• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 People in a room, hate each other because of their race....

Are they racists?

• Person A is white; B is any other. Both are racists.

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Person A is white; B is any other. Only A is a racist.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Doesn't matter what race you are; hate towards another race is racism.

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters
So here's the poll.

You have Person A and Person B.

They both hate the other one, because the other person is a different race.

Are they racist?
Poll options are.. in the poll.

per the FACTUAL definition of racism, both are racist and their race doesn't matter

You can be prejudiced against white people, but not racist, since racism means prejudice PLUS POWER/ PRIVILEGE, which only white people have.

7 reasons why reverse racism doesn't exist | The Daily Dot

Facts and definitions proov your claim 100% wrong. Claiming that you can be racist against white people is one of the most retarded claims I have ever heard.
Would anybody like proof? sure . . .

Racism | Definition of Racism by Merriam-Webster
Full Definition of racism
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2: racial prejudice or discrimination

notice how it doesnt excuse any race from the activity. Nobody honest, educated and or objective on this issue would ever claim otherwise because it would be a lie.

This is the meme the liberals want you to adopt. But, that poor, helpless victim can still run up behind you and hit you in the head. He can still get in a parking garage and shoot you. Oh, wait, he's not helpless, is he?

Please stop, the super vast majority of liberals and PEOPLE in general period do not believe the retarded lie that people can't be racist to whites.
Saying its "liberals" is just as retarded as a claim as you are denouncing. Both claims are uneducated, hyperbolic, dishonest nonsense.

All of you are wrong.

Hate towards another race is NOT racism.
The correct answer is that none are racist based on the limited information in the poll.

Merriam‑Webster
Full Definition of racism. 1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. 2 : racial prejudice or discrimination.

I think the poll is incomplete. For instance: B is a non-white person and A is white - Only B is racist.

Hatred for another person of a different race doesn't always mean racism. It could be bigotry. For example, I'm bigoted against pedophiles and domestic violence perpetrators. I don't care what race they are.

All racists are bigots, but not all bigots are racists. A lot of people mistaken bigotry for racism. Racism isn't so cut and dry. Prejudice, discrimination, racism and bigotry can all be displayed in a way that they can be mistakenly identified and/or mislabeled by an observer.

All of you are wrong.

Hate towards another race is NOT racism.
The correct answer is that none are racist based on the limited information in the poll.

Merriam‑Webster
Full Definition of racism. 1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. 2 : racial prejudice or discrimination.

Riiight. 2 : Racial Prejudice or Discrimination.. nah that doesn't match AT ALL...

Ganapathy's goofy definition of racism aside, to answer your question specifically: the blacks in Africa were selling other blacks based on tribalism, not race; the Arabs were likely racist if they bought and sold black slaves exclusively because they were black (I honestly don't know); and absolutely the whites were racist.
Does that make the blacks tribalists? (Similar to today's nationalists?)

Ganapathy's goofy definition of racism aside, to answer your question specifically: the blacks in Africa were selling other blacks based on tribalism, not race; the Arabs were likely racist if they bought and sold black slaves exclusively because they were black (I honestly don't know); and absolutely the whites were racist.
For many of them, in all three groups, it probably had nothing to do with race, per se. It was "just business". That's where the money was.

Riiight. 2 : Racial Prejudice or Discrimination.. nah that doesn't match AT ALL...
Right, it doesn't.
Not even remotely close.
Having hate does not mean one will have prejudice or act on that hate.

That would be as silly as saying you must respect someone if you have love for them.

Right, it doesn't.
Not even remotely close.

That would be as silly as saying you must respect someone if you have love for them.

are you honestly suggesting that hating people of a certain race because of their race is not racism?

Right, it doesn't.
Not even remotely close.

I don't know how you could love someone and NOT have respect for That person. But then I've never tolerated drama.

You can be prejudiced against white people, but not racist, since racism means prejudice PLUS POWER/ PRIVILEGE, which only white people have.

If you would actually READ the question you would see that it is about two people in a room. How does having white skin magically give one power/privilege over the other person in the room? Can oppressive institutions fit inside a room with no other people?

That distinction would only really be relevant if you don’t consider both attitudes equally wrong of course.

are you honestly suggesting that hating people of a certain race because of their race is not racism?

I am not suggesting anything.
I am stating facts.

You can not hijack a definition just because you think it fits better.
Hate or feelings of any kind have absolutely nothing to do with the definition Racism.

There are two components.
#1 is centered on how you view yourself in relation to other races. For example... do you think whites are inherently smarter than blacks? If so, then this is racism.
#2 focuses more on results or actions. Would you be less likely to help a person of a different race? Would you be less likely to hire a person of a different race?

There is nothing about hatred or feelings unless those feelings interact with one of the above points.

What you are doing is trying to make false assumptions.
You ASSUME that a person who hates another race would have prejudice or would discriminate against that race.
This is a very weak assumption.

Not everyone walks around with their emotions strapped to their actions.

The white person is from rural West Virginia and lives in government housing. The black person lives in New York City and is a CEO of a huge company. She shops at Saks & Barneys and has never been to a Walmart.

Now what?

I am not suggesting anything.
I am stating facts.

You can not hijack a definition just because you think it fits better.
Hate or feelings of any kind have absolutely nothing to do with the definition Racism.

There are two components.
#1 is centered on how you view yourself in relation to other races. For example... do you think whites are inherently smarter than blacks? If so, then this is racism.
#2 focuses more on results or actions. Would you be less likely to help a person of a different race? Would you be less likely to hire a person of a different race?

There is nothing about hatred or feelings unless those feelings interact with one of the above points.

What you are doing is trying to make false assumptions.
You ASSUME that a person who hates another race would have prejudice or would discriminate against that race.
This is a very weak assumption.

Not everyone walks around with their emotions strapped to their actions.

its a yes or no question, i made ZERO assumptions hence my question, you can make up whatever you like but youll be factually wrong. There was ZERO assumptions made by me. Secondly your subjective NARROW definition is also factually no accurate.

the question stands and you can choose to answer it or run from it, thats on you but Ill ask you AGAIN

are you honestly suggesting that hating people of a certain race because of their race is not racism? YES or NO

Well, unlike you apparently, if a person doesn't talk or act like a racist, I can't read his mind. Lucky you. ;)

I'm not saying I can read his mind. I'm just saying that if he thinks racist thoughts, he's a racist. Whether we ever find out he's one is another matter.

So here's the poll.

You have Person A and Person B.

They both hate the other one, because the other person is a different race.

Are they racist?
Poll options are.. in the poll.

Maybe neither is racist and just don't get along for other reasons.

Back
Top Bottom