• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

18 Fascinating Things You Didn't Know About Teddy Roosevelt

I knew about his relationship to FDR (at least knew they were cousins), knew he got shot and knew about the scouts. The Teddy Bear stuff I've always figured was common knowledge.

One of my favorite presidents, albeit mostly for his personality.

He was Assistant Secretary of the Navy, and effectively ran the branch, until the Spanish-American war forced him to put his money where his mouth was. He resigned to fight in the war he had been in favor of.

A modern example of a powerful hawk in government resigning to actually fight can be found in...

He recruited the Rough Riders at the Menger Hotel.

Back
Top Bottom