• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

$1B in One week goes to Russia and Syria. Guess what US CITIZENS get????

The USofA is finally leaving Afghanistan. That it took so long is more a function of 6 years of poor BushII management of the war, a very illconceived 'nation building' program and extremely low troop levels and priority. Iraq sucked the air out of our mission in Afghanistan.

You are so blinded by your one sided political bias you can't see straight. There has been more US troops killed under Obama than under Bush in Afghanistan and Obama has lost the war not won it by any stretch of the imagination.

The USofA didn't invade Libya.

Call it what you will, but it was all for oil. I knew you had no answer by we bombed the carp out of Libya.

BushII handed Obama Iraq on the graves of 4,488 good American soldiers, it wasn't a sliver platter. Again you are saying Nixon lost Vietnam because he ended the crap deal LBJ started.

And Obama squandered all the blood and treasure of the USA that was spent by pulling out and now it's yet again a blood bath. And how many Americans have died under Obama in losing the war in Afghanistan?

I never got a chance to tell President Obama my views on the drone program, but in fairness President BushII never asked me either.

Yeah, Obama's drones take no prisoners for Clubgetmo, its more humane to just murder them and anyone else standing around and ask questions latter. But in Obama's case he don't ask questions.

The true comparison is the shrug BushII supporters gave 'collateral damage' from the airstrikes done before Obama took office to the rather shrill calls of murder now. :roll:

Obama's drones and his collateral damage and Bill Ayres is calling for him to be tried for war crimes.

It is odd to hear claims of an overly restrictive ROE AND murder caused by airstrikes called in by the troops. If President Obama was to end all airstrikes imagine the howls from the Right. Remember President Obama doesn't approve each air strike, the US Military in Afghanistan does.

What are you talking about, we're talking Obama's Drones killing anything standing in the way and who cares if any others are innocent. Obama --- Kills them

Actually many more in much higher positions around the world are saying the BushII and his immediate cabinet should be tried for war crimes. Let's get THAT straight, it doesn't matter if my mom's first born or bill Ayers says something, it matters if the World Court is willing to try BushII and his staff. (And BushII and his running buddies seem aware of that difference because they travel the USofA rather freely but seem to be avoiding going outside of borders for fear of arrest and trial.)

Many more in much higher positions around the world, are you kidding me. Who the **** are they and who cares. Oh that's right a bunch of liberal nut cases. But here we have a far left liberal calling for Obama's head.

See the difference?

See the difference

Honestly the bitter Right really wanted President Obama to cut and run as soon as he was elected. That he didn't has some twisting reality until it snaps. Trying to accomplish the mission after so long a delay that the Taliban could recover, the warlords establish control of a new opium market and control of the countryside outside of Kabul. what hesitant gains in moving to the West have been rolled back not by the Taliban but by the Afghan government itself!

Obama has failed in Afghanistan, Period. I know you don't want to accept that but he failed. He increased the troop level by 30,000 and still lost the war. You give a lame excuse, that you say it's all because of Bush, what's new about that, it's always Bush's fault. But you say the long delay the Taliban could recover and the warlords control the new opium market and then you blame the Afghan government. Shouldn't Obama have known all this before he sent in 30,000 troops. Just how stupid is Obama?

You are so blinded by your one sided political bias you can't see straight. There has been more US troops killed under Obama than under Bush in Afghanistan and Obama has lost the war not won it by any stretch of the imagination. Call it what you will, but it was all for oil. I knew you had no answer by we bombed the carp out of Libya. And Obama squandered all the blood and treasure of the USA that was spent by pulling out and now it's yet again a blood bath. And how many Americans have died under Obama in losing the war in Afghanistan? Yeah, Obama's drones take no prisoners for Clubgetmo, its more humane to just murder them and anyone else standing around and ask questions latter. But in Obama's case he don't ask questions. Obama's drones and his collateral damage and Bill Ayres is calling for him to be tried for war crimes. What are you talking about, we're talking Obama's Drones killing anything standing in the way and who cares if any others are innocent. Obama --- Kills them Many more in much higher positions around the world, are you kidding me. Who the **** are they and who cares. Oh that's right a bunch of liberal nut cases. But here we have a far left liberal calling for Obama's head.

You are so blinded by political bias you can't think straight. BushII in Afghanistan vs Obama??? Can you be any more bias? BushII abandoned Afghanistan to go pick a war with Iraq. Obama got stuck with cleaning yet another BushII mess up. Never said won anything, just has to clean it up and end it, just like Nixon had to for our involvement in Vietnam.

The USofA never bombed the crap out of Libya, never invaded Libya, have no idea where you are getting any of that crap from.

It is one of the worst myths we have, the idea we can make people think what we want them to at the point of a bayonet. Will never happen in Iraq and never in Afghanistan. Both were crucial mistakes BushII and his Neo-con advisers made. The 'bloodbath' in Iraq has been going on no matter how many USofA troops are there. It is something we never understand, perhaps that says good things about us, but it doesn't justify our invasion of Iraq. same with Agfhanistan, BushII made the fatal choice of changing from punitive to nation building to justify staying longer in Afghanistan looking for Osama, as if he was a common criminal. BushII's best plan once Osama bribed his way out of Tora Bora was to post a Wanted Poster. :roll:

You once again miss the difference between drone strikes on a very select few based on very hard intel vs the say so of a warlord collecting bounties or being detained in other countries for traveling in 'suspect' countries. The vast majority of the Guests at Gitmo were not intelligence assets to glean valuable details from. So the difference is many of the Gitmo Guests were of no use to us and the dead al-Queera leaders were in fact al-Queera leaders.

Again your harsh partisan hate blinds you from reality. The world Leaders who would charge BushII with war crimes are not nobodies we don't care about. They were some of the very world leaders BushII wanted joining in on the preemptive invasion of Iraq. BushII and his cabinet won't go to EUROPE- thats EUROPE not some 3rd world little mess- because of the fear of arrest!

One of your better posts as it once again doesn't offer any facts so it doesn't lie.... :peace

Please post which countries in Europe have arrest warrants for Bush and his cabinet on war crimes.

You are so blinded by political bias you can't think straight. BushII in Afghanistan vs Obama??? Can you be any more bias? BushII abandoned Afghanistan to go pick a war with Iraq. Obama got stuck with cleaning yet another BushII mess up. Never said won anything, just has to clean it up and end it, just like Nixon had to for our involvement in Vietnam.

The USofA never bombed the crap out of Libya, never invaded Libya, have no idea where you are getting any of that crap from.

It's nice to hear you're up to speed on Libya

On March 19, 2011, the eighth anniversary of the Iraq War, Barack Obama started the Libyan War. Those who might claim that it was not the President, but Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi who started this war, ignore that it only became our fight the moment Obama decided to intervene. Those who support our bombing of Libya to enforce a no-fly zone claim that these actions will not lead to a larger or more entrenched conflict. This claim not only contradicts most of America’s foreign policy history, but proves that our political establishment has learned virtually nothing from the lessons of Iraq.

Obama’s Libyan War | The American Conservative

It is one of the worst myths we have, the idea we can make people think what we want them to at the point of a bayonet. Will never happen in Iraq and never in Afghanistan. Both were crucial mistakes BushII and his Neo-con advisers made. The 'bloodbath' in Iraq has been going on no matter how many USofA troops are there. It is something we never understand, perhaps that says good things about us, but it doesn't justify our invasion of Iraq. same with Agfhanistan, BushII made the fatal choice of changing from punitive to nation building to justify staying longer in Afghanistan looking for Osama, as if he was a common criminal. BushII's best plan once Osama bribed his way out of Tora Bora was to post a Wanted Poster. :roll:

More of our Men and Woman died under Obama than under Bush, further it was Obama who added 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan, not Bush.. Obama has lost the war in Afghanistan not Bush.

You once again miss the difference between drone strikes on a very select few based on very hard intel vs the say so of a warlord collecting bounties or being detained in other countries for traveling in 'suspect' countries. The vast majority of the Guests at Gitmo were not intelligence assets to glean valuable details from. So the difference is many of the Gitmo Guests were of no use to us and the dead al-Queera leaders were in fact al-Queera leaders.

I don't care who you think is in Clubgetmo, the fact is Obama kills them before he would ever put them in the Club. That is a fact. And the last I remember Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is in Clubgetmo.

Again your harsh partisan hate blinds you from reality. The world Leaders who would charge BushII with war crimes are not nobodies we don't care about. They were some of the very world leaders BushII wanted joining in on the preemptive invasion of Iraq. BushII and his cabinet won't go to EUROPE- thats EUROPE not some 3rd world little mess- because of the fear of arrest!

Why don't you quit beating your drum and just come out and post up all the outstanding warrants against Bush and clan for war crimes. I would sure like to see them. Those world leaders you talk about are the same "nobodies" that rely on us to protect their country.

Repeat after me. Bush did it, it's all Bush's fault, Bush did it, it's all Bushes fault, Bush did it, it's all Bush's fault. Now don't you feel better.

Please post which countries in Europe have arrest warrants for Bush and his cabinet on war crimes.

Laughing-No countries have filed PUBLIC warrants, however BushII cancelled his Swiss trip in 2011 to show support for Israel amid calls for his arrest. While almost every former president has gone to Europe to address meetings and inaugurations/coronations/memorials BushII and his team seem unwilling to continue that tradition.

It is a good dodge, no formal warrants but BushII and his band of Merry Men fear there maybe secret warrants waiting for those named to set foot on any one of 147 countries' soil that signed the torture treaty. We do that for criminals we hope will come here.

Easy enough to find out, let BushII go address NATO, the EU, or that Israeli group he snubbed in 2011.... :peace

Your right where is that oil? But better than that why did we spend a dime to do anything in Libya? Obama wars for oil.

[/url]

bombing of libya had zero to do with oil,rather it had to do with gaddafi implementing a gold standard,as well as trying to get other countries to follow and also set up a competing bank to the imf,in order to eliminates the wests hand in africa through money.

of course not only was gaddafi trying to eliminate western banks influence,he was trying to eliminate their currencies influence as well by switching to gold.

but of course too many major banks had too much money tied up in africa,and gaddafi was seen as a direct threat.

Ah I see. So when Bush war-mongers, he's a monster, but when Obama war-mongers, it's all good. I tend to think both warlords are pieces of ****. Maybe we should worry about the problems in our own country.

The difference between Bush and Obama is organizational inertia. Once an organization has been established, and is very difficult to change without incredible risk, resources, and effort.

Even if Obama had any real incentive or responsibility to change course (unlike you, I don't see that he does), the organization itself is against him.

Nothing but DEBT!!! and a ex-bridge to live under!

U.S. will buy Russian helicopters for Afghan military - World News

and

$300 mil for syria, a place we have nohting to care about in.......

and next year the $700mil of Russian choppers will be sold back to russia for scrap as the Afgan Commanders cash in and
leave Afganistain........just like they have at every opportunity so far......

Leaving the $1B in Debt for this US CITIZEN to pay off.......I wonder HOW is the impoverished US CITIZEN to pay even this TINY
$1B off?

View attachment 67149099

Of course, you had this same complaint when the US was spending more than $1B per week for YEARS on end prosecuting an elective war in Iraq and an elective occupation of Afghanistan? Seriously, $1B was just one week in Iraq.

Worrying about this is a bit like having a cow the $8 tiramisu on the restaurant tab after we already spent $1,500 on wine.

bombing of libya had zero to do with oil,rather it had to do with gaddafi implementing a gold standard,as well as trying to get other countries to follow and also set up a competing bank to the imf,in order to eliminates the wests hand in africa through money.

of course not only was gaddafi trying to eliminate western banks influence,he was trying to eliminate their currencies influence as well by switching to gold.

but of course too many major banks had too much money tied up in africa,and gaddafi was seen as a direct threat.

I've heard thy call oil "black gold" so it's all the same to me. Oil, gold, what difference does it make, as Hillery would say.

I've heard thy call oil "black gold" so it's all the same to me. Oil, gold, what difference does it make, as Hillery would say.

yeah but none of it has to do with oil,otherwise we would have actually taken it,rather it has to do with currency,in iraq and iran,its the rejection of the us dollar for trading,in libya,it was trying to unite africa away from the dollar and western banks towards a strong gold standard,and an african bank system to keep western govts from running africa through money.

Back
Top Bottom