• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

20 people dead after gunfight in Kenyan shopping plaza.

When I first heard the story, I suspected this may have had something to do with Al Shabab.

Looking at the incident it also becomes clear that Kenyan security forces did not have a good enough contingency plan for such an event, most African metropolitan police forces are poorly equipped and trained especially for such delicate events as this (with the exception of South Africa).

This will do Al Shabab no favours.

Kenyas military however is no laughing matter and if they decide that this warrants a military response against Al Shababs operation in Somalia, we could see a very disturbed East Africa.

"We are treating this as a terrorist attack," said police chief Benson Kibue, adding that there are likely no more than 10 attackers involved. Police did not say what group was responsible for the attack.

Somali's Islamic extremist rebels, al-Shabab, vowed in late 2011 to carry out a large-scale attack in Nairobi in retaliation for Kenya sending troops into Somalia to fight the insurgents

The gunmen announced that non-Muslims would be targeted, said Elijah Kamau, who was at the mall at the time of the midday attack.

News from The Associated Press

Dang, I had my money on the Amish.

I'm not sure how one "likes" a post that is nothing but a factual report of a gun fight that led to 20 people being killed?

In appreciation of starting the thread topic and link.

When I first heard the story, I suspected this may have had something to do with Al Shabab.

Looking at the incident it also becomes clear that Kenyan security forces did not have a good enough contingency plan for such an event, most African metropolitan police forces are poorly equipped and trained especially for such delicate events as this (with the exception of South Africa).

This will do Al Shabab no favours.

Kenyas military however is no laughing matter and if they decide that this warrants a military response against Al Shababs operation in Somalia, we could see a very disturbed East Africa.

Finally, someone has something relevant to say about the events, the players, and the potential for retaliatory response by an extremely effective military.

What happened today isn't just some isolated terror attack at a shopping mall. It's a planned event by a trained Somali strike team that gives one more push toward all out war between Kenya and Somalia's radical Islamists. If that happens, thousands of civilians will be caught in the crossfire, so this is kind of a big deal.

Finally, someone has something relevant to say about the events, the players, and the potential for retaliatory response by an extremely effective military.

What happened today isn't just some isolated terror attack at a shopping mall. It's a planned event by a trained Somali strike team that gives one more push toward all out war between Kenya and Somalia's radical Islamists. If that happens, thousands of civilians will be caught in the crossfire, so this is kind of a big deal.

Kenya's military is pretty good standard despite the usual problems of corruption that have tainted that country since independence. They should be able to cause some real problems for Somalia's Jihadists

Kenya's military is pretty good standard despite the usual problems of corruption that have tainted that country since independence. They should be able to cause some real problems for Somalia's Jihadists

They already have. They pushed Somalian Jihadists away from the border, and they were not gentle. This mall attack is supposedly retaliation for that. Now... we wait.

They already have. They pushed Somalian Jihadists away from the border, and they were not gentle. This mall attack is supposedly retaliation for that. Now... we wait.

THe Kenyan government was started by a Guerrilla and his son, despite his Amherst degree-probably learned a thing or two from his father about how to be Ruthless. Plus I suspect he will find a ready ally in our President. I support President Kenyatta on this one and hope he has success in taking out those scum

Apparently two Canadians were killed including one diplomat. Is there any other foreign casualties?

Gunmen attacked an upscale shopping mall in the Kenyan capital on Saturday, leading to a fierce gunbattle with police and leaving at least 20 people dead, the Kenyan Red Cross said.

Fifty more people were wounded in the attack at the mall in Nairobi, said Abbas Gullet, head of the Kenyan Red Cross.

The gunmen burst into the mall and shot indiscriminately, taking some people hostage, according to a senior Kenyan government source.

It was unclear how many hostages the attackers took, but police are trying to negotiate for their release and retake the building, according to the source.

At least 20 killed when gunmen attack Nairobi shopping mall - CNN.com

After they excused "Muslims" and focused on their murderous execution rampage on the "non-Muslims."

When was the last terrorist attack committed by Christians again? mass shooting? mass killing?

Oh yeah - that never happens....

Of course here will come the progressives to defend the most conservative religion on the planet...

Wait, you said it was "just a gang".

She did say that, but she also came back as the story progressed and acknowledged the terrorist act. If you look down the first page or two.

Wait, you said it was "just a gang".

She did say that, but she also came back as the story progressed and acknowledged the terrorist act. If you look down the first page or two.

After they excused "Muslims" and focused on their murderous execution rampage on the "non-Muslims."

When was the last terrorist attack committed by Christians again? mass shooting? mass killing?

Oh yeah - that never happens....

Of course here will come the progressives to defend the most conservative religion on the planet...

Not sure why I find myself defending Higgins but I can't see where she said anything that you claim in your quote. She posted the story and followed it as it progressed!

Not sure why I find myself defending Higgins but I can't see where she said anything that you claim in your quote. She posted the story and followed it as it progressed!

I wasn't attacking anyone but merely stating the truth...

I can't see how that would be so though Nick.

Back
Top Bottom