• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 years!

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A little more than 2 years ago we started looking into a software change. This all became a reality on 9/20/20, the day we went live with the xenForo software. vBulletin's software was simply outdated and stale so we made the switch to xF.

I couldn't imagine going back to vB after experiencing xF and all the updated features it has to offer. It's so nice to have software that looks and works great on a mobile device.

Again, thanks to our private donators (you know who you are) who helped make this all possible.

A little more than 2 years ago we started looking into a software change. This all became a reality on 9/20/20, the day we went live with the xenForo software. vBulletin's software was simply outdated and stale so we made the switch to xF.

I couldn't imagine going back to vB after experiencing xF and all the updated features it has to offer. It's so nice to have software that looks and works great on a mobile device.

Again, thanks to our private donators (you know who you are) who helped make this all possible.

Thanks Red for all of the hard work you and the other staff members do to give us a great forum!

1bad1e55abf0af363d73033baf9f2f3c.jpg

I got an insider look at just how much effort you guys put into something like a software change, you and Vague where busy every day for quite some time getting bugs ironed out before the move, then even more after the move. You guys deserve a huge pat on the back for all you did, and continue to do.

I'm still blown away by that change-over. I have never seen an internet forum do a smooth change-over like that. Besides struggling for many days or even weeks, many lose the db! But not these guys. Pros. They were pros. No idea if they have professional I.T. experience, but they did better than some that do. And that's saying something, given the volunteer & donation nature of internet forums like this.

Last edited:
I got an insider look at just how much effort you guys put into something like a software change, you and Vague where busy every day for quite some time getting bugs ironed out before the move, then even more after the move. You guys deserve a huge pat on the back for all you did, and continue to do.

I just posted to that affect.

Yeah, most of us don't know of or appreciate the pre-change-over prep work. And kudos for all the user feedback they elicited before & after, to say nothing of the transparency and communication during the entire process - pre/during/post.

It was a yeoman's job, well executed.

Thank you, Red and crew that made the transition as smooth as it was. It's truly appreciated!

12 years!

I came here to have little fun, maybe debate a bit, and you guys have kept this place running 12 years. Hell, it was running before I got here so y'all have even more than that.

Yore the awesomest, Lil Red !

Back
Top Bottom