• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Grand Mal

Russian warship, go f*** yourself!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
2 Covid deaths in the previous 24 hours. Any day now I'll check and see a zero.
Several countries are showing 1- Poland, Japan, Denmark, a few others. We might have turned the corner. Still have that "second wave" in the offing, whatever that means, but still room for optimism.

I think we may be getting overconfident and could blast our good fortune into oblivion.

I think the schools re-opening could be the Molotov cocktail that sets all this progress aflame.

But time will tell, I want to be positive but at the same time, this thing can spread quickly and viciously if we let our guard down and that’s exactly whatI feel we’re doing right now.

I think we may be getting overconfident and could blast our good fortune into oblivion.

I think the schools re-opening could be the Molotov cocktail that sets all this progress aflame.

But time will tell, I want to be positive but at the same time, this thing can spread quickly and viciously if we let our guard down and that’s exactly whatI feel we’re doing right now.

I'm cautiously optimistic, though I agree about school openings looking premature. We still have to get through summer and the youngsters partying. Right here where I live the campgrounds are full and people on the beaches look too crowded. School openings look like a hope-and-a-prayer thing but I'm hoping the plan our provincial Public Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, has come up with will be effective.
We shall see. Hopefully it'll be not the worst case scenario.

I'm cautiously optimistic, though I agree about school openings looking premature. We still have to get through summer and the youngsters partying. Right here where I live the campgrounds are full and people on the beaches look too crowded. School openings look like a hope-and-a-prayer thing but I'm hoping the plan our provincial Public Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, has come up with will be effective.

Bonnie Henry is quite an interesting person, I found it interesting how there’s this kind of, love for her out there.

People have been pretty partial to her during this crisis, one of the only examples I can think of, of its kind in the world for someone in her position.

This weekend will be a test, one we can see results in two weeks. Hot weather and a long weekend, so we can be in for a world of hurt just before school starts or be okay. I expect a big spike in two weeks

I'm seriously considering moving to Canada. How much are permanent visas going for now?

I'm seriously considering moving to Canada. How much are permanent visas going for now?

Investor class I believe requires 500 000 for investment (quite a few years ago)

Forget it. We don't take Yankee dollars anymore.

The plan in Ontario is a gong show. I'll be taking advantage of distance learning for my 7 year old. Not quite sure how that's all gonna work, but I'd rather be broke than sending my kid back to that mess.

Several countries are showing 1- Poland, Japan, Denmark, a few others. We might have turned the corner. Still have that "second wave" in the offing, whatever that means, but still room for optimism.

One today. Been below 10 for weeks now but we can't seem to post that zero.
Hoping the daily new cases drop before school opens. There's too many possible lasting damage scenarios to risk infecting dozens of kids. I read that in Florida they X-rayed kids who had tested positive but had no symptoms and found lung damage.

Grand Mal:

That zero-death day has finally come. The first time since March 15th that there were zero deaths related to Covid-19 in all of Canada. Hurray! Thank you to all the professionals and volunteers who made that possible and thank you too to those Canadians who have been cooperating with annoying but necessary public health guidelines designed to reduce the spreading of this awful disease. Hurray and three huzzahs.

Cheers be smart and be well.
Evilroddy.

Back
Top Bottom