• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

19 Chicago cops stripped of police powers for not complying with vaccine reporting mandate

But the vaccinated can spread the virus just as easily as the unvaccinated
Wow it's almost as if you're talking about something you clearly know nothing about, despite the basic facts being incredibly easy to understand if you put 10 minutes of thought into it

--

The CPD mandate woes have been ubiquitously covered by MSN, Left, & Right, news sources. However, besides general headlines attesting to "1/3 of CPD Defy Mandate", they really haven't been going into the relevant details that more accurately describe the issue beyond the sensationalist headlines.

I'd like to address the situation with a few details, and I'll try to keep it short & succinct:

1] 1/3 of the Police have refused the current city request to submit their vaccination status.

Essentially, that's it in a nutshell. The Police are refusing to share their vax status, even those that are vaccinated. The deadline to report status was last week, OCT 15th. That's where we're currently at - a missed reporting deadline. No other deadlines or other actions have been (yet) broached.

2] There is no 'hard mandate' to vaccinate

Yep. There's no mandate to vaccinate. There's a test opt-out. The officers need to be tested weekly, which they can bypass if they are vaccinated. The more accurate way to describe this is a, "test mandate". With the test mandate having a vax op-out.

IMO, the City is being reasonable. They are saying, "Vax, or Test - You Choose!" That's a policy I very much agree with. As a member of the public, who could be subject to physical contact beyond my ability to control it, I want to know the civil servants physically contacting me are not a possible hazard to my health. I think my concerns are reasonable.
Well that should slow down their crime rates. :rolleyes:

The trump crowd spends far more energy trying to justify this stupidity than they would have if they’d just got the shot.

And in this specific instance (CPD), it simply means weekly testing. I think that's a fair offer, in lieu of mandating the vaccine.

Tell that to the insubordinate cops. We need them on the streets. Jags!
Maybe The Mayor and City Council will start patrolling the streets. Or sending social workers.

No one with a brian would tell you. that.

He makes a half-way reasonable vase, though.

If had a definite confirmation that I had the virus, and had minimal to moderate effects from it, and ALSO IF I had strong concerns about the vaccines, I could see the reticence.

Vaccination is not a 100% guarantee

Just ask Colin Powell
Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. A person who had a cancer of the immune system, already diseases immune system and the vaccines require the immune system.

Next moronic trolling post please

One way to weed out the bad cops ..........
So now a cop is "bad" because they say no to the vaccine mandate? You make it sound like they are taking bribes or enjoy brutalizing suspects of certain ethnicities.

Maybe The Mayor and City Council will start patrolling the streets. Or sending social workers.
Chicago's city council idiots would probably engage in graft deals with drug dealers.

No one with a brian would tell you. that.
Right. People with a 'brian' (sic) suggest that those who have had the virus get vaccinated for ADDED protection. Meaning they already have some level of protection. Since I have had it and recovered, the virus is no longer 'novel' to my immune system. Can I get it again? Sure. Does that frighten me? No. You liberals afraid of your own shadows will be living in fear of this virus for the rest of your lives.

He makes a half-way reasonable vase, though.

If had a definite confirmation that I had the virus, and had minimal to moderate effects from it, and ALSO IF I had strong concerns about the vaccines, I could see the reticence.
I think there are tests that can be run to see how strong their immunity is to Covid. If Fletch had recent documentation of that, I'd accept it if his immunity was strong.

False. This has also been explained to you repeatedly. You're just lying, over and over and over again. Run along now.
Sorry, Im not going anywhere. If you have explained it before you should have no problem explaining it again. Unless, of course, you are just lying. Which you are.

Oh come-on, get serious.

The good coppers have been asked to take a weekly test. I see no problem with that. The public needs to be safe, and that's not a lot to require. I'm concerned that those that are insubordinate over getting tested, might be doing far worse on the streets than we can't easily see. I'd hope eventually this minority crowd could be replaced by more cooperative & abiding officers.

Of the 40 that were relieved of police power and sent home without pay Monday, over half of them cooperated and are now back on the job. An that's only after 24 hours! I'm sure more will follow, as they are stuck in the house with their wives' 'talking sense into them' all day!

Oh come-on, get serious.

The good coppers have been asked to take a weekly test. I see no problem with that. The public needs to be safe, and that's not a lot to require. I'm concerned that those that are insubordinate over getting tested, might be doing far worse on the streets than we can't easily see. I'd hope eventually this minority crowd could be replaced by more cooperative & abiding officers.

Of the 40 that were relieved of police power and sent home without pay Monday, over half of them cooperated and are now back on the job. An that's only after 24 hours! I'm sure more will follow, as they are stuck in the house with their wives' 'talking sense into them' all day!
Yes, just like those healthcare workers in New York and Maine who said Never! And then when they were about to lose their jobs, 99% said Well, Okay.

Actually dismissing these guys is going to make everyone think twice, imo.

Right. People with a 'brian' (sic) suggest that those who have had the virus get vaccinated for ADDED protection. Meaning they already have some level of protection. Since I have had it and recovered, the virus is no longer 'novel' to my immune system. Can I get it again? Sure. Does that frighten me? No. You liberals afraid of your own shadows will be living in fear of this virus for the rest of your lives.

No, people with brains tell you to get vaccinated. Period.

Vaccination is not a 100% guarantee

Just ask Colin Powell
Especially if you're 84 and have multiple serious underlying medical conditions that are severely impairing your body's ability to fight off diseases and infections of any sort.

Investing in social workers to handle the mental health crisis calls instead of boosting the police department actually might work

Thanks for the article.

But, the key phrase is:

"a social worker to respond in tandem with officers"

"Tandem", is the key word.

Back
Top Bottom