• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

1800+ casulties? Try 9000!

Originally posted by cnredd:
Yes there are many posts that can't be confirmed....but most of them are POSTS, not THREADSTARTERS....If everyone put out threads with unsubstantiated facts on anything they feel like, how many threads would we have? 10,000?...20,000?...tons more?

It dilutes the forum...i.e...poison.

I'd expect someone with your length of time here to know better...Maybe I shouldn't have raised my bar so high....
What makes these facts unsubstantiated?

Billo_Really said:
What makes these facts unsubstantiated?

There's nothing to substantiate it? Just a guess...

Originally posted by Kelzie:
They refer to a DoD list that is being circulated around Washington. Either this is a total lie, or the substantiation lyes in that list.

Kelzie said:

Once again Spock; you're logic is impeccable...:rofl

Once again Spock; you're logic is impeccable...
See post #28.

Billo_Really said:
They refer to a DoD list that is being circulated around Washington. Either this is a total lie, or the substantiation lyes in that list.

I'm very curious as to how they pick who is going to be reported. A friends brother-in-law was number 1500. Do you think there's a lottery system or something? And why haven't the 14,000 parents of these unreported 7,000 said anything? Is it all a big conspiracy? Are there green men and laser beams involved?

I'm very curious as to how they pick who is going to be reported. A friends brother-in-law was number 1500. Do you think there's a lottery system or something? And why haven't the 14,000 parents of these unreported 7,000 said anything? Is it all a big conspiracy? Are there green men and laser beams involved?
Let me put is to you this way. Do you think it is totally impossible for this to be true?

Billo_Really said:
Let me put is to you this way. Do you think it is totally impossible for this to be true?

Yes. Totally and completely impossible. And I hate Bush. Well, hate is a strong word. I deeply loathe him. I hate this war. There is a lot I'm willing to believe about our government. But the fact that 14,000 parents would cover up the loss of a child is ridiculous.

Yes. Totally and completely impossible. And I hate Bush. Well, hate is a strong word. I deeply loathe him. I hate this war. There is a lot I'm willing to believe about our government. But the fact that 14,000 parents would cover up the loss of a child is ridiculous
Just how would you hear from these parents?

Billo_Really said:
Just how would you hear from these parents?

This isn't three people we're talking about here. It's 14,000. Not to mention all their friends, relatives, wives, children. We're easily talking about over 100,000 people who would have to be in on this. I mean, come on.

This isn't three people we're talking about here. It's 14,000. Not to mention all their friends, relatives, wives, children. We're easily talking about over 100,000 people who would have to be in on this. I mean, come on.
Just answer the question!

Good God. Do you serve any other purpose besides champion bull shitter? I shared your original post with my friend Big Foot. He thought it was great. That's all I have to say about your humorous conspiracy, because I have to go feed Lockness. He lives in my tub.

One saved round....It has nothing to do with Iraq, as these sentimenst are always the same in every conflict. We don't like our caskets in the news, because we don't want people exploiting and disrespecting. I wonder who would do that?

Billo_Really said:
Just answer the question!

Are you telling me that 100,000 people wouldn't notice that there loved one is not on the list of those killed in Iraq? Than 100,000 people would go to the media. And I don't care how crazy our government is getting, they couldn't cover that one up.

Are you telling me that 100,000 people wouldn't notice that there loved one is not on the list of those killed in Iraq? Than 100,000 people would go to the media. And I don't care how crazy our government is getting, they couldn't cover that one up.
Well we certainly haven't noticed the possible 100,000 Iraqis that have died!

Originally posted by GySgt:
Good God. Do you serve any other purpose besides champion bull shitter? I shared your original post with my friend Big Foot. He thought it was great. That's all I have to say about your humorous conspiracy, because I have to go feed Lockness. He lives in my tub.

One saved round....It has nothing to do with Iraq, as these sentimenst are always the same in every conflict. We don't like our caskets in the news, because we don't want people exploiting and disrespecting. I wonder who would do that?
The Easter Bunny, Gunny!

Billo_Really said:

And that surprises you? NOT saying that is the death count, but if it were: they're not our citizens. We don't know them, noone has connections to them.

And that surprises you? NOT saying that is the death count, but if it were: they're not our citizens. We don't know them, noone has connections to them.
This is the reason I don't think we are over there for their benefit. We don't want to bring them democracy. Because we don't care about them!

Billo_Really said:
This is the reason I don't think we are over there for their benefit. We don't want to bring them democracy. Because we don't care about them!

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think we went over there to give them democracy (just a question, if that was our honest reason, would you have supported the war?). But I think now that we are over there, it is one of our goals.

And that is the nature of humans. The farther people are removed from you, the less you care about them. Tell me, if it turns out that 1,000 people were killed by the hurricane, would that affect your more than the 1,000 people that just died in Iraq? I know it would affect me more. And I'm not saying their lives are worth less. I just don't have as strong of feelings for them as I do for my country men.

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think we went over there to give them democracy (just a question, if that was our honest reason, would you have supported the war?). But I think now that we are over there, it is one of our goals.

And that is the nature of humans. The farther people are removed from you, the less you care about them. Tell me, if it turns out that 1,000 people were killed by the hurricane, would that affect your more than the 1,000 people that just died in Iraq? I know it would affect me more. And I'm not saying their lives are worth less. I just don't have as strong of feelings for them as I do for my country men.
Apparently not strong enough to want to find out if 9000 of them really died!

Billo_Really said:
Apparently not strong enough to want to find out if 9000 of them really died!

I don't have to find out. I know they didn't.

I don't have to find out. I know they didn't.
And this is based on what?

Billo_Really said:

In the interests of, not only the truth, but to show the world how you debate, I will now show you YOUR OWN THREAD from less than two months ago....
Billo_Really said:
In the interest of being fair and balanced, I recently came across this article regarding the number of Iraqi civilian dead since the US invasion. As I stated in previous posts, the number was in upwards of 100,000 Iraqi deaths. This was based on a Johns Hopkins report that its authors are now indicating that the method of collecting the data was somewhat flawed.

25,000 civilians killed since Iraq invasion, says report
Simon Jeffery Tuesday July 19, 2005 Guardian Unlimited

The number of Iraqi civilians who met violent deaths in the two years after the US-led invasion was today put at 24,865 by an independent research team.
The figures, compiled from Iraqi and international media reports, found US and coalition military forces were responsible for 37% of the deaths, with anti-occupation forces and insurgents responsible for 9%. A further 36% were blamed on criminal violence.

This is located in the thread "Billo Off by 75,000 Deaths!"...which was authored by?...You guessed it...Billo Really...

It is beyond hope for you to be a positive aspect of this forum when you get found out about a false report, ADMIT IT, and then use the same facts at a later date...You are a shame and a disgrace to all...

This is located in the thread "Billo Off by 75,000 Deaths!"...which was authored by?...You guessed it...Billo Really...

It is beyond hope for you to be a positive aspect of this forum when you get found out about a false report, ADMIT IT, and then use the same facts at a later date...You are a shame and a disgrace to all...
Although I disagree with your conclusions, your opinions are always welcome.

Billo_Really said:
And this is based on what?

Logic man, logic. Unless you have an explanation for why 100,000 people have chosen to remain mum?

Logic man, logic. Unless you have an explanation for why 100,000 people have chosen to remain mum?
If this is logic, can you state this in the format of a "catagorical proposition" or by using "venn diagrams?"

Back
Top Bottom