• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 People in a room, hate each other because of their race....

Are they racists?

• Person A is white; B is any other. Both are racists.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Person A is white; B is any other. Only A is a racist.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Doesn't matter what race you are; hate towards another race is racism.

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters
You can be prejudiced against white people, but not racist, since racism means prejudice PLUS POWER/ PRIVILEGE, which only white people have.

7 reasons why reverse racism doesn't exist | The Daily Dot

The white person is from rural West Virginia and lives in government housing. The black person lives in New York City and is a CEO of a huge company. She shops at Saks & Barneys and has never been to a Walmart.

Now what?

Well?...

The white person is from rural West Virginia and lives in government housing. The black person lives in New York City and is a CEO of a huge company. She shops at Saks & Barneys and has never been to a Walmart.

Now what?

Well, I'm sure the black person is still oppressed somehow in Ganapathy's mind.

Regardless anything, people of color cannot be racist. Power and privelege are not defined by the successes of individuals, but by the race as a whole. Even though there may be one person of color who has more money than a white person, people of color, as a group, are still oppressed, and since racism is based on races as a whole, only whites can be racist, since white people as a whole are the only ones with privelege and power.

Wow, so I can go to China, start a business, and refuse to hire or sell to Han Chinese people because of their race, and I'm not being racist?

If Obama passes an Executive Order saying the federal government can't hire white people, is that racist because he's in a position of power, or not racist because the position he holds is built on a white system?

Asking questions like that are going to make you go crossed-eyed.

Regardless anything, people of color cannot be racist. Power and privelege are not defined by the successes of individuals, but by the race as a whole. Even though there may be one person of color who has more money than a white person, people of color, as a group, are still oppressed, and since racism is based on races as a whole, only whites can be racist, since white people as a whole are the only ones with privelege and power.

Everything you just said is 100% wrong. I don't know why you keep on repeating the same thing over and over, when you've been proven wrong numerous times already.

White people are not the only ones with privilege and power, black people are not oppressed in Western society, and anybody can be racist regardless of their skin color.

Ridiculous. Stop segregating black people into one little box and putting a label on it. We're all individuals with different ideas regardless of our skin color. If an individual hates another race - they are racist. You don't get to tweak the definition to suit your own beliefs.

Everything you just said is 100% wrong. I don't know why you keep on repeating the same thing over and over, when you've been proven wrong numerous times already.

White people are not the only ones with privilege and power, black people are not oppressed in the US, and anybody can be racist regardless of their skin color.

Look, I don't know why you keep ignoring the facts about racism.

https://mic.com/articles/82223/this...myth-of-reverse-racism-in-less-than-3-minutes

Ridiculous. Stop segregating black people into one little box and putting a label on it. We're all individuals with different ideas regardless of our skin color. If an individual hates another race - they are racist. You don't get to tweak the definition to suit your own beliefs.

Your denial of your own inherent racism is a clear example of white privelege in action

You are wrong. That is not the definition of racism. That may be ONE definition. It may even be the one you LIKE the best because, by your definition, a black can't be racist. But you are wrong that it is the only one. Check out Merriam Webster's definition. Very respected site. Proves you wrong.

YOU are the one that keeps on ignoring the facts about racism, since you act like you can just change the defintion of the term. That's not how it works. No matter how many opinion articles you keep posting, the defintion of racism will not change.

The fact that you think that white people are the only ones have the power to define words and what they mean shows your bigotry.

You are wrong. That is not the definition of racism. That may be ONE definition. It may even be the one you LIKE the best because, by your definition, a black can't be racist. But you are wrong that it is the only one. Check out Merriam Webster's definition. Very respected site. Proves you wrong.

Why should i trust the definition of racism written by old white men who have never suffered from it?

Ask him where he got that definition. The answer should be funny.

The fact that you think that white people are the only ones have the power to define words and what they mean shows your bigotry.

Once again, I am not a bigot. I'm the farthest thing from a bigot.

Why should i trust the definition of racism written by old white men who have never suffered from it?

Oh, my Lord. You are beginning to sound trollish. Go rag on somebody else. Nothing constructive is coming from your interaction with me...nor, I dare say, from anyone else on this thread.

Neither are likely racists, unless they think they are superior to the other because of race.

Once again, I am not a bigot. I'm the farthest thing from a bigot.

You're SO far from being a bigot, you've come back to BEING a bigot, becuase you are white (well you're avatar suggest whiteness) that means that through the interlocution of power and historical relevance convulsed with factoring in predominate triggering microaggressions of your skin tone coupled with the suffering of a man named Toby 585 years ago at the hands of someone who might have known someone that once said hi to a relative of yours...

It's VERY apparent, you are a bigot. Because "Facts".

I chose A - Both are racists.

You forgot to add Option D: Both are racists, and Ganapathy's posts are severely idiotic. I would have selected that without hesitation.

You're SO far from being a bigot, you've come back to BEING a bigot, becuase you are white (well you're avatar suggest whiteness) that means that through the interlocution of power and historical relevance convulsed with factoring in predominate triggering microaggressions of your skin tone coupled with the suffering of a man named Toby 585 years ago at the hands of someone who might have known someone that once said hi to a relative of yours...

I guess it's true, I'm just an evil white bigot.

I've been oppressing black people this whole time! Nooo! *Sob*

I guess it's true, I'm just an evil white bigot.

I've been oppressing black people this whole time! Nooo! *Sob*

There there, it's nothing you can do about it, you're white. That means you're naturally a lesser person worthy of scorn, violence against you,l loss of life, liberty... It's just what's right.

(scary thing is... our Resident Maoist words aren't far from that...)

Can I get an "Amen?" :cool:

Back
Top Bottom