• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

18-25 and Selective Service - Are You Ready?

Ok.. By some of the activity here its clear we do have a young demographic element at DP. That's a good thing as we all should want a perspective that covers a broad segment of our society.

I'm curious what the 18-25 year old's think about the draft?

Are you ready to go and fight Joe's war?

Maybe pull a 60's era move and head for Canada?

Again, curious as I'm an old goat. Just wondering about you younger cats who may face the draft if the worst happens.

Oh, and hats off to those that would sign up anyway.

=================================

Selective Service​

Learn how a military draft works and find out if and how you need to register for Selective Service.

The Draft​

A draft is the mandatory enrollment of individuals into the armed forces. The United States military has been all-volunteer since 1973. But an act of Congress could still reinstate the draft in case of a national emergency. The Selective Service System is the agency that registers men and is responsible for running a draft.

Who Must Register with Selective Service​

• Almost all men ages 18-25 who are U.S. citizens or are immigrants living in the U.S. are required to register with Selective Service. Citizens must register within 30 days of turning 18. Immigrants must register within 30 days of arriving in the U.S.
  • Men in the U.S. on student, visitor, or diplomatic visas and men who are incarcerated are not required to register. For other exemptions and for transgender people, see the Who Must Register (PDF, Download Adobe Reader) chart.

What makes you think this has any possibility of happening?

There is not going to be a draft.

1. It would be political suicide, barring an existential threat to the continental US.

2. It isn't going to be necessary. It has become evident that the existing US military could destroy the Russian army in a conventional war with one hand tied behind their back.

3. The US Army does not want or need draftees... they have professional soldiers. At any rate most 18-25yos are so unfit to fight the war would be over long before they were made into soldiers...

Ok.. By some of the activity here its clear we do have a young demographic element at DP. That's a good thing as we all should want a perspective that covers a broad segment of our society.

Again, curious as I'm an old goat. Just wondering about you younger cats who may face the draft if the worst happens.

Selective Service​

Learn how a military draft works and find out if and how you need to register for Selective Service.

The Draft​

A draft is the mandatory enrollment of individuals into the armed forces. The United States military has been all-volunteer since 1973. But an act of Congress could still reinstate the draft in case of a national emergency. The Selective Service System is the agency that registers men and is responsible for running a draft.

• Almost all men ages 18-25 who are U.S. citizens or are immigrants living in the U.S. are required to register with Selective Service. Citizens must register within 30 days of turning 18. Immigrants must register within 30 days of arriving in the U.S.
  • Men in the U.S. on student, visitor, or diplomatic visas and men who are incarcerated are not required to register. For other exemptions and for transgender people, see the Who Must Register (PDF, Download Adobe Reader) chart.

Damn is this dumb.

A while back I read somewhere that a large percentage of American males are soft and in such poor physical condition that they would not qualify for military service. True? I have no idea.
I also wonder how long they'd let "I identify as a woman so you can't draft me" fly.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OH man I hadn't thought about THAT can of worms...
I mean, if you accept it in one context, you have to accept it in every context, right?

I mean, if you accept it in one context, you have to accept it in every context, right?

Yeah that's apparently what we're supposed to do now. Whatever you say you are is what you are, right? :LOL::sneaky:

Yeah that's apparently what we're supposed to do now. Whatever you say you are is what you are, right? :LOL::sneaky:
hashtag-believe-"her"

Vlad must be sweating bullets to have them pumping out this shit.

Vlad isn’t the one fantasizing about how war with Russia would be “just like the Gulf War” and calling for a no fly zone

We just fought a 20 year war without a draft, but hey you have your finger on the pulse of America.
This will be WW3. Folks better start packing their bags.

Good read for those in the concerned demographic. It’s easy to sit in moms basement and say let’s fight the commies.

But are you ready to go and die in Ukraine when Biden calls you up?
========

Tweet Hints at Coming Draft as Army Lowers Fitness Standards

(Alex Tien, Headline USA) The United States Army has been completely volunteer for nearly 50 years, with the last draft taking place in 1973.

But according to WeLoveTrump.com, the all-volunteer army may soon be coming to an end with the growing likelihood of boots on the ground in Ukraine.

On Wednesday, the Selective Service tweeted out that “in the event of a draft” the agency would partner with FEMA to give opportunities to conscientious objectors who refuse to

Selective Service​

The Draft​

What the ****? I have 3 sons in that age group. Stop pretending you give a flying **** about them. This isn't "Joe's war". This is Putin's war. Don't use my sons to advance your "I hate Biden because he beat my crush Trump" horseshit.

What the ****? I have 3 sons in that age group. Stop pretending you give a flying **** about them. This isn't "Joe's war". This is Putin's war. Don't use my sons to advance your "I hate Biden because he beat my crush Trump" horseshit.

Buy luggage. Something disposable

Selective Service​

The Draft​

The government shouldn’t be in the business of enslaving people. Selective Service needs to be totally abolished.

This will be WW3. Folks better start packing their bags.

It would take between 4 and 6 months for any draftees to start filtering in to units from training.

Any war with Russia would be over by then, one way or another.

Buy luggage. Something disposable

Sounds like the military needs to offer more pay, bonuses, and benefits.

Don’t worry, we can tax your precious 1% to pay for it.

We just fought a 20 year war without a draft, but hey you have your finger on the pulse of America.
Not to instigate this thread but that's about the third time someone referenced Afghanistan.

That was definitely NOT war.

Not to instigate this thread but that's about the third time someone referenced Afghanistan.

That was definitely NOT war.

Vietnam was not and there was a draft, you want to get caught up in semantics have at it.

Afghanistan was NOT Vietnam either ...

Semantics, you think the soldiers who fought give a shit about what is was called? You having fun?

Selective Service​

The Draft​

I have written some stupid OP's but think this beats any of mine. Do you really think after seeing how badly the Russian military has done in Ukraine that Putin wants to start a conventional war with us. One Russian general said that the army he was most afraid of was ours and now we see why. And Biden has done everything to keep us out of a fighting war with Russia, or haven't they allowed you to see that on Fox News, the Russian propaganda network in the USA.

Back
Top Bottom