• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 More Hate Hoaxes, This Time At Goucher College In Maryland

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here we have 2 more fake racial hate crimes, this time in Baltimore.

On November 14th, racial hate threatening black students written on a bathroom wall in a dorm at Goucher College, resulted it protests and undoubtedly the spreading of more racial animosity.

Here's the news report from local CBS affiliate WJZ in Baltimore:

Then a second incident occurred on November 29th, but this time the police arrested a suspect who ended up confessing to both incidents... Here's the report from local NBC affiliate WBAL:

[video=youtube;5BTz8lN940Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=5BTz8lN940Q[/video]

I'll say it again... If white racism has become so prominent and widespread as we're told by the left and the mainstream media, why the need to continuously fabricate racial hate crimes?

fakehatecrimes.org

Fake hate crimes prove racism isn't a problem? fakehatecrimes.org?

I smell an agenda.

I never said that... Read my words as written.

So using fakehatecrimes.org proves "the left and mainstream media" are liars about racism?

Why do you qualify, "white racism"? Black people are incapable, socially, of oppressing white people as a group.

IMO if you are found gultiy of staging a hate crime you should be sentenced using those hate crime laws and receive the maximum possible penalties.

IMO if you are found gultiy of staging a hate crime you should be sentenced using those hate crime laws and receive the maximum possible penalties.

But you understand that fake hate crimes aren't terrorism, right? Different motives.

On November 14th, racial hate threatening black students written on a bathroom wall in a dorm at Goucher College, resulted it protests and undoubtedly the spreading of more racial animosity.

Then a second incident occurred on November 29th, but this time the police arrested a suspect who ended up confessing to both incidents... Here's the report from local NBC affiliate WBAL:

I'll say it again... If white racism has become so prominent and widespread as we're told by the left and the mainstream media, why the need to continuously fabricate racial hate crimes?

fakehatecrimes.org

We had a similar hate crimes incident at a college in Des Moines, Iowa. The students of the college painted the sidewalks of the college black to show their solidarity with the African-Americans who were slighted. It turns out 4 out of 5 of the hate crimes were hoaxes. I imagine the 5th may have been watered-down or all encompasing version of a racist hate crime.

In these collegiate settings, I blame faculty for these hate crimes hoaxes.

But you understand that fake hate crimes aren't terrorism, right? Different motives.

I would say that is splitting a hair. But I can see how you would come to that conclusion. Regardless it dissent change my opinion that those who fake one should get the maximum possible punishment.

I would say that is splitting a hair. But I can see how you would come to that conclusion. Regardless it dissent change my opinion that those who fake one should get the maximum possible punishment.

But we can't treat hoaxes as if they're terrorism. That's kinda denying they're fake. It's a different crime, different motive, however despicable.

fakehatecrimes.org

This goes a long way to prove that systemic racism in America is not real and is solely an invention of the Left.

But we can't treat hoaxes as if they're terrorism. That's kinda denying they're fake. It's a different crime, different motive, however despicable.
Sure we can. Its not difficult at all.

We had a similar hate crimes incident at a college in Des Moines, Iowa. The students of the college painted the sidewalks of the college black to show their solidarity with the African-Americans who were slighted. It turns out 4 out of 5 of the hate crimes were hoaxes. I imagine the 5th may have been watered-down or all encompasing version of a racist hate crime.

In these collegiate settings, I blame faculty for these hate crimes hoaxes.

If any of that black paint affected my shoes I would frickin' go off on those guys...

Sure we can. Its not difficult at all.

We cannot and maintain intellectual integrity.

Fake hate crimes are despicable but they're not terrorism.

We cannot and maintain intellectual integrity.

Fake hate crimes are despicable but they're not terrorism.
Without knowing the motivation of the crime it's unable to be determined if it was supposed to be terrorism or not.

This goes a long way to prove that systemic racism in America is not real and is solely an invention of the Left.
Right. Systemic racism does not occur. The left wishes it so.

Without knowing the motivation of the crime it's unable to be determined if it was supposed to be terrorism or not.

Motivation matters.

So hammer them, but not like a terrorist.

Or simply throw the book at them charge them with a different crime give then same punishment and be done with it.

Or simply throw the book at them charge them with a different crime give then same punishment and be done with it.

I don't like framing justice as punishment. Justice is security and redemption. We need to secure ourselves and provide opportunity for redemption however incomplete.

That's different for a terrorist and a hate crime faker. I figure we lean towards security on the former and redemption on the latter.

Aggravating factor: for all we knew, until the criminal was found, it was terrorism.

Take those considerations, look at relevant sentences for similar crimes and secure justice from there.

I don't like framing justice as punishment. Justice is security and redemption. We need to secure ourselves and provide opportunity for redemption however incomplete.

That's different for a terrorist and a hate crime faker. I figure we lean towards security on the former and redemption on the latter.

Aggravating factor: for all we knew, until the criminal was found, it was terrorism.

Take those considerations, look at relevant sentences for similar crimes and secure justice from there.
I understand your point. Just think it's totally wrong. Give the fakers the same penalties. Their fake crimes caused real outragecand anger. That is one major reason I think they deserve no sympathy or breaks.

I understand your point. Just think it's totally wrong. Give the fakers the same penalties. Their fake crimes caused real outragecand anger. That is one major reason I think they deserve no sympathy or breaks.

I get the outrage and lack of sympathy. I understand wanting a strong sentence. But they're not the same danger to society. It's not like they'll escalate and fake shoot up a church.

I get the outrage and lack of sympathy. I understand wanting a strong sentence. But they're not the same danger to society. It's not like they'll escalate and fake shoot up a church.

I disagree that are less of a danger to society.
Thinking specifically about the black church that was framed as a hate crime but was really an inside insurance fraud job. That building was burnt and posed the same risk regardless of hate crime or fake

I disagree that are less of a danger to society.
Thinking specifically about the black church that was framed as a hate crime but was really an inside insurance fraud job. That building was burnt and posed the same risk regardless of hate crime or fake

Not the same.

Not the same.

Got you; it runs counter to your point so it must be different. We just dint agree o. This issue and that's perfectly ok.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom