one each shift, and he plays alot of shifts) he did autograph and where auctioned off. I suspect the skates Orr will wear will be auctioned off as well. I know they do raise a ton of money over the month, and do everything they can to bring awareness to the issue of cancer(FSD did a segment with one of the Wings staff who was a 2 time cancer survivor as part of the month)

That's cool.

Baseball does something similar. I remember the pink bats,and of course Brandon Inge used them. SO glad he is resigned to the Tigers.

Just saw the skates checking in on the game during a commercial during the Wings game...wow, he went all out, those things have to glow in the dark!

Jaroslav Halak's shutout streak comes to an end against the Thrashers, as they score 3 goals on him. Thrashers up 3-1 after the first :mrgreen:

Oh, and Dustin Byfuglien has 10 points in 11 games. Suck it Roenick!

Last edited:
Jaroslav Halak's shutout streak comes to an end against the Thrashers, as they score 3 goals on him. Thrashers up 3-1 after the first :mrgreen:

Oh, and Dustin Byfuglien has 10 points in 11 games. Suck it Roenick!

Big Buff will take games off. Trust me.

New Jersey finally found a team they can beat. They just need to play the Black Hawks all season.

New Jersey finally found a team they can beat. They just need to play the Black Hawks all season.

Hossa will come back you know. :mrgreen:

Purrrs

Hossa will come back you know. :mrgreen:

Purrrs

Even with Hossa they have not exactly been burning down the house. By the way, with the win tonight, Detroit is tied with Chicago in points, with 5 fewer games played, and Detroit is just starting to get healthy.

I'm going to see the Sens kick some Islander ass tonight. Gooooo Sens!

At the end of the day, it's always enjoyable watching the Rangers lose, even if it is to the Flyers.

WooHoo, Sens won!

My boyfriend surprised me with tickets for a game in a few weeks where we will be directly behind the visitor bench! I will be taking any advice from anyone here as to what I can do to irritate them and throw them off their game. :pimpdaddy::tomatofac:devil:

WooHoo, Sens won!

My boyfriend surprised me with tickets for a game in a few weeks where we will be directly behind the visitor bench! I will be taking any advice from anyone here as to what I can do to irritate them and throw them off their game. :pimpdaddy::tomatofac:devil:

Ask them why their sticks are so short. :lol:

Purrrs

Chicago, most games played in the Central(18, to every one elses 14), and only 2 points from last place. Before Chicago thinks about repeating, they might want to think about making the playoffs.

Detroit, tied for first place in the West, and for third place in the NHL.

Big win for the Thrashers tonight against the Wild(5-1), and Ondrej Pavalec gets his first win since passing out on opening night.

Back
Top Bottom