• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 More Hate Hoaxes, This Time At Goucher College In Maryland

Fake hate crimes prove racism isn't a problem?
Prove?
Not necessarily.
That folks have to go out of their way to fake them can suggest real ones are few and far between.

But you understand that fake hate crimes aren't terrorism, right? Different motives.
Fake hate crimes have been used to influence political opinion have they not?
Of course those done with such intent are terrorism.

Those that are intended as such should be treated as such.

Why do you qualify, "white racism"? Black people are incapable, socially, of oppressing white people as a group.

Besides being stupid your claim is also false.

I would suggest you leave definitions that apply within your field of study, to your field of study which they were designed for, as outside your field of study the actual, long defined general definitions apply.

We cannot and maintain intellectual integrity.

Fake hate crimes are despicable but they're not terrorism.

If the fake hate crimes are intended to and/or have the same terror effect on people, I'm going with this is baloney.

This is a "hate" crime (as if there were friendly violent crimes). It causes the same fear/discomfort for the minority targeted. On top of that, it hurts relationships and furthers illusions of how bad things are, which actually kind of leads to making them worse.

It pains me to use the absurd term hate crime, but if it actually meant anything, this would be in that category.

There is systemic racism. There is plain racism (from every race and let's not idiotically pretend you can't be racist against whites). These are real problems that lose tons of ground when this kind of absurd crime is done making everything worse on the minority and the group trying also to improve things.

Punish the hell out of the guy who hates his own race enough to make things worse. Punish him as if he was the white guy he pretended to be and throw the book at him.

Got you; it runs counter to your point so it must be different. We just dint agree o. This issue and that's perfectly ok.

Insurance fraud is obviously different than terrorism.

I understand your point. Just think it's totally wrong. Give the fakers the same penalties. Their fake crimes caused real outragecand anger. That is one major reason I think they deserve no sympathy or breaks.

Same results. Different motives, with fake hate crimes actually being worse than actual hate crimes. Why? Because for the sake of "winning" or "proving" or "convincing", the fake perp has sacrificed the very people they purport to defend or care for. That's sick. That's collateral damage. That's saying sacrificing people and their emotional and physical well being is OK if you're doing it for the cause. That's the ends justifies the means.
Who even goes "there"?

Insurance fraud is obviously different than terrorism.

The church was just as burnt from that fake hate crime as itvwoukd of been if it was a real one. It was not less damaging to that society.

The church was just as burnt from that fake hate crime as itvwoukd of been if it was a real one. It was not less damaging to that society.

If a white church did the same and blamed black people it still wouldn't be a hate crime. The motive is insurance fraud.

If a white church did the same and blamed black people it still wouldn't be a hate crime.

No **** it would be a faked hate crime and IMO should get same punishment that a hate crime would of gotten end of story

No **** it would be a faked hate crime and IMO should get same punishment that a hate crime would of gotten end of story

There's no sense to equating different crimes with different danger to society. We don't prosecute jaywalkers as murderers because they're different threats to public security.

There's no sense to equating different crimes with different danger to society. We don't prosecute jaywalkers as murderers because they're different threats to public security.

Jaywalking and murder are on opposite ends of criminal behaviour they aren't even close. I see hate crime and fake hate crimes as close cousins and therefore should be prosecuted as like crimes. You may differ in your opinion but you will not change my mind on how I would like to seem them prosecuted.

Jaywalking and murder are on opposite ends of criminal behaviour they aren't even close. I see hate crime and fake hate crimes as close cousins and therefore should be prosecuted as like crimes. You may differ in your opinion but you will not change my mind on how I would like to seem them prosecuted.

You want to equate things that aren't hate crimes with hate crime. Insurance fraud and other crimes are not hate crimes. Trying to equate everything with a hate crime is nonsensical.

You want to equate things that aren't hate crimes with hate crime. Insurance fraud and other crimes are not hate crimes. Trying to equate everything with a hate crime is nonsensical.

Like I said IMO a fake hate crime should receive the sane punishment as a real one would. You feel different good on you, but it isn't going to change my opinion. Throw the book at them.

Like I said IMO a fake hate crime should receive the sane punishment as a real one would. You feel different good on you, but it isn't going to change my opinion. Throw the book at them.

I totally agree. Anyone who commits a phony hate crime should be charged with a hate crime themselves.

This goes a long way to prove that systemic racism in America is not real and is solely an invention of the Left.

The only thing funnier than me seeing what you are doing here... is that someone "liked" your post as if you were for realz.

Yes, those words... Only an idiot would interpret what I said to mean "Fake hate crimes prove racism isn't a problem".

You were minimalizing. You can't back out of it now.

Prove?
Not necessarily.
That folks have to go out of their way to fake them can suggest real ones are few and far between.

Fake hate crimes have been used to influence political opinion have they not?
Of course those done with such intent are terrorism.

Those that are intended as such should be treated as such.

Besides being stupid your claim is also false.

I would suggest you leave definitions that apply within your field of study, to your field of study which they were designed for, as outside your field of study the actual, long defined general definitions apply.

Call fake hate crimes meddling in elections, then.

Last edited:
I will call it what it is based on the intent of the actor.

We could deduce that a fake hate crime is meant to give sympathy to the oppressed in the hate crime and guilt to the usual 'hate crime suspects'.

Back
Top Bottom