• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2006 Political Predictions

H

hipsterdufus

I got my ouija board out this morning and came up with some predictions for 2006. Please add your own!

1. Bin Laden still not captured/killed
2. Osama's #3 man will be captured again :roll:
3. Civil War in Iraq
4. Democratic majorities will be voted in the Senate and major gains for Dems in the House
5. There will be a major push to invade Iran.
6. Death Toll in Iraq up to 3,500
7. I will mistakenly write 2005 on a check or 2 :mrgreen:
8. Rush Limbaugh will plead guilty
9. Abramoff Scandal rocks GOP - Fox doesn't cover it - instead focuses on war against Christians
10. Rove Indicted
11. DeLay convicted
12. War against Christmas starts before Thanksgiving
13. Roe v. Wade overturned by SCOTUS
14. Santorum out in PA
15. Another sex scandal for O'Reilly
16. Chris Mathews comes out of the closet and proposes to Matt Drudge
17. Americans without healthcare passes 50 million mark
18. Jon Stewart replaces Bob Shieffer on CBS news then quits when he can't run story on Viacom
19. tax cuts for rich - crumbs for poor
20. Intelligent Design becomes mandatory in Kansas

wait - my ouija board needs an oxycontin - time to call Rush

[Moderator mode]

Moved from Today's News to the more appropriate forum...

[/Moderator mode]

Republicans ignore the fact that Bush did something illegal and soon everyone forgets about the whole 'spying on citizens and peace organizations' thing.

hipsterdufus said:
1. Bin Laden still not captured/killed
2. Osama's #3 man will be captured again :roll:

Agreed.

hipsterdufus said:
3. Civil War in Iraq

I think this is unlikely. It's possible that the insurgency will grow nastier, but I doubt any "official" state of civil war will happen because Bush is willing to go down with the ship. It's equally possible that the insurgency will decline or stop entirely.

hipsterdufus said:
4. Democratic majorities will be voted in the Senate and major gains for Dems in the House

Maybe. I think it's too early to tell on this.

hipsterdufus said:

I hope so.

hipsterdufus said:
6. Death Toll in Iraq up to 3,500

A little on the high side in my opinion, but not outside the realm of possibility.

hipsterdufus said:
9. Abramoff Scandal rocks GOP - Fox doesn't cover it - instead focuses on war against Christians

Haha, so true.

hipsterdufus said:
10. Rove Indicted

I think if Rove was going to be indicted, he already would have been.

hipsterdufus said:
11. DeLay convicted

Maybe...I think there's still a possibility he'll get off the hook, but in light of Abramoff's recent willingness to switch sides I'm inclined to agree with you.

hipsterdufus said:
12. War against Christmas starts before Thanksgiving

Haha

hipsterdufus said:
13. Roe v. Wade overturned by SCOTUS

They won't have the votes unless Bush gets to appoint another justice to replace a liberal or moderate. It'll still be Scalia, Thomas, Alito, and maybe Roberts against the other five.

hipsterdufus said:
14. Santorum out in PA

I hope you're right.

hipsterdufus said:
19. tax cuts for rich - crumbs for poor

There's no way there are going to be any more tax cuts in the current political climate.

hipsterdufus said:
20. Intelligent Design becomes mandatory in Kansas

Didn't the Kansas Supreme Court just strike it down?

Here's a few of my own predictions.
A. Sectarian differences in Iraq continue to make it difficult for the government to operate.

B. Some color revolution in Belarus knocks it out of Russia's sphere of influence.

C. South America continues to backslide into communism.

D. More US cities begin to legalize marijuana after observing that Denver hasn't suddenly become the crime capital of America.

E. GOP loyalists take a more assertive stand with their representatives and demand reductions in government spending.

F. FOX News cooks up a new controversy for the holidays (sorry, for CHRISTMAS) next year. Perhaps, as Bill Maher has suggested, they'll condemn liberal pagans who have taken the meaning out of Christmas by having sex on Jesus' birthday.

Here's a few more -

1. Cheney resigns - Santorum becomes VP to avoid embarrasing loss in PA
2. 1st rise in terror alert since '04 elections coincidentally happens just before mid-term elections in 06
3. Jessica Simpson will get back together with Bart :mrgreen:
4. Rush Limbaugh will plead guilty, and his sentence will be reduced to a fine and community service. As he picks up trash along I- 95, he is mowed down by an oxy-buzzed driver.

Here are some good ones:

PRESIDENT CLINTON will be arrested, tried, and convicted on charges that Bush wiretapped American citizens without warrants.

THE 2006 MIDTERMS will be cancelled by the president, claiming that a possible Democratic majority in Congress would jeopardize national security by diminishing his authority; and that a change in government here would damage the Iraqi democratic process.

THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT will continue to spread Jesus' gospel of love, peace, forgiveness, and tolerance -- while promoting hate, war, torture, and bigotry.

BILL O'REILLY will defend the true meaning of Easter by accusing "radical secular Easter Bunny blow-up-ists" of wanting to blow up the Easter Bunny. Factor ratings soar.

SEAN HANNITY'S White House disinformation brain implant will momentarily jar itself loose during an episode of "Hannity & Colmes." When this occurs, Hannity will sit bolt upright and stare directly into the camera while begging, "Somebody pleeeeeease hhhheeeellllp meeeeee!" The implant will reconnect to the White House Disinformation Server and Hannity will resume discussing how Dick Cheney loves poor people.

DICK CHENEY will construct an overly-elaborate supervillain laser-guided wood chipper contraption into which he'll feed poor people, the elderly, Constitutional scholars, and kittens. Cheney hates kittens and their "desperate, longing eyes." The minced juice from the machine will be fed intravenously into the back of Cheney's right knee, and his life force will be replenished in perpetuity.

THE SUN will explode. Meanwhile, cable news channels will be covering the rescue of a toddler who wandered away from her parents inside a Dunkin Donuts. Viewers of Countdown with Keith Olbermann are the only humans to escape safely.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bob-cesca/predicting-the-****-out-o_b_12988.html

Re: 2006 Political Predictions: Additions

A few more things bear mentioning, I think.

Bill Frist will be indicted (insider trading).

The Patriot Act will die a bloody, unsightly death (I hope).

Just as global warming became climate change and the estate tax was repackaged as the death tax, the War in Iraq will get a new, more voter-friendly name. Something like "The Courageous Ongoing Struggle for Iraqi Freedom in the Face of Fierce Opposition from America-Hating Liberals."
In all seriousness, though, I think the thing will be given a kinder, gentler name. "War" is just so... unseemly.

And in only the next few weeks, thousands of New Year resolutions will be trashed, causing landfills nationwide to overflow into the streets. F.E.M.A., where are you?

I have a prediction.
hipsterdufus said:
Kandahar said:
I hope so.

Military Divorce rates will increase by an additional 300%.

LOL....these are good.

But remind me again what Jessica Simpson has to do with politics? :2razz:

Stace said:
LOL....these are good.

But remind me again what Jessica Simpson has to do with politics? :2razz:

People know and care more about Jessica and Bart Simpson than they do politics. So it's some red meat for the illiterta

One more prediction:

While in prison Scooter Libby writes a sequel to his bestiality laden erotic 1996 novel The Apprentice.

apprentice.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...103-1060075-8866211?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

In this sequel the bear goes has "relations" with all those convicted in the Abramoff and Plamegate scandal to "toughen them up" for their jail time.

O'Reilly writes the intro to the book and features it prominently on his show.

hipsterdufus said:
People know and care more about Jessica and Bart Simpson than they do politics. So it's some red meat for the illiterta

Eh, you're right. Though there's at least a handful of people (*cough*me*cough*) who know and care about both. :lol:

One more prediction:

While in prison Scooter Libby writes a sequel to his bestiality laden erotic 1996 novel The Apprentice.

apprentice.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/03...103-1060075-8866211?n=507846&s=books&v=glance

In this sequel the bear goes has "relations" with all those convicted in the Abramoff and Plamegate scandal to "toughen them up" for their jail time.

O'Reilly writes the intro to the book and features it prominently on his show.

That's just.....so terribly wrong.

You forgot to fit Ann Coulter in there somehow.

As regards iran wouldnt it be impossible for the american armed forces to handle the iraqi insurgency and the state of iran at once. Even if the u.s "wins" it likely they will be dealing with two insurgencys in two fairly large countrys. Do you think bush would be willing to try that?

Red_Dave said:
. Do you think bush would be willing to try that?

Yes. Why? Cause he is a moron.

'Nuff Said.:2wave:

Caine said:
Yes. Why? Cause he is a moron.

'Nuff Said.:2wave:

Two insurgencies in two big countries isn't as bad a spectacle as an extremist theocratic regime, which borrows heavily from Nazi Germany in policy and rhetoric, developing nuclear weapons.

Kandahar said:
Two insurgencies in two big countries isn't as bad a spectacle as an extremist theocratic regime, which borrows heavily from Nazi Germany in policy and rhetoric, developing nuclear weapons.

Yeah its worse i agree but fighting and beating both at once would be more difficult [if not impossible]. Developing nuclear weapons? Like saddam was:roll:

Red_Dave said:
Yeah its worse i agree but fighting and beating both at once would be more difficult [if not impossible].

Well, we'd have no trouble beating the Iranian military. They'd crumble just as fast as the Baathist army did. The insurgency almost certainly would spread to Iran, but at least we'd no longer have to worry about religious nuts with nukes.

Red_Dave said:
Developing nuclear weapons? Like saddam was:roll:

Except the difference is, I'm right and George Bush was wrong.

Santorum better start packing! He's not representing me anymore!!! WOOOH!!! Oh man, this is going to be a great year, I can't wait to get right of that asshole.

Dems are going to win big this year, we're going to get new life! I have high hopes for the new year, and see a lot of good things happening.

1. FOX News will still suck,
2. The warrentless wiretapping will scare everyone for a week, and then get sick of it after the media kills the story.
3. Bush won't get impeached, but an increasing number of people will begin calling for impeachment.
4. Iraq will continue to be my generation's Vietnam.
5. Support for war and president hits new low, but FOX keeps reporting how the majority of Americans approve of the president.
6. PA gets a better senator, and I will help this become a reality.
7. Bill O'Reilly realizes he's gay and starts hitting on Sean Hannity, but will eventually have to settle for Ann Coulter, because we all know Hannity already has Colmes whipped.

Lefty said:
Santorum better start packing! He's not representing me anymore!!! WOOOH!!! Oh man, this is going to be a great year, I can't wait to get right of that asshole.

Dems are going to win big this year, we're going to get new life! I have high hopes for the new year, and see a lot of good things happening.

2. The warrentless wiretapping will scare everyone for a week, and then get sick of it after the media kills the story.
3. Bush won't get impeached, but an increasing number of people will begin calling for impeachment.
5. Support for war and president hits new low, but FOX keeps reporting how the majority of Americans approve of the president.
7. Bill O'Reilly realizes he's gay and starts hitting on Sean Hannity, but will eventually have to settle for Ann Coulter, because we all know Hannity already has Colmes whipped.
When a newbie shows up, the veterans usually show a bit of a "wait and see" mode to see if the newbie wants to debate intelligently about the many topics we have here or just wants to troll around and attack indescriminately just due to political affiliation...

In this instance, the results are clear...Thank you for your time and effort...:roll:

Predictions for 2006....hmmmmmmm.........must think..................Bush will finally declare himself king of the US, change the name of the country to Jesusland or Bushland, cut all taxes for millionaires and above. Nuke Russia and China to get rid of competition, hold the pope hostage, force himself unto the title of pope, then declare himself the second coming of christ, then invade Iran, and Saudi Arabia and Israel and UK will petition acceptance to become part of Jesusland.

cnredd said:
When a newbie shows up, the veterans usually show a bit of a "wait and see" mode to see if the newbie wants to debate intelligently about the many topics we have here or just wants to troll around and attack indescriminately just due to political affiliation...

In this instance, the results are clear...Thank you for your time and effort...:roll:

The results are clear? Yeah okay thanks. I've posted more than on just this thread, and frankly I'm a bit insulted that you seem to be applying that I'm not wanted here. First of all I have debated very seriously, and I'm taken aback that through all I've said you take this one post to show that I'm a jerk. I have the sneaking suspicion that if I sat here and made fun of Al Franken and Michael Moore you wouldn't have such a negative response. Perhaps you too are guilty of attacking indescriminately due to political affiliation.

I honestly really don't want Santorum to represent me, and as for numbers 1-6 I was serious. As for 7... c'mon, are you going to sit here and tell me you didn't attempt even just one lame joke in your 5,084 posts? :roll: Give me a break.

Lefty said:

Nice post lefty and welcome. Don't listen to that crabby ole cnredd. He has no sense of humor. This is an off-topic thread, and having a few laughs to start the new year is alright by me. We need it!

Re: A Constant...

Stupiderthanthou said:
No? I worry about that every day, what with who's in power right here in America.

*shivers*

Clever. I guess an honest, intelligent debate is no substitute for a good America-Iran comparison... :roll:

George_Washington said:
Here's a prediction for you liberals:

In the year 2006, the Democrats will lose many elections to the Republicans.

WOW, IMAGINE THAT! Not like that's ever happened before...

One could switch that around because in the 30's Democrats pretty much ruled the nation. E.g. in 1932 only 6 states voted for a Republican pres. in 1940 it was down to 2. Of course I believe for one of the latter Republicans, only Wash. DC and my own state of Minnesota voted Democrat. I think that Democrats will probably win more seats in 2006, as Republicans aren't doing so great now that they appear that their Pres. has had scandals and is abusing power quite a lot too.

Well let me break into this Liberal love fest.......I have been reading all your doom and gloom predictions for 2006............

I see all you guys and gals are wishing bad things happen in this country in 2006 so democrats and Liberals can try and regain power in the Congress..........

I hope I never have to wish for bad things to happen in this country so that Republicans and Conservatives regain power.........

I know I won't.......I love this country and would never want to see it destroyed for political reasons.............

Back
Top Bottom