• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

170,945 (non-NY State) Americans have died from COVID in < 7 months

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
That's with shutdowns and some masks and some social distancing and little school and buying the medical community time to figure out ways to keep people alive.

That's 25,325 American deaths PER MONTH (outside of NY State). At that rate it will be 303,000 dead Americans PER YEAR (outside of NY State). Pretty crazy, no?

btw, ~ 618,222 Americans died in the Civil War in 4 years (12,879 per month).

Come on QAnon and Trump folks. This is your chance to downplay this thing.

Only, oh, let's say a cult mentality would not have any problem with those numbers.

It's only way more per month than the Civil War.

And that's without New York State.

Why exclude New York?

It's only way more per month than the Civil War.

And that's without New York State.

I've found when you confront them with links to proven numbers they generally disappear from the debate.

So they can't say that it's only a New York State problem.

I think that's misguided. Both not an important issue, and at least include both numbers. Just excluding New York is not right to New Yorkers, giving right-wing delusions too much concern, as if they had any merit, which they don't.

I think that's misguided. Both not an important issue, and at least include both numbers. Just excluding New York is not right to New Yorkers, giving right-wing delusions too much concern, as if they had any merit, which they don't.

we've had tons of threads that include all Americans. this one points out something that i'm sure they don't even consider (the huge number of deaths not even counting the one state that they blame the majority of COVID on).

we've had tons of threads that include all Americans. this one points out something that i'm sure they don't even consider (the huge number of deaths not even counting the one state that they blame the majority of COVID on).

We'll just agree to disagree that it's a good idea to just list numbers excluding New York, which stopped being the center of the issue long ago.

We'll just agree to disagree that it's a good idea to just list numbers excluding New York, which stopped being the center of the issue long ago.

it stopped being the center of the issue to SANE people a long time ago.

it stopped being the center of the issue to SANE people a long time ago.

I haven't heard Republicans argue that the virus is a New York issue in six months. Though *trump* has recently been arguing it's mostly a blue state issue.

I haven't heard Republicans argue that the virus is a New York issue in six months. Though *trump* has recently been arguing it's mostly a blue state issue.

it's where they all argue that the **** up started. the Gov, nursing homes, etc. it's their way of taking Trump off the hook.

and this thread shows the actual math if you take out the state with the most deaths (thus showing how deadly this thing is across the country). this lesson (that it's not just a NY or blue state or liberal virus) is a horrible thing that a lot of dumb (or partisan) people had to learn (and many STILL don't think it's that big a deal).

Back
Top Bottom