• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

20 percent are in love with someone else

And by playing the field I meant these people spent several years in relationships with various people and still grew bitter and looked on in jealousy of men who remained in monogamous relationships with their partners to the end. Mostly because they ended up alone in the end (or had partnerships based purely on their wealth) and their virility gave up on them. Whatever our biology tells us, it gives up on us, then we're left to spend what is now nearly half our lifetime with either a "soul mate" or loneliness or a variety of drug enhanced liasons if one has the finanaces for it. I'm only in my twenties but I'll seek the former.
Again, I dont think you quite get what a polyamorous relationship means. Constantly switching partners or cheating on one's intended does not polyamory make.

A polyamorous relationship is a romantic relationship between more than two people where all parties are knowledgeable and consenting to the situation. IE: Jack is in love with Jill and Jane so the girls are involved with Jack but not each other (That's called a V). Jill and Jane both know about each other and are both OK with Jack seeing the other woman, as long as Jack is honest about what's going on. Other rules are agreed upon by the three of them.

i notice that this article tends to switch back and forth with "being in love" "being attracted to" and "harboring feelings for" type language; and i'm thinking they went with the title for shock purposes, when the research doesn't show that kind of strength.

as per the rest of the conversation; monogamy is more socially stable than polygamy. it has consistently proven better at funneling mankinds' urges for sex and love into something that is socially cohesing.

Yeah, I was a little taken aback by the "being in love with" terminology.
Most of us are lucky to be able to claim to have been in love once, let along numerous times, or with more than one person at once.

Most of us are lucky to be able to claim to have been in love once, let along numerous times, or with more than one person at once.
Really? Are you sure about that?

Because it's almost never true monogamy. Wolves are a prime example, the alpha male and female will mate for life, but the alpha male WILL take other "lovers".

I think it's true. When my partner and I met 9 years ago, we couldn't make ourselves look at anyone else if we wanted to. Nine years have gone by and now we're still very much into each other but we go through spells where our eyes and affections wander to someone new briefly. What keeps bringing me home after one of these distractions is the realization that it's either stay with my partner or devote 9 more years to training a new one in order to have all the luxuries I have being with him. I think he feels the same way. We're pretty much stuck with each other...which is kinda cool.

Back
Top Bottom