• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

18 Year Old Lives off of Ramen Noodles for 13 Years, Has health of 80 Year Old

I have never had Ramen noodles. They just look blech.

Ramen noodles and similar instant noodles are awesome. You are missing out. They come in all kinds of flavors.They range from bland to spicy.You can put stuff in them like beef,chicken, or some other meat, mushrooms, vegetables or even top with a slice of American cheese(yes it has to be American cheese). Most of them you eat like a soup similar to the way you would eat chicken noodle soup and some of them you eat similar to the way you would eat spaghetti, Lo Mein or Yakisoba. Some Ramen/instant noodles come with just the soup base, some also come with dehydrated vegetables,seasoning oils, soy sauce,fish cake, tempura, chili paste, crispy fried onions, ground red pepper. Heck I even had ramen that came with crackers.

If anything, she looks sort of haggard and drawn. Her skin, for instance, looks like it would belong to someone much older, and her coloring is very off.

I have to wonder what her insides look like. A person can be very thin, but have horrible heart disease, high colesterol, and high bp.

I think there's more to the story than meets the eye.

I would guess this is an eating disorder and simply not a case of being picky. She's probably basing her "Love" of ramen to her being a stick and nothing else.

I have to wonder what her insides look like. A person can be very thin, but have horrible heart disease, high colesterol, and high bp.

I think there's more to the story than meets the eye.

I would guess this is an eating disorder and simply not a case of being picky. She's probably basing her "Love" of ramen to her being a stick and nothing else.

I the linked article, it says she's suffering from malnutrition. She's not getting the vitamins,minerals and protein she needs. The professionals think it would take lots of therapy to get her to eat properly now.

Also in that article, was a link with a video of how ramen noodles are digested. They go down, with great difficulty. Just not a food to base one's existence on. I guess no single food is.

I the linked article, it says she's suffering from malnutrition. She's not getting the vitamins,minerals and protein she needs. The professionals think it would take lots of therapy to get her to eat properly now.

Also in that article, was a link with a video of how ramen noodles are digested. They go down, with great difficulty. Just not a food to base one's existence on. I guess no single food is.

I think it has to be an exaggeration. I don't think a person could survive on a diet of only ramen noodles for so long. According to the article, she started eating "only" ramen when she was 5, so that makes it 13 years she has supposed lived on this diet. I'm skeptical.

I think it has to be an exaggeration. I don't think a person could survive on a diet of only ramen noodles for so long. According to the article, she started eating "only" ramen when she was 5, so that makes it 13 years she has supposed lived on this diet. I'm skeptical.

She is malnourished and as long as she had enough calories so she didn't starve? I think it's possible. She looks awful though. Very vitamin deficient. I'm surprised if she didn't get scurvy or rickets. So, maybe you are right Chris. She is getting something else.

She is malnourished and as long as she had enough calories so she didn't starve? I think it's possible. She looks awful though. Very vitamin deficient. I'm surprised if she didn't get scurvy or rickets. So, maybe you are right Chris. She is getting something else.

Or maybe she is eating the real ramen with meat and veg in it already, and not the kind that we are all thinking of. :lol: I don't remember if it mentioned that in the article or not, but here is real ramen noodle soup, which to me looks much better than the stuff you get at the grocery store.

soy_ramen.jpg

Ramen noodles and similar instant noodles are awesome. You are missing out. They come in all kinds of flavors.They range from bland to spicy.You can put stuff in them like beef,chicken, or some other meat, mushrooms, vegetables or even top with a slice of American cheese(yes it has to be American cheese). Most of them you eat like a soup similar to the way you would eat chicken noodle soup and some of them you eat similar to the way you would eat spaghetti, Lo Mein or Yakisoba. Some Ramen/instant noodles come with just the soup base, some also come with dehydrated vegetables,seasoning oils, soy sauce,fish cake, tempura, chili paste, crispy fried onions, ground red pepper. Heck I even had ramen that came with crackers.

They are a good for an Asian style soup. I cut up fresh veggies, cooking them in chicken stock and then add the noodles last so they don't get all ooky.

I've also cooked them a bit, draina and then add them to stir fry as a short cut to chow mein. That stuff takes so long to do from scratch. :p

As a starving student, a defo requirement though. :D

Or maybe she is eating the real ramen with meat and veg in it already, and not the kind that we are all thinking of. :lol: I don't remember if it mentioned that in the article or not, but here is real ramen noodle soup, which to me looks much better than the stuff you get at the grocery store.

View attachment 67146023

In the article, she says she does not eat veggies. She hates the texture.

“I hate the texture of fruit and vegetables," she said. “I can’t go to my friends' for dinner or go out for meals because I don’t want them to see me freak out if the side salad touches the stuff I eat. Mum goes to the supermarket and brings back as many packets as she can afford. I always fancy noodles and could easily eat two packets at once. I’ve even eaten them dry and uncooked before!

Readman could not be reached for comment but according to her doctors, she is malnourished and has the health of an 80 year old."

Whatever else she may be eating, it isn't much and has very little nutritional value.

In the article, she says she does not eat veggies. She hates the texture.

Whatever else she may be eating, it isn't much and has very little nutritional value.

Her parents must be idiots, and apparently they passed on the idiot gene.

They are a good for an Asian style soup. I cut up fresh veggies, cooking them in chicken stock and then add the noodles last so they don't get all ooky.

I like getting a pack of Shin Ramyun, some sliced beef, mushroom and once its all cooked I put a slice of American cheese on it.If you never had Korean ramen most of the brands I come across are spicy.

90074-nong-shim-shin-ramen-lg.jpg

I've also cooked them a bit, draina and then add them to stir fry as a short cut to chow mein. That stuff takes so long to do from scratch. :p

If you got a Asian grocery store in town and 3-4 bucks you might want to try this.It contains 3 things of noodles and sauce and you can either have the noodles with just the sauce or do it with the meat and veggies.

fresh-yakisoba-noodles.jpg

This stuff tastes the same as above except its instant and around a dollar a single pack.The directions are pretty similar.
d_12642_1_1213290781.jpg

Last edited:

I actually like Ramen Noodles as well. I drain the water from them before adding the magic fairy dust (I don't like eating them as a soup), and then I add hot sauce. Deelish! :)

I do know that they are bad as hell for me and eat them only rarely, maybe once or twice a year.

Last edited:
I actually like Ramen Noodles as well. I drain the water from them before adding the magic fairy dust (I don't like eating them as a soup), and then I add hot sauce. Deelish! :)

There are some Asian brands on instant ramen/noodles that are supposed to be eaten like that and they usually include a chili powder packet so that you can make it as spicy as you want.

These are my favorite
Mi Goreng Instant Noodles from Thai Food Online
Thanksgiving 2011: Re-Review of Indomie Special Fried Curly Noodles Special Quality Instant Noodles | The Ramen Rater
IndoMie Instant Noodles Mi Goreng (5 cts.): Thai Food | Thai groceries | Thai Market | Thai curry | Thai ingredients | Cookware Online ::: GroceryThai.com

Great, what an inspiration. Every time she coughs she craps in her pants. :eek: She already hates rock and her idea of a great night is playing cards in her pajamas until 10.30 PM. As far as she is concerned sex is overrated, although she's still a virgin and a second cup of coffee makes her feel as if she is out of control. Lovely.

Yeah, well that is different. You use ramen as a base.

I don't eat it much anymore, but it's my go to when I need to get some calories in me after a bout with the flu where I don't eat anything for 2-3 days. I'll take down two packs at a time in that instance, then I'm done with it until I am sick again (which is few and far between).

Yeah, well that is different. You use ramen as a base.

It's a short cut when I don't have the right stuff. Gotta be inventive when it's the day before shopping. :D

It's a short cut when I don't have the right stuff. Gotta be inventive when it's the day before shopping. :D

I like ramen. It probably makes a great base.

Not long ago I went to the dollar store looking for a cheap magnifying glass. I saw cases of ramen noodles on sale for damn near nothing and bought a case. Hey, when you can't find anything to eat at home and you don't want to go to the store, it's pretty good. Ms. Thicket is, ahem, of a different opinion.

Not long ago I went to the dollar store looking for a cheap magnifying glass. I saw cases of ramen noodles on sale for damn near nothing and bought a case. Hey, when you can't find anything to eat at home and you don't want to go to the store, it's pretty good. Ms. Thicket is, ahem, of a different opinion.

I dont even use the packet, i just throw a broth together with what ever is on hand. My current go to is soy sauce, brown sugar and sri racha

pretty ghetto, but hits the spot when you don't feel like actually cooking

It is a good base and it has appeal to my kids. :p

LOL...I've seen those cases and have one under my counter now. Not so long ago, there was a lot going on and I often had to just throw dinner together ASAP so we ate at a decent hour. We pounded a bit ramen during that time. :D It's not everyone's fave, so understand Mrs. Thicket. :)

It's kind of the human version of monkey chow

It's kind of the human version of monkey chow

Ya, kinda. But Cup of Noodles costs 28 cents and is fast when you have to eat lunch on the fly. Terrible sodium, though.

Ya, kinda. But Cup of Noodles costs 28 cents and is fast when you have to eat lunch on the fly. Terrible sodium, though.

Yes, but I hear that most of it is in the flavor packet. Some people will cook the noodles in the flavor but then rinse them and only eat the noodles and not the broth. I guess there's a crazy amount of sodium in the flavor packet.

Back
Top Bottom