• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

200 million americans feel the affect of global warming.

99percenter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative

Is it still a hoax created by dems to raise our taxes?

Oh some right wingers will come in and say "it's just weather" as if they don't make a smug thread every time it snows in January

Is it still a hoax created by dems to raise our taxes?
A heat wave is not any more evidence of global warming than normal weather is for the status quo.

Most people can follow that simple logic, and it increases suspicion when such scare tactics are used.

A heat wave is not any more evidence of global warming than normal weather is for the status quo.

Most people can follow that simple logic, and it increases suspicion when such scare tactics are used.

If the heat domes causes temperatures that are higher than normally expected, then it can indeed be an indication of global warming, especially when so many individual high temps are being broken all over the world.

If the heat domes causes temperatures that are higher than normally expected, then it can indeed be an indication of global warming, especially when so many individual high temps are being broken all over the world.
Just like a normal temp can be indication of status quo.

I think people need to understand the difference between climate and weather.
Persistent high pressure causing a drought and higher than normal temperatures, are part of weather.
The best example is that the Pacific Northwest saw extreme hot weather in June 2021,
it was widely heralded as evidence of AGW, yet from the data set run by a known alarmist GISS ,
June 2021, was nothing special, and was below the June temps for several recent June's.

I think people need to understand the difference between climate and weather.
Persistent high pressure causing a drought and higher than normal temperatures, are part of weather.
The best example is that the Pacific Northwest saw extreme hot weather in June 2021,
it was widely heralded as evidence of AGW, yet from the data set run by a known alarmist GISS ,
June 2021, was nothing special, and was below the June temps for several recent June's.

You forgot to add at the end of the last sentence "...that were the warmest on record."

You forgot to add at the end of the last sentence "...that were the warmest on record."
Way to miss the point!
All the noise about the hot weather in the June 2021, did not affect the global climate number,
because June 2021 was cooler that earlier June temperatures.

Way to miss the point!
All the noise about the hot weather in the June 2021, did not affect the global climate number,
because June 2021 was cooler that earlier June temperatures.

First sentence: Psychological projection BIGTIME!
Second sentence: see my response in another thread to a "silly" post of yours regarding "warmest years" and replace "years" with "June" and the reponse is the same.

First sentence: Psychological projection BIGTIME!
Second sentence: see my response in another thread to a "silly" post of yours regarding "warmest years" and replace "years" with "June" and the reponse is the same.
Short of an El Nino weather event, 2021 will not be the warmest year on record, just like June and July 2021 were not.

We used to visit the south often when I was a kid. My state feels a lot like it moved about two states south these days. I've enjoyed the milder winters, but the summers are hotter, and I worry about extreme weather events.

We used to visit the south often when I was a kid. My state feels a lot like it moved about two states south these days. I've enjoyed the milder winters, but the summers are hotter, and I worry about extreme weather events.

Unless you believe we can do anything about it then why worry ?

Mother Earth will just keep doing what she does and we'll adapt to it just like we always have :unsure:

Mother Earth will just keep doing what she does and we'll adapt to it just like we always have :unsure:
Not burning shit tons of carbon can't hurt.

Denier talking points. *YAWN*

Not burning shit tons of carbon can't hurt.
Not extracting the benefit we get from burning that hydrocarbon fuel, before a suitable replacement is found
would starve up to 80% of the planet, so it might hurt some.

If you think the US can "control climate" and say things are heating up do to our misuse then India, and China should be burnt to a crisp about now, right?

Not burning it certainly will though and for billions
It will be replaced. Anyone who thinks that oil is going to be the dominant fuel forever is probably watching too much propaganda.

Not extracting the benefit we get from burning that hydrocarbon fuel, before a suitable replacement is found
would starve up to 80% of the planet, so it might hurt some.
I'm sure you believe that, and I'm content to let you keep believing it.

Back
Top Bottom