• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

2005 Nba Finals

I'm gonna flip-flop here and say Spurs in Game 5 at home, take the series and the Championship, 4-1.

Lemme hear y'all say:

My bad. Forgot the Finals schedule is different.

Games 1, 2, 6, and 7 in San Antonio
Games 3-5 in Detroit

flip2 said:
I'm gonna flip-flop here and say Spurs in Game 5 at home, take the series and the Championship, 4-1.

Lemme hear y'all say:

Imbecile, the home system in the NBA finals for the past 2 decades has been 2,3,2 so I believe this is how it's gonna happen. Pistons win tonight, in a pretty close game, Billups gets a 3 pointer with 12 seconds left to put Detroit up by 3, then is fouled and gets both free throws. Detroit looses game 4 in a slam. Then Spurs will deliberately go easy in game 5 to send it to San Antonio for game 6 and win it there.

Soviet_Guy said:
Imbecile, the home system in the NBA finals for the past 2 decades has been 2,3,2 so I believe this is how it's gonna happen. Pistons win tonight, in a pretty close game, Billups gets a 3 pointer with 12 seconds left to put Detroit up by 3, then is fouled and gets both free throws. Detroit looses game 4 in a slam. Then Spurs will deliberately go easy in game 5 to send it to San Antonio for game 6 and win it there.

Read post #27. I corrected myself. No need for names now. I know, you're just jealous because:

galenrox said:
You're just pissed off that you will never be as good as the Bulls in the early and mid 90s, and your legend Issiah Thomas, in the view of history, is merely an ant to Michael Jordan.

What? The f*ck you on? My favourite player is Ben Wallace, and I have never stated otherwise.

Girls, girls, please, no fighting.

We all know who will really win this year. It's all about the Silver & Black, baby!

I think I hear your daddy calling you to get back to the bedroom. You *(edited by Pacridge due to name calling)

DETROIT PISTONS

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo mama!

GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO SPURS GO

Last edited:
Soviet_Guy said:
I think I hear your daddy calling you to get back to the bedroom. You *(edited by Pacridge due to name calling)

DETROIT PISTONS

I edited your post. Feel free to post your thoughts and ideas. However we do not allow name calling on this site. Future incidents of name calling could result in a suspension of your posting privileges. Thanks for your understanding.

Soviet_Guy said:
Explain to me why your site does not allow swearing when the words are censored?

The edited fowl language wasn't an issue, IMO. If you want to say "What the f*ck" I have no problem with that. You called someone a "m*ther f*cker." Name calling was the issue, not the edited language.

Good luck with your Piston's. I'm glad they were able to come back and at least make it interesting. I hate when one team just blows the other out and it over without any interesting action. I got to say though I'm not a huge fan of Rasheed Wallace. He was a real jerk when he played here in Portland for a few years. Of course playing for the Blazers might **** anyone off. They're truly a **** poor organization.

Pacridge said:
Good luck with your Piston's. I'm glad they were able to come back and at least make it interesting. I hate when one team just blows the other out and it over without any interesting action.

WHAT? We've got the two #2 seeds from both conferences playing against each other, both defeating the #1 seeds. We've got the #1 all-around defensive team (da Spurs!) against the #2 all-around defensive team. The defending champs versus the most fundamentally-driven team in the NBA. How could this series NOT be interesting?

Y'all are just Spurs Haters. The most underrated, under-appreciated team in the entire league will have to bring Jesus Christ in from the reserves to impress y'all. Shame, just pure shame.

And thanks for the clean-up of the posts.

flip2 said:
WHAT? We've got the two #2 seeds from both conferences playing against each other, both defeating the #1 seeds. We've got the #1 all-around defensive team (da Spurs!) against the #2 all-around defensive team. The defending champs versus the most fundamentally-driven team in the NBA. How could this series NOT be interesting?

Y'all are just Spurs Haters. The most underrated, under-appreciated team in the entire league will have to bring Jesus Christ in from the reserves to impress y'all. Shame, just pure shame.

And thanks for the clean-up of the posts.

I didn't say this wasn't interesting. I said I hate it when it isn't interesting.

I don't hate the Spurs. Kind of like them. Always like David Robinson, he was in the Navy at the same time I was, no never met him. I also kind of like the Pistons. I think they're both great teams. I really don't follow the NBA that much any more. I watch a lot more college ball. I used to have season tix to the Blazers but they became such an embarrassment I left. Their behavior off the court was just plain obscene, their performance on the court wasn't much better. But I could stand poor play and remain a fan. I couldn't stand for the constant off court BS they engaged in, so I bolted.

I declare June 16th, the Rememberence Of The Auburn Hills Massacre.
Let us give our condolences to the San Antonio Spurs of the 2004-2005 NBA season.

Soviet_Guy said:
I declare June 16th, the Rememberence Of The Auburn Hills Massacre.
Let us give our condolences to the San Antonio Spurs of the 2004-2005 NBA season.

You're jumping the gun, comrade. Game 6 in San Antonio, we will rub it in your face, live, televised, from coast to coast, border to border, and around the world! Give it up for YOUR 2005 NBA CHAMP....EE...ONS, FROM THE ALAMO CITY, THE SILVER AND BLACK, THE ONE, THE ONLY, THE SAN...AN...TO...NIO SSSSSSPURRRRRRRSSS!

Lemme hear y'all say:

Dude, I make a living gambling on sports, I took a big risk and it paid off, when I put money on games, they usually go my way, I bet $300 that the Pistons would win Game 3 and $250 gor Game 4, and guesse what, I'm going to bet $100 that they'll win Game 5. Then I will bet $400 that the Spurs will take Game 6, and as for Game 7, have no clue, it's a toss up.

96-95 . . . . The worst kind of defeat ever--to lose by ONE point.

DEEETROIT BASKETBALL! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can everyone say: Congratulations to the 2005 NBA Champions, the San Antonio Spurs!

I can feel it, I can see it, I can hear it being chanted AROOOUUUND THE WORLD:

Soviet_Guy said:
Dude, I make a living gambling on sports, I took a big risk and it paid off, when I put money on games, they usually go my way, I bet $300 that the Pistons would win Game 3 and $250 gor Game 4, and guesse what, I'm going to bet $100 that they'll win Game 5. Then I will bet $400 that the Spurs will take Game 6, and as for Game 7, have no clue, it's a toss up.

You make a living placing bets of this size? You must place a lot of bets.

Originally Posted by Soviet_Guy

You will notice I put the smallest amount that they would win Game 5, and that game was as close as they get, I have yet to be blown out of a good bet. :cool:

Soviet_Guy said:
You will notice I put the smallest amount that they would win Game 5, and that game was as close as they get, I have yet to be blown out of a good bet. :cool:

I never win any major bets. In fact I could almost guarantee a Pistons win- by betting large on the Spurs.

Okay people, you know how I said I would bet on the Spurs to win Game 6? Well, I didn't, neh, I couldn't, no one was willing to bet against them, and I would have bet on them had I gotten the chance, however, my team THE PISTONS are headed to an all deciding Game 7, I can't believe it, amazing, The Pistons, always good when pushed against the wall, haha, and Spurs had already made plans for a parade on Thursday! Ahahahahahaha, amazing, Pistons win for the first time in San Antonio in 8 years and they do it when it matters most, however the odds are still very strong against them, so I'll keep my money in my wallet thank you very much. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom