• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

2 found guilty of hate crimes related to death of immigrant

Cold Highway

Dispenser of Negativity
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Derrick M. Donchak, 20, of Shenandoah, and Brandon J. Piekarsky, 18, of Shenandoah Heights, had previously been acquitted of murder charges in state court and convicted of simple assault.

But Donchak and Piekarsky were charged in federal court with hate crimes and depriving Luis Ramirez of his civil rights. Donchak also was accused of trying to cover up the July 12, 2008, crime.

"Four people attacked one person because of his race and because they didn't want people like him living in their town," prosecutor Myesha K. Braden said during her closing argument.

Witnesses testified that racist language was used before and during the attack and that Ramirez was kicked in the head repeatedly after falling down. The defendants, they said, didn't want immigrants in their neighborhood and repeatedly ordered Ramirez to leave.

A couple things I want to comment on based on this article

1. The ****stains deserve the death penalty, a death for a death

2. Yea he was probably illegal but that doesnt translate into having the legal right to murder him unless it was in self defense. The article doesnt say

3. Hate Crimes are bull**** and only add fuel to the fire, charge the ****ers with murder than send them to the chair

4. Another reason why to support the 2nd Amendment

2 found guilty of hate crimes related to death of immigrant - CNN.com

How would supporting the 2nd amendment change this situation?

How would supporting the 2nd amendment change this situation?

It wouldn't as rights in the Constitution don't apply to non-citizens. At least that's what I've heard conservatives say. It's the reason waterboarding was justified you know. Arabs not born in the U.S. were not subject to American law and could therefor be deprived of legal representation and basic human rights.

It wouldn't as rights in the Constitution don't apply to non-citizens. At least that's what I've heard conservatives say. It's the reason waterboarding was justified you know. Arabs not born in the U.S. were not subject to American law and could therefor be deprived of legal representation and basic human rights.

Hate to break it to you Pal but I have been a Conservative all my life and am no kid, and I have never heard any Conservative say illegals have no rights.

They should have basic human rights.

The should not have the right to:
1. Be here
2. a job
3. welfare
4. public housing
5. free medical care except to stabilize them for deprotation
6, any public assistance what so ever

If any one hires one he or she should be charged with a felony and face a minimum of 5 years in prison.

A person (including a group of persons, business, organization or local government) commits a federal felony when he:

* assists an alien whom he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him to obtain employment,
* encourages that alien to remain in the U.S., by referring him to an employer, by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
* knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

Penalties upon conviction include criminal fines, imprisonment, and forfeiture of vehicles and real property used to commit the crime.

Wow that sounds tough. Too bad that's the law today.

The two who did this crime are murderers and I agree hate crimes is a BS term. You are either a criminal or you're not, there is no gray area.

If the laws were enforced the illegals would go home. Just look at what they say about thousands leaving Arizona before the law went into effect.

The sad thing there is it is a mirror of the Federal laws Obama and his cadre of Oath breaker fail to enforce. I think it should be plenty of grounds for impeachment.

I don't think anyone's going to come in here and actively say, "Nah, those guys are just fine, what's one dead illegal immigrant?"

Though, I'm constantly astounded by Tea-Party idiocy. So, we'll see.

I don't think anyone's going to come in here and actively say, "Nah, those guys are just fine, what's one dead illegal immigrant?"

Maybe not here but if you read comments on yahoo, aol and other message boards, some assholes think these scumbags should get medals.

Hate to break it to you Pal but I have been a Conservative all my life and am no kid, and I have never heard any Conservative say illegals have no rights.

Law.com - AG Mukasey: Aliens Have No Right to Effective Assistance of Counsel

Attorney General Michael Mukasey ruled Wednesday that aliens have no constitutional right to challenge the outcome of their deportation hearings based on their lawyers' mistakes.

Mukasey's 34-page opinion is binding on the nation's 53 immigration courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals, which are overseen by the Justice Department's Executive Office for Immigration Review.

The ruling dispenses with a 15-year-old precedent, established in Matter of Lozada, that allowed aliens to obtain a new hearing due to lawyer error. While aliens have no Sixth Amendment right to counsel, Lozada acknowledged their right to effective assistance under the due process clause of the Fifth Amendment.

The opinion does not rule out aliens succeeding on a claims of ineffective assistance, but it is expected to sharply reduce their chances. Immigration judges and the BIA will have complete discretion in assessing the claims, and the opinion raises the standard for prevailing under them. Aliens must show that their attorneys' failings were "egregious" and that they likely affected the outcome of the case.

Do you think ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS have the Rights to Fair Wages??? « Scotty Starnes's Blog

I say Hell No! If you’re ILLEGAL, you have no grounds to ask for rights that Americans and LEGAL immigrants have.

Obama’s tax cheat Labor Secretary, and open border advocate, Hilda Solis, believes ILLEGALS do have rights to fair wages…so they can avoid paying taxes and send the majority of their money back to Mexico. Solis is promoting illegal immigration.

Why is it hard for Progressives to understand what the word ILLEGAL means. Since when do ILLEGALS have a right to work? How can you work in the United States without a legal social security card or other documents that prove they can work LEGALLY in the US? Liberals/Progressives claim it is racial profiling to ask for these documents.

Maybe if our government would enforce our immigration laws and stop allowing these parasites to burden our education, legal, health care and welfare systems, these ILLEGALS would go home. Not to mention the burden these ILLEGALS place upon the taxpayers and LEGAL immigrants.

Your no scottsman argument is easily defeated with 5 mins of research.

Back
Top Bottom