• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 juveniles killed and at least 9 others shot in the East Allegheny area of Pittsburgh, officials say

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The headline: 2 juveniles killed and at least 9 others shot in the East Allegheny area of Pittsburgh, officials say

The lede: Two young people were fatally shot and at least nine others were injured by gunfire overnight in Pittsburgh's East Allegheny neighborhood, officials said early Sunday morning.

The shootings happened around 12:30 a.m. and stemmed from a large party at a short-term rental property where as many as 200 people had gathered, the city of Pittsburgh said in a news release. Many of those at the party were underage, the release said.

The link:
The comment: Guns.

Again.

Two more people killed. Dead from gunshot.

On average in the United States of America, one person dies from gunshot every 30 minutes. This is the level of carnage that results from our prsent laws and their level of enforcement.

Guns.

Again.

Stay safe 'n well . . . 'n un-shot.

Again.

On average in the United States of America, one person dies from gunshot every 30 minutes. This is the level of carnage that results from our prsent laws and their level of enforcement.

Guns.

Again.

Thugs with guns. Even if we were able to make guns disappear overnight, we'd still have thugs killing each other.

I'd LOVE to make guns disappear. I've even shared my plan several times here.

Unfortunately, the lefts proposal for the thug problem is to stop prosecuting them, let them go free, stop chasing them, let them not show ID and run away, increase the dollar value of what constitutes a felony, early release, no bail, free drug paraphernalia, safe injection sites, etc, etc..

Thugs with guns. Even if we were able to make guns disappear overnight, we'd still have thugs killing each other.

Unfortunately, the lefts proposal for the thug problem is to stop prosecuting them, let them go free, stop chasing them, let them not show ID and run away, increase the dollar value of what constitutes a felony, early release, no bail, free drug paraphernalia, safe injection sites, etc, etc..
and then as if we don't have enough of that here in the US, the left will open the border and let the drugs, and weaponry flow from illegals.

Hi, Schism.

Thank you for taking time to respond.

Meanwhile, the carnage continues.

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n un-shot.

and then as if we don't have enough of that here in the US, the left will open the border and let the drugs, and weaponry flow from illegals.

Hi, Queen Margo.

Thank you for taking time to respond.

The headline: 2 juveniles killed and at least 9 others shot in the East Allegheny area of Pittsburgh, officials say

The lede: Two young people were fatally shot and at least nine others were injured by gunfire overnight in Pittsburgh's East Allegheny neighborhood, officials said early Sunday morning.

The shootings happened around 12:30 a.m. and stemmed from a large party at a short-term rental property where as many as 200 people had gathered, the city of Pittsburgh said in a news release. Many of those at the party were underage, the release said.

The link:

Again.

Guns.

Again.

We live 10 minutes from there.

As of this typing police is holding a press conference, but incredibly, not all the local news stations are showing it. WTAE is, KDKA is not!

I believe someone was livestreaming during their escape.

Last edited:
damn. is that 4 high profile mass shootings in 2 weeks??

Are we the only developed nation with thugs? If locking people up made us safer, we would be the safest country on earth.

We live 10 minutes from there.

As of this typing police is [sic] holding a press conference, but incredibly, not all the local news stations are showing it. WTAE is, KDKA is not!

Hi, donhughesmusic.

Thank you for taking time to respond to my OP.

The link:

Again.

Guns.

Again.

What current law was not enforced that led to this? What new law would you implement that is constitutional, that would have prevented this?

The problem with the whole scenario of killings is the fact that quite a few people "Lose it" for even a few minutes. Yes, even people in Australia.
The good thing is those who lose-it in Australia don't have the chance to run to their car/house/belt and kill many people.
The sad truth is this> Americans can't handle the reality of easy-to-get guns. The facts and statistics prove over and over that they can't.
One can make up a million reasons but it's just lame excuses. Many people here are just not stable enough to not kill people.
Yeah, I know it sucks, but again, it's the sad truth.

The problem with the whole scenario of killings is the fact that quite a few people "Lose it" for even a few minutes. Yes, even people in Australia.
The good thing is those who lose-it in Australia don't have the chance to run to their car/house/belt and kill many people.
The sad truth is this> Americans can't handle the reality of easy-to-get guns. The facts and statistics prove over and over that they can't.
One can make up a million reasons but it's just lame excuses. Many people here are just not stable enough to not kill people.
It's not fair to compare Australia and the USA. One country was founded by peaceful religious refugees, the other by transported criminals. Of course one would become a more violent society than the other.

Even if we were able to make guns disappear overnight, we'd still have thugs killing each other.
Hear! Hear!

It is not the guns.

It is the "misunderstood" young gentlemen who lack a conscience.

I live in a (so far) nice area. (Although not nice people brazenly come here to cause their usual mayhem.)

This morning the news told me someone was walking in this area at 3 a.m. (really stupid to do that!) when he was shot by a suspect who is wanted. No description of the perp -- of course! Victim in hospital.

Yep, freedom is the ‘root cause’ of crime. ;)

Thugs with guns. Even if we were able to make guns disappear overnight, we'd still have thugs [people] killing each other.

I edited your errors.

Let's hear it.

Last edited:
Darn those roving bands of guns running around killing people...

Yes, I wake up in fear every morning. NOT.

330,000,000 people in the United States. 19,000 deaths by guns (not suicides). You do the math.

Most of those deaths are confined to certain areas. That makes the math all the more obscure.

As sad as it may be, there's some people that can't handle freedom and they're the ones that make it bad for the rest of us.

Yep, just label them as ‘prohibited persons’ and allow them to roam freely among us with the sincere hope that they will not manage to *gasp* illegally acquire a gun. Many seem to believe that such a system will work, if only they were allowed to treat gun possession as a mere state issued privilege (like driving on public roadways).

Back
Top Bottom